test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official Feedback Thread for the Deep Space Nine Social Zone

Comments

• peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    tacofangs wrote: »
    Awsome job on the interior guys.

I’m just a bit confused. Shouldn’t the location of the jumja stick vendor/gift shop and the Klingon restaurant be switched?

They were actually in the exact same spot. Jumja in Season 1 (and a little into S2), then got replaced by the Klingon Deli (or that shop, which actually got used for a number of things).

We wanted to include the Jumja stand somewhere, and since we had to fill in the back 2/3 of the Promenade, we put it there.

It's not so much that we got it wrong, as we've made some sacrifices for gameplay.

There were only two, small bar tables, and they were ONLY in the shots that were close up, to make it feel like a restaurant. Never in the shots from farther out, because those tables were just in the middle of the Promenade walkway. While it would be nice to have them, they would eat up too much walking space.

So get your Gagh to go, and go sit in the Replimat.

I will; and again your team has really outdone itself on DS9. :)
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • jiralinriajiralinria Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    DS9 gets even better, one can play darts! This is so cool, thanks a lot :)
  • psiameesepsiameese Member Posts: 1,644 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    I like the additional details the Promenade with this update. Love the new banners. Is it just me or was the NPC pathing improved? The congestion that I previously mentioned doesn't feel as severe.

The Klingon restaurant is now closer to Quarks. The Jumja bar looks great! The illuminated tables (a few unfinished) in the corners of Quark's are nice. And, yes. Darts!
    (/\) Exploring Star Trek Online Since July 2008 (/\)
  • zepharynthezepharynthe Member Posts: 169 Arc User
    Excellent! You can now return to your ship from the docking port when you dock at DS9. Thank you for adding that requested feature.
    I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.
    Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. Thomas Jefferson (et al)
    It would be nice to have some of the DS9 staff in DS9. Was looking for Bashir in the sick bay, etc.
    I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.
    Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. Thomas Jefferson (et al)
    Yay! My female Cardassian no longer looks like a changeling! She finally has hair. Would be nice to have a shinieness slider on the Cardassian styles like you have on the pony tail.
  • lordgyorlordgyor Member Posts: 2,820 Arc User
    > @zepharynthe said:
    > Yay! My female Cardassian no longer looks like a changeling! She finally has hair. Would be nice to have a shinieness slider on the Cardassian styles like you have on the pony tail.

All characters look like Changelings because Changelings can look like them.
    lordgyor wrote: »
    > @zepharynthe said:
    >

All characters look like Changelings because Changelings can look like them.

Actually, Odo had trouble making his hair look right because he had trouble with fine details, he lacked experience and tutoring since he left his homeworld before he'd matured. It was 200 years after DS9 in the Children of Time episode that he finally looked normal. If you remember the child changeling that was his "son" had to be taught how to look like a rock.
  • northstar121403northstar121403 Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    Well I'm one of those who has the lighting issue but, from what I could see, you all have outdone yourselves with the revamp of the map. I'm really excited about this. The option to dock was a pleasant surprise. It's a small thing but it would be nice to be able to enter the wormhole from within the DS9 system map. Also, being able to shuttle to Bajor would be convenient.
    Making Borg go *BOOM* since May 2010

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
    1. The backgrounds of some NPCs in the shipyard still show ESD.

Some NPCs on DS9 have ESD backgrounds

2. The top floor of Quark's is too dark. For instance, I can't see Gar'Con's face. (Whoever named that waiter must really like puns.)

3. Quark's voice is still wrong.

4. Morn is no longer sitting in his seat. Instead, he's standing near Quark. However, when you ask him, "Where have you been all this time?", the cut-scene still focuses on his seat; it zooms in on an empty chair.
    Waiting for a programmer ...
    qVpg1km.png
  • psiameesepsiameese Member Posts: 1,644 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    I found the door to the space map. Literally. But it wasn't a docking ring elevator. ;) Our Klingon Chef still loves The Samba from the previous patch. Although, Morn has again found a seat to tell his tales from.

Is the view from the upper level windows destined to get a better view of the docking pylons?
    (/\) Exploring Star Trek Online Since July 2008 (/\)
  • vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,843 Arc User
    ok I just beamed aboard, (And docked) so far, WOW. is it possible for a docking animation? that would be excellent. time to explore!
    Spock.jpg

edited May 2018
    ok. went up to the upper deck. LOVE the baseball pennants! however, looking out the window, the pylon has no detail.

307yrs5.jpg

didn't capture it but the wormhole was all grey too
    Spock.jpg

edited May 2018
    just a comment... no mail terminal in the exchange/bank room opposite the shipyard.

Dabo still not launching, you get the menu play dabo, nada. nice morn cutscene. talk to hadron brings up the gpl conversion menu when you play darts you throw in whatever direction you are facing. yes i threw a dart at leeta.
    quark sounds like hadron...
    Spock.jpg

• tacofangstacofangs Member Posts: 2,951 Cryptic Developer
    The Mail terminal is right outside the Exchange/Bank room, next to the Replimat, across from the Transporter. There are 2 other Mail terminals at about 1/3 increments around the lower promenade.
    Only YOU can prevent forum fires!
    19843299196_235e44bcf6_o.jpg
  • tmichctmichc Member Posts: 164 Arc User
    As I mentioned to Tacoface in Zone chat a couple of minutes ago, I'm having Tailor issues. Not sure if others are having the same. Anyway, this is what it looks like:

kfn1IT8.png

zaZSiUf.png

O4Wdfkg.png

Tim
  • kirimuffinkirimuffin Member Posts: 692 Arc User
    The ship selector on the new DS9 still doesn't actually allow you to select your ship; it only shows your current ship and your current shuttle.
  • shurato2099shurato2099 Member Posts: 588 Arc User
    There also appear to several pathing issues. I noticed knots of NPCs in the Exchange room as well as milling back and forth in Quark's between the bar and the exit.
  • daiphdaiph Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    It's a good looking map, but it needs MASSIVE optimisation work done.

STO in general is horrible for how it behaves graphically, where I typically see 40% utilisation or under on CPU and GPU (i5 4690K, GTX970) but yet the frame rates drop into the 40s. On the new DS9 map, I was regularly seeing under 30fps with 50%ish loads. That's without opening up any other UI windows like Inventory, which are infamous for crippling performance.

I'd love to know what it is about STO that does this.
    What everyone buying Zen are really saying while all these bugs are still floating freely:
    qHiCsi6.gif
    Stop new content until quality returns
  • isthisscienceisthisscience Member Posts: 863 Arc User
    The repair ships guy that appears in the window is not the NPC standing in the room.

The Klingon chef has clearly deleted the patters for raktajino from all the station's replicators so he can corner the market.
    There also appear to several pathing issues. I noticed knots of NPCs in the Exchange room as well as milling back and forth in Quark's between the bar and the exit.

Noticed the same. It's like when they reach that point they don't know where to go. If you can knock them around, some get back on their path again.
  • badgerpants999badgerpants999 Member Posts: 241 Arc User

I noticed the crowd in the bank/exchange myself.

On a brighter note, I was walking around the top floor of DS9 and I saw the Baseball Pennants up there. I'd just like to thank who ever came up with the idea and the person/people who came up with the names. The New Berlin Craters. The Lake Armstrong Eagles and the Ferenginar Liquidators (sponsored by Moogie inc.) were highlights for me!
    On a brighter note, I was walking around the top floor of DS9 and I saw the Baseball Pennants up there. I'd just like to thank who ever came up with the idea and the person/people who came up with the names. The New Berlin Craters. The Lake Armstrong Eagles and the Ferenginar Liquidators (sponsored by Moogie inc.) were highlights for me!

They are cool, glad to see the Niners up there. If only we could play a game in the holosuites, the fleets could have their own team names and pennants.
  • lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    A couple of things i noticed appear to be bugged on a run through there today:

1) Ship tailor is still way too dark to see hull materials properly. Not sure what is going on but it seems way darker in DS9 (both old & new) than anywhere else you have a tailor. Is it taking the lighting from the host map, with DS9 just being darker overall so the tailor matches it?

2) There are some serious NPC patching issues, especially in the exchange/bank room. They were all just going round in a circle in the very middle of the room, like 10-20 of them. It looked like some weird mosh pit of sorts. Also noticed some similar issues in the temple area though not as bad as traffic there is lower.
    SulMatuul.png
  • codyrocks13codyrocks13 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    Warped into ds9 on tribble, looks like half is missing.
    h3M8nnf.png

Edit; as i approached it seemed like the rest of the station slowly popped in, maybe it's because the textures were still loading or something?
    Ops is magnificent. It is stunning! Just want to make that clear before I go into another list of super minor comments.
    1. As codyrocks above, the lower pylons have been stolen by the Hur'q.
    2. With all the ships there, it is very crowded but none are actually in canon docking locations. Maybe some could be moved nearer to docking ports? Or have some flagships replace the generic ships to keep the number down?
    3. Can we beam to our ship from the Ops transporter? Maybe make it an express one that sends you straight to sector space?
    4. I am so glad the rep messages have been moved to a smaller console, but zone were you can click on it extends just into Sisko's office (I'm going to call it Sisko's regardless of who is in there).
    5. Is someone going to take Dax's seat now Sarish has moved? Or is that just so we can sit in Dax's spot like we can sit in Kurland's chair?
    6. Functioning replicators? Where are the staff going to get their raktajino?
    7. On the promenade, the Romulan ambassador addresses low level toons as Admiral regardless of your rank.
    8. You can hear holo-leeta whispering all the way out on the promenade.
    9. Like how we have extra mail terminals around the promenade, maybe one extra bank somewhere - assay office style (to take the pressure off crowds at the main bank-exchange)?
    10. Why is Loriss wearing a viewscreen headset on the promenade?
    11. Is the latinum exchange meant to have purple textures? It looks off but I have no idea how it is meant to look like.
    12. Are the grey walled areas of the promenade still WIP, or held in reserve for future needs? It is daunting exactly how much promenade you guys are having to do. I don't envy you beautiful geniuses.
  • primar13primar13 Member Posts: 1,896 Bug Hunter
    Regarding the space map:

The I.K.S. Kor is the wrong class. Rodek/Kurns Ship is a Kurak Class Battlecruiser. I think it's pulling an older mob.

https://sto.gamepedia.com/I.K.S._Kor
  • primar13primar13 Member Posts: 1,896 Bug Hunter
    Ops is magnificent. It is stunning! Just want to make that clear before I go into another list of super minor comments.
    1. Functioning replicators? Where are the staff going to get their raktajino?

only if it includes the option to request a Homicidal Phaser Array. :smile:
  • speedystrekspeedystrek Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    I noticed now that you added that strange blur background like it is on the future ships bridges. I really don't like that, and it is not looking good on the so otherwise amassing ne DS9 map.
    Can you please remove it again, or at list give us the option to do it our self if we don't want it? It really makes me feel dizzy. :#:(

Has9AxB.jpg

https://imgur.com/Has9AxB

Edit: Found it in the Settings to turn it off. It is well hidden, so it would be nice to make it more obvious. :)
    Post edited by speedystrek on
    7mf4rl12.png
  • speedystrekspeedystrek Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    I found all the NPC's in the Exchange room walking on one spot like some zombies. :D

TBq9lz7.jpg

7mf4rl12.png
    1. Quarks bar Dabo wheel is obviously rigged.
    2. The current Endeavor to make 500 latinum at Quark's bar is broke. It doesn't keep track of how much latinum you've won and when you win over 500 latinum total it does not complete.