test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Suliban Veil Fighters?

djf021djf021 Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
Due to the sale this weekend, I'm considering getting the Silik flight deck cruiser. Since my Rom engie already has the Tactical Command Warbird, I probably wouldn't actually use the ship much. But the fighters look pretty good, at least on paper. Two beam arrays each, and unlike the Scorpion fighters, they don't have to be smart and actually face my target to work. I'm thinking of using them on my Vastam and Fleet Kara.
Are these fighters any good? Thoughts?
C4117709-1498929112732780large.jpg

Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference.
-Captain James T. Kirk

Comments

• mythos9mythos9 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    they look cool, about it. the only thing that makes them special is reflective hull ability but that ability is garbage. wouldn't bother unless you like how they look. use swarmers or scorpions if you care about pets being usefull
  • mythos9mythos9 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    will also say pets aren't very good but suliban flight deck cruiser is a great ship. I love it. its only flaw is command specialty seat is in the LT cmd tac seat. its very similar to scim except more maneuverable/warp core/worse pets/bad specialty seat spot/cant use dual cannons
  • lordgyorlordgyor Member Posts: 2,820 Arc User
    I have the blackguard which is basically the same ship as the Sulik, minus cloak but with better hull.

The Cutpurse fighters are basically the same as Veil Fighters, except the Cutpurse class uses disruptors and photon torps vs Veil Fighters Plasma Weapons.

Anyways these ships have one of the best consoles in the game in my opinion.

Using the console against say a Borg Cube and watch as the surrounding spheres rip it apart is fun. Its good against solo targets too because it then just shreds DR.

The pets are okay, the two beams are good at taking down enemy shields, and its got torps to damage the hull. I use insult to injury trait so I get more out of their torps.

I do find they die more often then Slavers or Interceptors.

This is the only ship I have with the command specialization so I enjoy that.

Also with 5 forward weapon slots and no dual cannons its almost like they designed it for single cannon builds.

Also unlike proper Romulan ships the Suliban ship has a warp core a
    and Cruiser Commands, yet retains the Romulan Battle Cloak, so this ship gives you a very unique build and offers a very different play style from other ships.