test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

QoL - Admiralty Card Claiming Store or Console

jivedutchjivedutch Member Posts: 357 Arc User
Request for a quality of life improvement.

Admiralty Card console.
A console with the purpose of claiming available admiralty cards on an account / character.
Preferably with some sorting options , federation - kdf - romulan - cross faction - universal

Currently the system requires a lot of screens to open for ships ..
Reputation Store reclaim - event ship, like the Bajoran & Breen ships
Cstore Ships tab - All regular cstore ships
Cstore Promo tab - Special reward ships, like the Vizier & Mirror Guardian and Runabout and other External Promo's
Ship vendor - the white ships and the free ones during character leveling ,
Special NPC - Captains shuttle

The current system needs all those screens and boxes, and access to the ship selector and all above mentioned tabs and screen to Equip the ships either directly or through boxes... Pick up the ship and equip it on the character ( several if enough room ) ... open the admiralty screen to "fix" all the curent ships to cards , then go to the Ship Selector officer and discharge all the ships to make room for the next batch , discharge per ship, including a "ship name" security textbox.

Replacing the above system with a "Admiralty Card Console" would save the players a lot of time filling their admiralty roster ( several hours worht if one has all the cstore ships, for example ) and a lot of useless interaction and transactions for the backend system since no ships need to be bought, equiped & discarded

So please ....

What - Admiralty Card Console
Where - Near ship vendor or Faction General
Contents - Eligible cards for admiralty roster

Comments

• Options
    iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    +1

Signed

Agree wholeheartedly.

Anything to make the process easier. I don't bother with Admiralty on new alts anymore since it means I have to go and claim them all. While for some that may be a simple task, but when you have as many ships as I do, it takes a while.

Go to shipyard. Claim as many ships as I can to fill up my active ship slots, which also sometimes means opening boxes to claim them, adding yet another step. Delete ships by typing the names and confirming. Repeat until all ships are claimed. And heaven forbid you claim a ship and the system bogs down for a bit and the Admiralty card isn't claimed so you have to go back thru and reclaim/delete the ship again so the card shows up.

PLEASE, for the sake of what little sanity I have left, make something like this.
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • Options
    where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    OMG...THIS. Is. A. Great. Idea.

As I am going through this ship reclaiming hell right now on one of my characters. Shuffling ships around between active slots and/or Dry Dock and/or discharging gets to be mind boggling.

I am at the point of thinking: No Admiralty on new characters....too much of a pain.
    Those Dilithium Vendors are sitting around doing nothing these days....
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    Found another one i had been missing on a lot of my chars due to very hard way to get it which would be solved by a central card console

Type 10 Shuttle - Part of the DS9 discount pack

Dismiss all items from DS9 pack required to reclaim the pack .. open the shuttle box and equip the shuttle ...
  • Options
    tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,637 Arc User
    jivedutch wrote: »
    Found another one i had been missing on a lot of my chars due to very hard way to get it which would be solved by a central card console

Type 10 Shuttle - Part of the DS9 discount pack

Dismiss all items from DS9 pack required to reclaim the pack .. open the shuttle box and equip the shuttle ...

I suspect it's edge-cases like this that they'd have to account for that stalls the addition of something like this. Well, that and the aversion they have to re-visiting things, and they couldn't implement automatic and/or easy card claiming at the start, as the server would need to do it for everyone logging on or buying ships. I'm not sure why it wasn't just run for everybody during a server downtime prior to the introduction of the system, but maybe that large of database pull would take to long.
  • Options
    System load is one of the primary concerns for such a thing, which is why it should never be implemented as an automatic on opening an often used screen, so as a particular console or screen option making it an occasional load.

This has been implemented before , as shown by the " update commendation records" option.

That aside ... it seems to me that the same mechanic that shows ships and packs as white/grey in the cstore or other screens.
    Aside from easier navigation this would also be a big reason for seperating this in a "simple" screen which only pulls a limited number of selectable items.

Quite similar to how the cstore tabs and screens work, and the shipyard vendor for ships ....
    This also does a check on eligible items, and then sorts them on already obtained and availables....