test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Stephen Hawking Dies

alexmakepeacealexmakepeace Member Posts: 10,633 Arc User
See here. He was 76.

Comments

• bwleon7bwleon7 Member Posts: 310 Arc User
    Dr. Miranda Jones: I understand, Mr. Spock. The glory of creation is in its infinite diversity.
    Mr. Spock: And the ways our differences combine, to create meaning and beauty.

-Star Trek: Is There in Truth No Beauty? (1968)
  • sevenofnine13141sevenofnine13141 Member Posts: 4,272 Arc User
    May he rest in peace and quiet slumber, for he has ascended into the heavens. We shall remember him. So say us all. He has lived long, and has earned his rest...

Rest in Peace
    Stephen Hawking
    1942-2018
    | State of the Federation |
    The German Empire
    Founded 2413
    Leader: S. Raneson
    de_pr2.gif
  • captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    Stephen William Hawking CH CBE FRS FRSA (8 January 1942 – 14 March 2018) Walk again sir. And we'll keep working on it.

quote-on-seeing-the-enterprise-s-warp-engine-while-visiting-the-set-of-star-trek-the-next-generation-stephen-hawking-235509.jpg
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    bwleon7 wrote: »

Slight bug with the Einstein Hologram. Einstein was never bad at math.

The world is less intelligent with his passing.
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    I'm sorry to hear of his passing at 76 years old. That is still a good run for a man who had spent the past 50 years giving advanced thoeries about the universe around us. It doesn't matter than he was a Brit, he did what he did for all of us and clearly had faith Humanity as a whole that we can do better to find our future in space.

RIP, Steven.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,786 Arc User
    Mr. Hawking had to be one of the most inspirational persons I can think of.

May he rest in peace.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    I'm sorry to hear of his passing at 76 years old. That is still a good run for a man who had spent the past 50 years giving advanced thoeries about the universe around us. It doesn't matter than he was a Brit, he did what he did for all of us and clearly had faith Humanity as a whole that we can do better to find our future in space.

RIP, Steven.

Even better since after his diagnosis in his early twenties he was only given four years to live. Five Decades powered by sheer force of will, awesomeness, and brilliance.

Is he gonna get on the in-game memorial plaques? He was a guest star.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    captaind3 wrote: »

RIP, Steven.

Even better since after his diagnosis in his early twenties he was only given four years to live. Five Decades powered by sheer force of will, awesomeness, and brilliance.

Is he gonna get on the in-game memorial plaques? He was a guest star.

If anyone deserves a statue in Star Trek Online, it is Stephen Hawking.
  • sevenofnine13141sevenofnine13141 Member Posts: 4,272 Arc User
    I agree. The man certainly has deserved it. Perhaps put the statue somewhere on ESD or at Starfleet Academy?
    | State of the Federation |
    The German Empire
    Founded 2413
    Leader: S. Raneson
    de_pr2.gif
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    He definitely deserves a memorial in Star Trek Online and the players need it as well. For anyone interested, Curiosity Stream has put up 3 episodes of Stephen Hawking's Favorite Places for free viewing. They are well worth watching! Their streaming service also has a few other shows hosted by Professor Hawking.