test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What about the poor Chief Engineer that got kicked out of ESD's Vendor area?

This poor Chief Engineer that got booted from the counter area to behind the wall of the vendor area of ESD!

m6XHsyy.png?1

He used to be on the left end next to the ship taylor. That is a pretty sad place for him to end up!

There are two terminals that would work for him just at the entrance to the hanger bay

NLOrn1J.png

or even in the walkway of the hangerbay could be rigged for him.

cFxWGw8.png

Come on Cryptic, at least give this long suffering Engineer a computer to use again!!

Comments

• jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    I haven't been to ESD yet since the patch. All my character are actually hanging out in the Voth Battlezone at the moment. :)
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,825 Community Moderator
    Was this really such a big problem that he had to be moved??
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • geezerpunkgeezerpunk Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    I never thought so, and yes; I have been to him maybe a handful of times since beta. Because I too carry my own repair items. But it isn't like he even had a desk, what's next giving Sulu an office in the Turbolift, or putting T.A. Philip Cray's bathroom into the C-47 Club's second floor "Refresher".
  • protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 3,140 Arc User
    I realize most people already know this, but if you don't carry your own heals either in your bank or inventory injuries can stack up quickly making you combat ineffective. I carry some in both, as those stored in your bank are used first, so if you see those in your inventory getting used you've run out in your bank.

Only time I've seen this guy is when injuries were stacking (now fixed) when Miner's Elite first came out and ended up with a critical.
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,003 Arc User
    It's "hangar" not "hanger". A hanger carries coats and jackets, not shuttles.
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • reafisreafis Member Posts: 147 Arc User
    I think he was moved to allow him to be easier to find on the mini map, as the icons at that proximity kinda merge
  • darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,805 Community Moderator
    Shot in the dark, he's watching for ships to come into the dock to repair. Just how I played it off anyways. With as much stuff as they had all behind those consoles it could get annoying selecting the right window sometimes. Unless I'm missing something I don't really see an issue here.
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
  • captainkoltarcaptainkoltar Member Posts: 936 Arc User
    Wouldn't you rather be looking at cool ships all day rather than staring at a console?
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,825 Community Moderator
    Aren't there pop-up holographic terminals along that railing like in Operations? Couldn't they have put him at one of those, so that he at least LOOKED like he was working? Or even holding a PADD? Both those guys need to at least keep up an appearance of being gainfully employed. :D
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • captainkoltarcaptainkoltar Member Posts: 936 Arc User
    Surely you're not implying that the Chief Engineer on Starfleet's most important Starbase is a slacket?
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    Was this really such a big problem that he had to be moved??
    If anything, I think all the contacts being in the same place was good, as player didn't have to run all over the place to conduct business.

Though IMO these one-button popup contacts should actually be on the players' UI. This is the 25th century, surely we can call the ship repairman without visiting him in person.
  • reafisreafis Member Posts: 147 Arc User
    TBH I would like to see in mission damage that you can go into your ship interior and repair via a mini game or repair via components.
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    reafis wrote: »
    TBH I would like to see in mission damage that you can go into your ship interior and repair via a mini game or repair via components.
    That could be nice...but a lot of ships don't have an interior, just a stub bridge.
  • geezerpunkgeezerpunk Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    It never was a big deal, you could choose your interaction when you got to the counter. But just sitting there in front of a window is another place where Cryptic "cheaped out". And also for RPG it is slightly annoying.

But I also remember being an assosiate instructor at college, and my desk was always moved to any place they could find an area large enough to hold a desk and a chair. And yes, at one time the assosiate IT instructors office was a converted broom closet.

So my heart went out to this Chief Engineer.