test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Is there a way to turn off the Loot roll text?

valoreahvaloreah Member Posts: 11,726 Arc User
Not referring to the Lock Box opening fly in text. This is text for loot rolls on the team. "XXXXXX wont by a roll of 57." as an example. This only shows when teamed and is in the notification window of the HUD.

For some reason, this just appeared recently and I can't seem to find a way to turn it off. It's definitely not a checkbox in the notification or chat settings that I can see.

Anyone else seeing this? Can it be turned off?

Thanks in advance.
Dear Devs: I enjoyed the Legacy of Romulus expansion much more than the Delta Rising expansion. .
thecosmic1 wrote:
Anyone calling Valoreah a "Cryptic fanboy" must be new to the forum.

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!

Comments

• Options
    tyler002tyler002 Member Posts: 1,586 Arc User
    Notification Settings, in the dropdown menu below the minimap. That would be my best guess.
    tumblr_p7auh1JPC61qfr6udo4_500.gif
  • Options
    orangenee#2931 orangenee Member Posts: 837 Arc User
    I had a rummage around in the menus to see about an option, I don't care about loot rolls. I vote need as rapidly as possible to get rid of the heroic levels of spam in the left corner, don't care if I get it or not.
  • Options
    nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    You rolled a 2 for the ability to disable this message.
    Tza0PEl.png
  • Options
    fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,789 Arc User
    Added at the last patch I believe, and I haven't seen any way of shutting it off so far.

I wonder why they added it anyway.

It's not as if it provides useful information. Those numbers are random as far as I know.

So we now know which numbers someone drew and which number granted them the item. Which is something we still cannot influence so...
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • Options
    fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,789 Arc User
    Ok, maybe it helps if someone is standing around and doing nothing except 'needing' everything. Then this would be noticed more quickly.

But then there's still little you can do about it. So I don't see the point of these messages, someone who was interested in them could always look it up in the chat box.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.