test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[PC] 8th Anniversary Giveaways Day 4 - 200 Marks!

13»

Comments

• Options
    ikonn#1068 ikonn Member Posts: 1,449 Arc User
    You have until Monday to claim the ships. If you can get your characters to 50 by then, you can still claim them.
    -AoP- Warrior's Blood (KDF Armada) / -AoP- Qu' raD qulbo'Degh / -AoP- Project Phoenix
  • Options
    helios5868helios5868 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Clarification appreciation, ixi. I created a Fresean Captain not long ago and need to do the leveling. I appreciate the wiggle-room.
  • Options
    killer874killer874 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Very Good Gifts , but at least for the older Players that are already gained in previous giveaways the same Ships could you (for another time) let them choice something else ?
  • Options
    nekratos1nekratos1 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    I do find it a bit stupid as well, that you have to be level 50 to claim them, use i can understand, but claim them, makes little sense.

The original post/page should be edited to reflect the specifics, imo, so that more confusion does not arise, because as of right now, it says t5 ships are available for people to claim, which is both true and false, as they are only available to be claimed, if you have a level 50 character, before that, they cannot be claimed and thus are not available to be claimed.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    The only time you can receive a ship at a higher level, as pointed out above, is if they were part of a bigger pack. When I started in May 2013 I picked up the Legacy of Romulus Pack and the Steamrunner Pack. The Steamrunner had a low level and a T5. I got the T5 boxed in Inventory but couldn't open it until a Character reached 50. Same with varied levels of the Romulan ships.

The Events here allow you to unlock the T6s at, what is it Level 5 or 10, but you can't claim them until 40.

I just went through the Yulefest in LOTRO, you could buy the Empowered Shadow Essence packs with any level character with the Tokens you earned during the festivities but you can't open said packs until you reach Level 115.

Allowing to unlock should be allowed, but you can't use until the appropriate Level makes sense.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    legolover42#4222 legolover42 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    How do I claim the rewards?
  • Options
    Go to the Promotions Tab in the C-Store. It should be there. If not, go to the Ships Tab T5.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    It's labelled with "100% off" tag instead of any price (for stuff you don't own) or the tag "available" (for stuff you own already).
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • Options
    acidbuk#5004 acidbuk Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    The only time you can receive a ship at a higher level, as pointed out above, is if they were part of a bigger pack. When I started in May 2013 I picked up the Legacy of Romulus Pack and the Steamrunner Pack. The Steamrunner had a low level and a T5. I got the T5 boxed in Inventory but couldn't open it until a Character reached 50. Same with varied levels of the Romulan ships.

The Events here allow you to unlock the T6s at, what is it Level 5 or 10, but you can't claim them until 40. -Snip-

But that is not what is happening. I cannot claim the Free T5 ships at all. I absolutely understand not being able to use those ships and keep them was Reward Packs or account unlocks until I reach Level 50, that makes sense, I can stick them in a bank and ignore them until then but the C-Store won't even let me claim them. at all. period. For some reason the C-Store does not consider this a "Promotion" while listed as 100% Off in the 'Tier 5 Ships' Tab, The "Claim" Button is greyed out and locked away.

Those of us below level 50 miss out on these ships entirely. at best this feels like a huge miscommunication when they say "all captains" at worst this feels like a bait and switch and super dickery.
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    > @"acidbuk#5004" said:
    > ltminns wrote: »
    >
    > The only time you can receive a ship at a higher level, as pointed out above, is if they were part of a bigger pack. When I started in May 2013 I picked up the Legacy of Romulus Pack and the Steamrunner Pack. The Steamrunner had a low level and a T5. I got the T5 boxed in Inventory but couldn't open it until a Character reached 50. Same with varied levels of the Romulan ships.
    >
    > The Events here allow you to unlock the T6s at, what is it Level 5 or 10, but you can't claim them until 40. -Snip-
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > But that is not what is happening. I cannot claim the Free T5 ships at all. I absolutely understand not being able to use those ships and keep them was Reward Packs or account unlocks until I reach Level 50, that makes sense, I can stick them in a bank and ignore them until then but the C-Store won't even let me claim them. at all. period. For some reason the C-Store does not consider this a "Promotion" while listed as 100% Off in the 'Tier 5 Ships' Tab, The "Claim" Button is greyed out and locked away.
    >
    > Those of us below level 50 miss out on these ships entirely. at best this feels like a huge miscommunication when they say "all captains" at worst this feels like a bait and switch and super dickery.

^
    I can confirm.

Joined the game on the 2nd/3rd day of the event, when the t5 give away began my klingon was level 8, tried to claim it, no go. My klingon is now level 45, sorry 46, and still no go on claiming it.

The least they could have done is actually had the claiming work as implied in the article or specify in said article that there would be restrictions.

this is a fun game, and free items are always nice, but when a good game practically starts forcing players to grind to near end game, in a short time frame to get free items that are only available during said time frame, well, they can lose players.
    Post edited by nekratos1 on
  • Options
    highlandrisehighlandrise Member Posts: 354 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    :|
    Post edited by highlandrise on
  • Options
    ofonloofonlo Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    where were the giveaways for day 6 and day 7????
  • Options
    ofonlo wrote: »
    where were the giveaways for day 6 and day 7????

5-7 were all the T5 ships, i believe.
  • Options
    Six and seven were the Weekend. They don't work weekends.

I know they don't let you claim these ships, the point I was making was that they don't do that all the time. The exceptions being ships from multi level packs and allowing Characters to unlock a ship they can't use from an Event. The first Summer I started playing in 2013, they gave away a D'Kyr and an Orion ship. Since I didn't have a Federation or KDF Character at Level and only a Romulan, I couldn't claim them.

I believe they once stated that the reason they didn't allow it was to prevent complaints from people who purchased higher level ships and then finding they couldn't use them.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    -Snip-
    I believe they once stated that the reason they didn't allow it was to prevent complaints from people who purchased higher level ships and then finding they couldn't use them.

That is...Ridiculously stupid. Not you, I'm sure your swell and all but that reasoning, from Cryptic or Perfect or Arc or whoever is actually in charge this week is just ridiculous if that is the case and I got no reason to doubt you. They didn't seem to have a problem listing all of the other Anniversary week rewards as packs in the Promotions Tab that you can claim, I mean the Promotions tab exists for a reason surely?

As you said yourself, You can get 'Event ships' or out of Lock Boxes or whatever s Special Reward Packs that you can't unpack until you reach Level 50, Why couldn't they do the same here with the Free T5's? stick 'em in the Promotions tab as a Reward Pack, I can't unlock until later. That way we don't miss out, we just have to wait a bit longer. they don't even have to change the C-Store to do that.

Either way the original post was either a massive miscommunication or incredibly disingenuous whatever way you slice it. they should have made it available to everyone like they said it would be. Or stated clearly that caveats applied
  • Options
    legolover42#4222 legolover42 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    How do you claim the daily rewards?
  • Options
    How do you claim the daily rewards?

Usually in the C-Store, under the "Promotions" Tab. they are only available for a day each though so you missed a few (I did too), unless they decide to do a reissue of all the ones you missed at the end of the event but that seems unlikely.
  • Options
    -Snip-

That is...Ridiculously stupid. Not you, I'm sure your swell and all but that reasoning, from Cryptic or Perfect or Arc or whoever is actually in charge this week is just ridiculous if that is the case and I got no reason to doubt you. They didn't seem to have a problem listing all of the other Anniversary week rewards as packs in the Promotions Tab that you can claim, I mean the Promotions tab exists for a reason surely?

As you said yourself, You can get 'Event ships' or out of Lock Boxes or whatever s Special Reward Packs that you can't unpack until you reach Level 50, Why couldn't they do the same here with the Free T5's? stick 'em in the Promotions tab as a Reward Pack, I can't unlock until later. That way we don't miss out, we just have to wait a bit longer. they don't even have to change the C-Store to do that.

Either way the original post was either a massive miscommunication or incredibly disingenuous whatever way you slice it. they should have made it available to everyone like they said it would be. Or stated clearly that caveats applied

Not to mention that the give away for today was 2 specialization points, that you cannot open until you ge to level 60, but could claim before that, thus showing that they could have indeed set up the t5 ship give away that way, I luckily was able to get my klingon to level 50, but still.
  • Options
    dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    Six and seven were the Weekend. They don't work weekends.

I know they don't let you claim these ships, the point I was making was that they don't do that all the time. The exceptions being ships from multi level packs and allowing Characters to unlock a ship they can't use from an Event. The first Summer I started playing in 2013, they gave away a D'Kyr and an Orion ship. Since I didn't have a Federation or KDF Character at Level and only a Romulan, I couldn't claim them.

I'm pretty sure it was a Nebula, not a D'Kyr.

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • Options
    nekratos1 wrote: »
    -Snip-

Not to mention that the give away for today was 2 specialization points, that you cannot open until you ge to level 60, but could claim before that, thus showing that they could have indeed set up the t5 ship give away that way, I luckily was able to get my klingon to level 50, but still.

Exactly. I had no trouble claiming my Specialization Point Pack today from the C-Store. Even though I can't unlock that until much later so just dropped it into the Bank immediately. I managed to get to my Feddie to Level 18, but I'm terrible at power levelling so I missed out on the T5's entirely sadly.