test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Enhancement for Accolades and Reward

tobywitczaktobywitczak Member Posts: 208 Arc User
edited January 2018 in Controls and User Interface
I have been playing STO for almost three years now. I can honestly say that I spend most of my time doing character maintenance vs actually playing the game. This comes down to four areas. DOFF Missions, Admiralty Missions, Accolade Hunting, and reward Hunting. For the purposes of this discussion I will only discuss the Accolades and Rewards.

My Previous discussion on DOFF Missions can be found
My Previous discussion on Admiralty Missions can be found

When it comes to Accolades and Reward and hunting for them I spend most of my time in a spreadsheet checking off boxes to find out what I have missed on a play though pf what missions. It would be a real nice feature to have this list baked into the STO Episode replay and have it keep track of what special items you have and what accolades the mission provides. I would assume that this would be one of the easer functions to add by adding it to the episode replay window to show what is in your inventory/ship slots and what the in the episode can be obtained. In addition, once someone has had a character unlock the Accolade, they should be able to see it across all the toons. Its bad design to hide Accolades the play already knows about. If the overall plan is to start adding more accolades then some sort of tracking for the player will become more and more critical. A player I more likely to repeat a play thought if they know they missed something.

In the chance that someone from Crypic or Perfect World sees this, please consider making this enhancement, in an upcoming release.
Tagged: