test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Has anyone been able to make a decent looking Kirk and Spock in the costume editor?

First, is it actually ok with the rules to do this?

Second, has anyone been able to make them that actually look good? I've seen some pretty bad ones running around, but none that actually look close.

Comments

• Options
    stobot#7771 stobot Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    To answer the first part of your question, the ONLY place, I repeat the ONLY place that actor likeness is mentioned in the terms of service is under the foundry section.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/about/terms

It says you cannot re-create actor likenesses in your foundry missions. Since actor likeness is NOT mentioned anywhere else in the terms of service, there is no rule saying you cannot make your personal character or bridge officers to look like actors or characters from the show.

To answer the second question, see these pics:

s4s3ugd.jpg

3L54p1x.jpg

2MI8qJ2.jpg

esnjg4G.jpg

Of course I have all the other crew members too ;)
  • Options
    binebanebinebane Member Posts: 557 Arc User
    no... just no...
    spock is a bit better... but only because of proper haircut and ears.
  • Options
    tunicate515#4416 tunicate515 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    To answer the second question, see these pics:

Those are actually pretty darn good.
    Of course I have all the other crew members too ;)

Ok then, how about Lorca? Jason Isaacs has a pretty unique face.

• Options
    stobot#7771 stobot Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    Ok then, how about Lorca? Jason Isaacs has a pretty unique face.

There isn't a great version of his hair in game, but I'm working with these 2:

lVjCqiG.jpg

CJxKUSf.jpg
  • Options
    where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    @stobot#7771 Wow...with the tools in this program that you have to work with....all of these are very nicely done! :)
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,263 Arc User
    Should be noted that "human" species customization might have better tools for this that said, while it's only explictly mentioned in the Foundry section it is still technically speaking not ok to intentionally replicate an actor's likeness as the rights to an actors likeness belong to the actor himself/herself and thus this is at best in a very dark grey area and at worst a violation of the rules.