Options

Alert, griefer waits at race officer

2»

Comments

• Options
    starcruiser#3423 starcruiser Member Posts: 1,201 Arc User
    storules wrote: »
    warpangel wrote: »
    Old news, been that way for years, they ain't fixing it.

I just love it when people talk about the same stuff year after year after year....

Shows how old we are spending time in STO and it always the same logical solution...just change maps.

Dont' expect anything from Devs. Heck some of the maps in STO have been broken since game launch in beta.

Defera maps have been broken forever but yeah best thing is always to just change maps. Easy solution.​​
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Zeroes and Ones? Are they writing this game in Assembler? No wonder they can't fix stuff. :)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    ironmakoironmako Member Posts: 770 Arc User
    wylonus wrote: »

anyone been griefing lately just by taunting and repeatly get bump off, also been snowballed on tracks when there was no snowmen fight not up yet.

anyone been stop by grief-play recently, by same "dirty players"?

But receiving a snowball hit gives you a speed boost, even says so in the description of the snowball, so if you are getting hit by running on the track, that is your fellow players offering you a helping hand.

Personally i'm happy with speed boosts in a race, so i'm happy to be hit by snowballs.

• Options
    emarosa26emarosa26 Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    I didn't realise this was actually a thing. I think I've accidentally been bumping people out of their race.
  • Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    I do my races so early in the morning that there's usually no one else at the race start with me. Or if there is I'll wait for them to signal so I don't accidentally bump them.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Yeah, it's very rare for there to BE a line. But now that I think about it, the longest lines were back when it was a character unlock.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    mirai222mirai222 Member Posts: 337 Arc User
    If I see any other players around the race officer, I change instances. I've been disqualified too many times to compete to get in.
  • Options
    thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    edited December 2017
    Never had this happen to me.

But hey, OP, thanks for letting the griefer know he/she got to someone. By providing him/her with public confirmation of his/her success, you have ensured whomever it is will now double down on their efforts to do this kind of thing more often. Your tattling here on the forums, instead of a quiet PM to BMR or Ambassador Kael, draws public attention to how virtuous you are as well. Further, the discussions in this thread have shown me EXACTLY how to accomplish such a thing if I had a mind to. Nice job, kids. But when you shoot yourself in the other foot, remember the pointy end of the bullet goes in first. Never a bad situation which cannot be made far worse by the actions of some "do-gooder".

Can everyone please stop the troll feeding?
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    Yeah, it's very rare for there to BE a line. But now that I think about it, the longest lines were back when it was a character unlock.
    Right. In 2012, before the bug, the only way to get in the race at all was to join the amorphous mass of bodies clustered around the officer and mash 'F' until you got lucky. Or switch to a near-empty instance if there was one.

In 2013 when the bug first appeared, there was very much care needed to get in. There was much DQ's, on purpose or by accident and while many players were aware of it and considerate enough to take care to wait their turn and not DQ others, many weren't and the only way to be sure you didn't get DQ'd was to DQ someone yourself. Or switch to a near-empty instance if there was one. They really should've fixed it right back then.

Now, so few people running the race I totally get they don't want to waste time fixing it anymore.
  • Options
    killer1986chriskiller1986chris Member Posts: 382 Arc User
    Never had this happen to me.

But hey, OP, thanks for letting the griefer know he/she got to someone. By providing him/her with public confirmation of his/her success, you have ensured whomever it is will now double down on their efforts to do this kind of thing more often. Your tattling here on the forums, instead of a quiet PM to BMR or Ambassador Kael, draws public attention to how virtuous you are as well. Further, the discussions in this thread have shown me EXACTLY how to accomplish such a thing if I had a mind to. Nice job, kids. But when you shoot yourself in the other foot, remember the pointy end of the bullet goes in first. Never a bad situation which cannot be made far worse by the actions of some "do-gooder".

Can everyone please stop the troll feeding?

I know for certain I FULLY intend on causing crying with this.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    edited December 2017
    From what I can tell from some of the responses to this Thread the classic 'Twilight Zone' episode 'And When the Sky Was Opened' seems to have some applicability.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/And_When_the_Sky_Was_Opened
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    Right. In 2012, before the bug, the only way to get in the race at all was to join the amorphous mass of bodies clustered around the officer and mash 'F' until you got lucky. Or switch to a near-empty instance if there was one.

In 2013 when the bug first appeared, there was very much care needed to get in. There was much DQ's, on purpose or by accident and while many players were aware of it and considerate enough to take care to wait their turn and not DQ others, many weren't and the only way to be sure you didn't get DQ'd was to DQ someone yourself. Or switch to a near-empty instance if there was one. They really should've fixed it right back then.

Now, so few people running the race I totally get they don't want to waste time fixing it anymore.
    The only reason it was so busy before was that there was almost nothing else to do. Well, that and back when the ships were single objects and not account unlocks, people used to have every character do it every day. Now people prob don't do it one more than one.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options

The only reason it was so busy before was that there was almost nothing else to do. Well, that and back when the ships were single objects and not account unlocks, people used to have every character do it every day. Now people prob don't do it one more than one.
    There was just as much other things to do as there are now. That is, the ship race, the epohh race and ornament farming. The schedule has always been full time, one event ends the next starts. The ornament farming portion of the schedule has just been divided into increasingly many activities in subsequent years.

The account-unlock ships coupled with removal of the old ship projects and prevention of spare token accumulation are the key changes why the ship race is now less played.
  • Options

There was just as much other things to do as there are now. That is, the ship race, the epohh race and ornament farming. The schedule has always been full time, one event ends the next starts. The ornament farming portion of the schedule has just been divided into increasingly many activities in subsequent years.

The account-unlock ships coupled with removal of the old ship projects and prevention of spare token accumulation are the key changes why the ship race is now less played.
    You're new here aren't you? :p Winter event V1 had two actual activities. Doffing(for trinkets) and the daily race(for a lootbox with a tiny chance at a Bugship). Also back then frosted boots were a temporary device, and all trinkets were CBoP. IIRC Snowman hunter wasn't added until V2. That was when the race was the absolute busiest since it was about the only thing to do. V2 is when it switched to collecting tokens for a ship(Chel Grett). But you are right in that the PvE stayed busy until they made it so you couldn't slot old ship projects.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options

You're new here aren't you? :p Winter event V1 had two actual activities. Doffing(for trinkets) and the daily race(for a lootbox with a tiny chance at a Bugship). Also back then frosted boots were a temporary device, and all trinkets were CBoP. IIRC Snowman hunter wasn't added until V2. That was when the race was the absolute busiest since it was about the only thing to do. V2 is when it switched to collecting tokens for a ship(Chel Grett). But you are right in that the PvE stayed busy until they made it so you couldn't slot old ship projects.
    That was before F2P, so yes, I'm "new." :D Only played Wonderland since 2012.