Install Arc
Options

So what is the deal with "Space Command"

tunicate515#4416 tunicate515 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
They had a kickstarter back in 2012 and got funded:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/58936338/space-command

But...they never made a movie or anything? Now they are doing another one:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/58936338/space-command-redemption

What is the deal with this group? How are you even allowed to do another kickstarter after not making your first project?

Comments

• Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    It seems they are basically constantly running out of money and finding new ways to complete the film.
    They clearly have been doing some progress, and they clearly outline what it's for, but it still feels sketchy.

I don't know if there is a genuine feature creep going on (kinda like Star Citizen?), but it seems obvious that 250,000 US $ is not even remotely sufficient to finance a decent looking modern Sci-FI movie.

Unfortunately, from what I've seen, the (space) CGI looks great, but anything involving the actors less so. It seems campy. I did support the first kickstarter,not convinced it could work, and being not convinced it could work, I don't really intent to spend any further money on it.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    lordrezeonlordrezeon Member Posts: 399 Arc User
    I've seen some of their trailers and promos. It seems like they have some experienced writers and actors on board, but I'm not so sure on the production side. It might simply be the case that they are in over their heads when it comes to the nuts and bolts of directing and producing a film.
  • Options
    silverlobes#2676 silverlobes Member Posts: 1,953 Arc User
    "So what is the deal with Space Command?"

Space Command, is a way for a guy who used to write for Star Trek, to travel the world on everyone else's dime, acting like a Producer, while never actually releasing any work. Pretty sweet gig :sunglasses:

Apathy and sarcasm aside, the premise looked amazing, and I would love to see the project released, but I doubt that will happen any time in the near future (if ever)

My prediction, is that we'll have Discovery Klingons in-game (and the ability to wear bathing suits during regular missions) before Space Command is actually completed and released...
    "I fight for the Users!" - Tron

"I was here before you, I will be here after you are gone. I am here, regardless of your acknowledgement or acceptance..." - The Truth