test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Is the Vesta the best looking and most awesome ship in the game?

fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 5,034 Arc User

Is the Vesta the best looking and most awesome ship in the game? 76 votes

Yes, to both
15%
tls1970garaks31kurumimorishitaisthissciencecrm14916damainxlegendaryblademneme0madslater12avoozuulfleetcaptain5#1134graywolf#6802 12 votes
No, to both
81%
nightkenikonn#1068coldnapalmsteinbergssbn655berginsalexraptorrbaddmoonrizinxxxhellspawnyxxxmattjohnsonvadracounguisrandom909lordsteve1zarato4218bloodyrizwhere2r1kodachikunoazrael605odinforever20000arliekkos 62 votes
It is only the best looking ship
2%
theraven2378natureyouscary 2 votes
It is only the most awesome ship
0%

Comments

• fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 5,034 Arc User
    Yes, to both
    I got inspired by the Science cruiser request thread. And my love for the Vesta is also partly to thank/blame (choose whichever you like) for this thread.
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,213 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    Yes, to both
    I like the T6 variants for their console set and powers, but I like the T5 variants for their designs and slipstream console set bonus.

The tactical variant of the T6 Vesta was the first science ship I used on a tactical toon.
    Post edited by avoozuul on
    I stream on Twitch, look for Avoozl_
    Yes, to both
    avoozuul wrote: »
    I like the T6 version for its console set and powers, but I like the T5 version for it's design and slipstream console set bonus.

The tactical variant of the T6 Vesta was the first science ship I used on a tac toon.

You have an excellent taste when it comes to virtual starships, dear sir or madam :)
    edited November 2017
    Yes, to both
    Re-reading the title I realize you meant best ship in general, I thought it said best science ship but oh well.
  • seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    No, to both
    Beauty lies in the eye of the beholder and oh boy does it have many eyes.
    Beholder_2E.jpg

Srsly though, both are highly subjective and don't have a right or wrong anwser.
  • steaensteaen Member Posts: 646 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    No, to both
    I own both the T5 and T6 Vesta packs and, while I do like how they look and perform, I don't consider them to even be the best-looking or performing science ships in the game, far less the best overall ships.
  • ussvaliant#6064 ussvaliant Member Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    Personally I think both performance wise and looks they are meh. Far better looking ships in game, but each to their own I guess.

maR4zDV.jpg

Hello rubber banding my old friend, time to bounce around the battlezone again, where are all my bug reports going?, out of love with this game I am falling, As Cryptic fail to acknowledge a problem exists, Shakes an angry fist, And from Support all I'm hearing are the sounds of silence.
  • saber1973asaber1973a Member Posts: 1,225 Arc User
    No, to both
    Actually most awesome and best looking ships are from RD Promotions and Lockboxes.
    Still, the T6 variants with both console sets are one (or three) mean ships... if you compare them with other Zen store ships...
  • soullessraptorsoullessraptor Member Posts: 353 Arc User
    No, to both
    They're not BAD, per se, but there are definitely cooler ships for looks (Scimitar-Class, Acheros-Class, etc), and generally more powerful ones out there.
  • jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    No, to both
    They're overly smooth, featureless lumps with nacelles glued onto them.
    edited November 2017
    Yes, to both
    While you wouldn't really say the look the best they are still one of the better looking ships in the game, not one of the worst nor in between.
    No, to both
    azrael605 wrote: »
    > @soullessraptor said:
    > They're not BAD, per se, but there are definitely cooler ships for looks (Scimitar-Class, Acheros-Class, etc), and generally more powerful ones out there.

Scimitard is quite possibly the ugliest Trek ship of all time.

Base model isn't super pretty, but when you work with the T6s, you can make a very, VERY cool beast.
    edited November 2017
    Yes, to both
    > @avoozuul said:
    > While you wouldn't really say the look the best they are still one of the better looking ships in the game, not one of the worst nor in between.

I disagree.
    I've always heard people say how good they look, and I really can't disagree with them. :)

But I do mean the T5 skins btw.

I do wish I could remove my vote since it's not at all what I actually think.
    No, to both
    > @soullessraptor said:
    > azrael605 wrote: »
    >
    > > @soullessraptor said:
    > > They're not BAD, per se, but there are definitely cooler ships for looks (Scimitar-Class, Acheros-Class, etc), and generally more powerful ones out there.
    >
    > Scimitard is quite possibly the ugliest Trek ship of all time.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Base model isn't super pretty, but when you work with the T6s, you can make a very, VERY cool beast.

I have hated the Scim since the very first time I saw it on screen in Nemesis. Nothing had changed that opinion.

Have you seen the beauty of the Flambard, Khopesh, and Shamsir? MUCH prettier 'Birds, and the kitbash is nice
  • spacecatz#6038 spacecatz Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    No, to both
    The Vesta was proof on how STO make the new z-store ships uglier and fuglier.
    While it is obviously not the best looking nor the best performing ship I really have to disagree with you on it being fugly as far as the T5 variants are concerned, there's plenty of worse looking ships out there and the T5 Vesta is in no way one of them.

• nixie50nixie50 Member Posts: 1,317 Arc User
    No, to both
    Nope. the Temporal Light Cruiser is the best most gorgeous ship in the game, and the Tholian recluse one of the best jack of all trades in the game.
    u7acy6aymfw7.gif
    We Need BERETS in the tailor
  • alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,413 Arc User
    > @soullessraptor said:
    >
    > > They're not BAD, per se, but there are definitely cooler ships for looks (Scimitar-Class, Acheros-Class, etc), and generally more powerful ones out there.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Base model isn't super pretty, but when you work with the T6s, you can make a very, VERY cool beast.

I have hated the Scim since the very first time I saw it on screen in Nemesis. Nothing had changed that opinion.

Have you seen the beauty of the Flambard, Khopesh, and Shamsir? MUCH prettier 'Birds, and the kitbash is nice

To me the only thing better than a canon Scimitar is Cryptic's Tulwar. I don't like the T6 Scimitar skins, although kitbashing with all 6 can be fun.

Vestas are among my favorite ship models, alongside so many others, canon and Cryptic designs alike. I can't say they are the best since that would imply others are somehow lesser when they are just as good in their own unique way.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
    No, to both
    > @soullessraptor said:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

To me the only thing better than a canon Scimitar is Cryptic's Tulwar. I don't like the T6 Scimitar skins, although kitbashing with all 6 can be fun.

Vestas are among my favorite ship models, alongside so many others, canon and Cryptic designs alike. I can't say they are the best since that would imply others are somehow lesser when they are just as good in their own unique way.

Well, there are some that I would call "lesser", if only in the aesthetics and creativity department. (Looking at you, APU Cruiser and Lukari N'kamm)
  • tyler002tyler002 Member Posts: 1,586 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    No, to both
    You didn't spell Galaxy properly.
    tumblr_p7auh1JPC61qfr6udo4_500.gif
  • alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,413 Arc User
    Lesser and Lukari Flying Saucer is a grave typo. It is the closest vessel to that piloted by our alien overlords and saviors, next to the Lukari triangular craft. We must beg for Vanu's forgiveness and to tirelessly proceed to enlighten the rest of the galaxy.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    No, to both
    tyler002 wrote: »
    You didn't spell Galaxy properly.

You forgot to add the -X.
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • storulesstorules Member Posts: 3,257 Arc User
    No, to both
    Vesta....

6c5a0163db75732b57d99b551a90e96b.jpg​​
    tumblr_ncbngkt24X1ry46hlo1_400.gif
  • nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    No, to both
    I've always found it hideous. I have the original T5 pack and even when I kitbash I can't come up with anything I like.
    Tza0PEl.png
  • ironmakoironmako Member Posts: 770 Arc User
    No, to both
    The Vesta looks like someones glued 2 pen lids onto a baby spoon. The Scimitar looks the most intimidating, even Worf poped his pants and went to raise the shields the second it decloaked. The best looking Canon ship for me is the D'kora, the best looking non-canon in the game has to go to the Fed Tactical Command Cruiser or the Jupiter IMO.
  • spacecatz#6038 spacecatz Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    No, to both
    Pretty sure Voyager looks more like a spoon. Also I completely disagree with that fat bloated thing the Jupiter looking better than the Vesta.
  • vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,903 Arc User
    Sorry, the best looking ship in the game looks like this :
    513nuq.jpg
    sig.jpg
  • alexraptorralexraptorr Member Posts: 1,192 Arc User
    No, to both
    No way, the Wells is so much more awesome in both looks and performance.
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid." - Q
  • natureyouscarynatureyouscary Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    It is only the best looking ship
    I enjoy it's look but find there are better sci options and better carrier options if you want pets. I mean I'd rather use a T5-U Wells over a T6 vesta
    Yes, to both
    I am surprised that about 16% of those who voted, voted for the first option. Never expected that, but it shows that, generally, we have a good taste when it comes to ships and their looks :p
  • nimbullnimbull Member Posts: 1,564 Arc User
    No, to both
    Any original series ship beats the Vesta in awesome factor.

TOS Starfleet ships - Looks
    TOS Romulan - Original Red Ball of Death Goodness
    TOS Klingon D7's - Original bad asses.
    Green people don't have to be.... little.