test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Federation Diplo Commendation BOff vs Alienware Orion Science BOff

So, I got the Orion Science BOff from the Alienware Promo Giveaway. Opened it on my new Ferengi Captain. Someone verified that they could open the Promo BOff even though they had the Diplo BOff from the Level 4 Commendation. Thing is, nobody verified that you can claim the Diplo BOff if you've opened the Promo BOff. Having reached T4 Diplo Commendation, I've now found I cannot claim the Diplo BOff.

I suspect I can claim the Diplo BOff if I dismiss the Promo BOff, but I'm pretty sure I can't reclaim the Promo BOff. Can anyone verify this? If I'm wrong, this is the simple solution. If I'm right, has anyone got any ideas?

Thanks.
"Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock

Comments

• Options
    disqord#9557 disqord Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    Just to be sure, do you have space in your inventory, space in your officer reserve, space on your ship, have actually unlocked the diplomacy BOff, and haven't already gotten a different diplomacy officer in your roster or reserve or bank or inventory?
  • Options
    berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    Just to be sure, do you have space in your inventory, space in your officer reserve, space on your ship, have actually unlocked the diplomacy BOff, and haven't already gotten a different diplomacy officer in your roster or reserve or bank or inventory?

Just to be sure, do you have space in your inventory?: Yes
    ...space in your officer reserve?: Yes
    ...space on your ship?: What? BOff slots? Yes, I bought a pair in anticipation of completing T4 Diplo.
    ...have actually unlocked the diplomacy BOff? Yes.
    ...and haven't already gotten a different diplomacy officer in your roster or reserve or bank or inventory? That, I think, is my issue. I claimed the Alienware Arena Orion Sci BOff on the captain in question, and I believe it is tagged as a Diplo BOff in the system. Other than the Alienware Promo BOff, I have no Diplomacy BOffs on this character.
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    Sounds like the type of mess Cryptic would do to players. I guess you can open a ticket or just decide which boff you prefer. (But I'd almost bet if you dismiss the Sci Orion you'll still not be able to get the Diplo one) I suggest transferring your toon to Tribble and test it out there first.
  • Options
    Sounds like the type of mess Cryptic would do to players. I guess you can open a ticket or just decide which boff you prefer. (But I'd almost bet if you dismiss the Sci Orion you'll still not be able to get the Diplo one) I suggest transferring your toon to Tribble and test it out there first.

I've opened a ticket, got an initial response asking for additional details, and am waiting to see if this can be resolved. Really, if it can be confirmed that I can reclaim the Promo BOff if I dismiss her, this is an easy fix. I can't test that on Tribble though, as the C-Store is disabled there, and that's where you claim the Promo BOff.

Meanwhile, I suppose if I were to have to choose, I might have to go with dismissing the Orion. The captain in question is a Ferengi, and the entire crew are made up of "Mercenary Races" so having a Nausicaan bodyguard is both more logical than an Orion Slavegirl and harder to duplicate as an alien. Plus, if customer service can't help me, there's always the off chance that the Promo BOff actually IS reclaimable. I think I'll wait to see if they think one of these options will work, or if they have a 3rd fix...
  • Options
    tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    are the traits the same? I passed on my orion sci cause she didnt have Sup Creative... imo any and all sci officers should be required to have Sup Creative.
  • Options
    So, my hope for a simple solution had been dashed, CS confirmed that the Promo BOff not reclaimable. Then, a CS survey. Hey, that was the easy, I'll fix it myself, solution. There's no other way this can be fixed? At least saying so would make me happier than a half-answer.

Meanwhile, I was opening some lockboxes, etc, on a low level toon and managed to fat-finger my way into opening a Tuffli accidentally. I'm pretty sure I'm SOL on this one...
  • Options
    salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    tigeraries wrote: »
    are the traits the same? I passed on my orion sci cause she didnt have Sup Creative... imo any and all sci officers should be required to have Sup Creative.

IMO, BOFF ground traits don't matter. Lots of people have the same opinion. The point of running the diplo boff as a FED is to have a 2nd pirate boff along with the "potato head." If you're using the Orion, generally speaking, you're doing it wrong. Besides, you can always have a different boff for ground purposes if you're really worried about their ground traits.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    tigeraries wrote: »

IMO, BOFF ground traits don't matter. Lots of people have the same opinion. The point of running the diplo boff as a FED is to have a 2nd pirate boff along with the "potato head." If you're using the Orion, generally speaking, you're doing it wrong. Besides, you can always have a different boff for ground purposes if you're really worried about their ground traits.
    Only reason to get an orion is the race-discriminating metal bikinis, there's literally nothing else special about the boff.

For green skin, an alien works just as well.
  • Options
    tyler002tyler002 Member Posts: 1,586 Arc User
    Alien works for green skin, alien does not work for Seduce/Seductive.
    tumblr_p7auh1JPC61qfr6udo4_500.gif
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    tyler002 wrote: »
    Alien works for green skin, alien does not work for Seduce/Seductive.
    Which does...something? That someone cares about?