test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PC]The Mirror Universe Invades Star Trek Online!

Comments

• where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    And I will stay out of MI Event since it is not a good way to get Mastery on my Pilot Raptors, anyways. It is actually faster when I am alone. Have fun with the AFKers, Jcsww. :)
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • scififan78scififan78 Member Posts: 1,383 Arc User
    They need to cap the number of portals that spawn at any given time. Too many portals makes it impossible to keep up. Thanks for the account unlock though. I am doing this on five toons just for the dilithium and marks. Lvl60 only.
  • yorethelyorethel Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    Hows about they revamp this PoS Mirror event to stop all the afking. Just slow the spawn rate down a little on advanced as it's insane atm and make it that if the station dies thats it mission failed and you get diddly squat, that would make people actually start working and doing the event as it's meant to be.

This year I'm doing this event on only 4 of my 10 toons (I have 6 fed 4 KDF ), last year I only did my 6 feds and it was painful enough with all the afking going on. if unchanged again next year I won't be doing it and by unchanged I mean the event not the rewards. Cryptic need to start putting some effort into these rethinking these events and the rewards instead of rehashing only the rewards.

I've played since closed beta and bought a lifetime sub a while back and yes I've enjoyed STO for ages but it's getting so boring now with the people who enter events but cannot be bothered to actually do them, it makes the event harder for those who do want to work through it. I feel like STO is caught in a temporal loop where only slight changes happen. It's gotten to a point now where I play one hour of STO to do needed fleet stuff and can't wait to get off and play something else. Given the current state of the game it feels like Cryptic just don't care anymore about STO and that's certainly not a way to keep current customers let alone attract new ones.
  • burstorionburstorion Member Posts: 1,750 Arc User
    >Ally aggros, you close rift..

>Faw/spread/other aoe spam!

>One beam plinks off your shield removing a few hundred hp - your sci officer in turn flying over his/her exploding console as some dumb Scotty wannabe hooked the shield energy dump eps conduit behind their stations screen, hitting the 'purge closing progress' button by accident as they fly across the bridge

>You begin portal closing again, cursing each time a faw not aimed at you hits - meanwhile more portals stack up and while you are getting inadvertantly fawslapped, more ships spawn in the portal you are closing...

..can I do the long Breach with no shortcuts please?!?

Theres no justification for that, either make the portal closing unbreakable (or heck, make closing stop only when x% hp is lost if you need the artificial difficulty) or aoe only stops the rift closing if you are the primary (aggroed) target

Its timegated already so throw us a bone to let us keep our sanity (as to the aggro mechanic where mobs on that map 70km away suddenly treat you as enemy #1 meaning the second you fire on a mob, you become a phaser magnet..that could do with a review too)
    edited November 2017
    burstorion wrote: »

Its timegated already so throw us a bone to let us keep our sanity (as to the aggro mechanic where mobs on that map 70km away suddenly treat you as enemy #1 meaning the second you fire on a mob, you become a phaser magnet..that could do with a review too)

So you too noticed the random marauding bands of frigates that seem to make a b line for you instead of the station from over 10km away. That's certainly something that needs adding to the list to fix. Ideally I'd like to see the closing being unbreakable that would give us a fighting chance at closing all the rifts whilst maintaining control on ship numbers.
  • burstorionburstorion Member Posts: 1,750 Arc User
    Forgot another 'wonderful' feature - the starbases magnetometric pulse - There you are, on the outskirt, closing rifts/firing up generators when..

Pulse!

"...Oh hello little ship! We were attacking the starbase but as you're closer.."

FAW!
  • lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    The worst aspect of the pulse is when you line up a killer AOE attack on a wave of ships and just as you hit fire the pulse slams the whole lot out of range of your attack, rendering it useless.
    SulMatuul.png
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    And even the Terran Danube fighters can break your close/power up. Yeah, OK...
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • paddy#3322 paddy Member Posts: 203 Arc User
    Just to add one more issue: if you do manage to kill the spawning mobs of baddies and start to actually close the rift, one of their exploding warp cores will always interrupt you when you're halfway done.

Overall I don't actually mind the grind for my new alt because of the mark potential but tbh the afk problem gets annoying. My last run only two of us were fighting and yes, I get it, they were waiting for the dreadnought. It just doesn't seem very Star Trek when the team plays like that, if that even makes sense. Regardless, account unlock equals Cryptic listening to the fan base so all good.
    RIP (2022) : Officer Wilbert Mota, Corporal Charles Galloway, Detective Jason Rivera, Officer Fernando
    Arroyos, Officer John Painter, K9 Jedi, K9 Maya, Deputy Constable Neil Adams, Officer Jorge
    David Alvarado, Sergeant Joshua Cordell, Trooper Martin Mack, Trooper Branden Sisca,
    Lieutenant William Lebo
    I personally enjoy a good fight, it is after all why i built a ship in the first place.

Why bother having a ship capable of fighting if you're gonna shy away from fighting with it. Who cares if there is a timer, the clash of battle should be reward enough!
    Only cowards would hide away in the depths of space when there is a fight to be had.....
    SulMatuul.png
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    You want Marks, do 'Atmospheric Assault' Advanced during the Shuttle Event. You'll get Marks.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • rickpaaarickpaaa Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    This event is much more aggressive than past events, and is pretty much a no-win on normal. You will never not get overwhelmed, and the station will never not get knocked offline. I am doing it only on one captain, then I find something that's actually fun to do.
    giphy.gif
    Member since December 2009

• rickpaaarickpaaa Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    lordsteve1 wrote: »
    I personally enjoy a good fight, it is after all why i built a ship in the first place.

Why bother having a ship capable of fighting if you're gonna shy away from fighting with it. Who cares if there is a timer, the clash of battle should be reward enough!
    Only cowards would hide away in the depths of space when there is a fight to be had.....

Might as well fight because the portals will not be denied. :wink:

giphy.gif
    Member since December 2009

ltminns wrote: »
    You want Marks, do 'Atmospheric Assault' Advanced during the Shuttle Event. You'll get Marks.

Atmospheric assault isn't on atm and won't be for a while, this is about the mirror Invasion event. I have this to say in response to the afkers if you don't want to work, don't do the event! in fact don't play the game at all, we'll not miss you guys since most of you are in free ships no doubt gained by doing as little as possible in other events and probably don't spend any money in game anyway, meanwhile those of us who purchased ships/subs/life subs who actually bother playing the game want Cryptic to get off their asses and do something about the people who are detracting from our playing experience, not too much to ask considering we are PAYING customers!
  • gothkid1972gothkid1972 Member Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited November 2017

Not realistic enough. In the RR and KDF, the toon would be immediately executed (with loss of all stuffz). A Starfleet officer would be stripped of all rank, all stuffz would be confiscated and they would be "awarded" a special nerfed version of the Tuffli to begin their new career as a civilian tramp freighter captain. Additionally, they would not be able to use Fed social spaces such as ESD, K-7, Fed Fleet starbase, K-13....all they could use is social spaces avail to all factions such as Risa, Drozana, the New Romulus staging area, and the space for LTS holders. Since they were forced out of Starfleet in disgrace, they will not be able to proceed any further on the story line, either, except for missions that came from Drake.

Now this...this would be cool as an option...Just make it a random chance for Rommie/Klingon to escape...and it would be an AWESOME new faction...

Allow only the non-faction specific ships...

Yes...this has potential...
  • theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,985 Arc User
    The constant interrupts when closing rifts is a pain in the ......
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • galattgalatt Member Posts: 707 Arc User
      Okay, so it's not me. This is harder than last time. I was so used to just unloading on a cruiser and watching it go boom. Now I have to chase it around awhile to kill it all the while getting shot to hell by his friends. I don't mind more ships or tougher ships, but not both
      sig_picture_resize_by_gx_9901-db9d1v1.png
    • tilartatilarta Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
      Are we certain the dual pistols are an account unlock?
      A fleetmate completed the assignment and then tried to claim them on another character, but were unable to.
      I'm only doing this on one character, I don't have the patience or time to do it all on five.
      If you are wondering how the pistols were acquired early, this fleetmate saves tokens from prior events for the next one.

There are really players voting for a hardcore permadeath playmode? :s:#
      Let me guess, they would also want it to be mandatory!

It would take all the fun out of STO if that was to be implemented.
      Considering the amount of time/resources invested in a single character, if they could be erased due to a simple loss in battle, the game would end up unplayable within a month!
      Sounds like an active campaign to sabotage the game.......

Bees like honey, they don't like vinegar.
      Everytime someone makes a character that is an copy of an existing superhuman, Creativity is sad :'(
    • ffttfftt Member Posts: 715 Arc User
      tilarta wrote: »
      Are we certain the dual pistols are an account unlock?
      A fleetmate completed the assignment and then tried to claim them on another character, but were unable to.
      I'm only doing this on one character, I don't have the patience or time to do it all on five.
      If you are wondering how the pistols were acquired early, this fleetmate saves tokens from prior events for the next one.

There are really players voting for a hardcore permadeath playmode? :s:#
      Let me guess, they would also want it to be mandatory!

It would take all the fun out of STO if that was to be implemented.
      Considering the amount of time/resources invested in a single character, if they could be erased due to a simple loss in battle, the game would end up unplayable within a month!
      Sounds like an active campaign to sabotage the game.......

Does he know where to reclaim them?

That would have been a no. Rather than put the phasers in the event store (where all the event stuff is) they put it in the dilithium reclaim store. I hadn't bothered checking there too closely since the only character who would technically be 'reclaiming' the reward already had it.
      edited November 2017
      Yeah the KBM event is much worse than this one I reckon. It’s nothing like the original canon scenario, nor is it like the much loved “tower defence” style of the original No Win Scenario.
      Making the DISABLED ship fly round the map is not challenging or hardcore, it’s just stupid and illogical.
      SulMatuul.png
    • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
      dual pistols... ground gear which I would never use. But at least it's an account unlock. So I can
      ltminns wrote: »

I hate that mission when doing the storyline... made me hate shuttle combat... it's more about zerg and blow up and rinse repeat... wish shuttle combat was more like a fighter combat simulator instead.
    • hfmuddhfmudd Member Posts: 881 Arc User
      edited November 2017
      There does not seem to be any sort of "bonus" event after completing the main project this time. I have already completed the event on one character (with the aid of some transporters left over from the previous one), and then did it once more (and received another token), to find that there is no bonus project to be slotted in the Events tab, no 'Use' option on the token itself...

If this is working as intended, there is no reason to continue doing mirror runs, on any character, after acquiring enough tokens to fill the project.
      Maybe it's just me always ending up in teams that aren't capable of defending the base properly, but I always see the health drop to 0.
      Today it did so three times over.

I'm not sure how this is prevented and I'm kindof busy at the time, so I can't watch the entire map to find out why this is happening.
      But my theory is that if someone zips around closing the portals as they appear, then this limits the amount of attackers that can appear and thus, prevent their numbers from becoming overwhelming.
      From what I can see, it looks like the team is just guarding the base instead of moving around the map, trying to fight off forces that are incrementally increasing every 3 minutes or so.

In each time that the base health dropped to zero, the enemy forces were so numerous, it was near impossible to fight them all.

Also, I'm suspicious about the amount of damage output they have.
      I did it on Advanced difficulty for the first few days, then switched to doing it on Normal.
      I didn't notice any difference in combat difficulty, aside from not having to use Components to repair my ship when defeated.

Everytime someone makes a character that is an copy of an existing superhuman, Creativity is sad :'(
    • circeseye1circeseye1 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
      well since the event started i have been doing it with 2 toons. and last night was the first time i had a player afk all through it.
      one other thing ive noticed, im doing advanced and i have to repair my ship if i blow up after getting rat packed. never had to do that on other advanced pve matches.
    • iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
      circeseye1 wrote: »
      one other thing ive noticed, im doing advanced and i have to repair my ship if i blow up after getting rat packed. never had to do that on other advanced pve matches.

Then you've been lucky.

Being defeated in Advanced or Elite content has a chance at causing injuries to your Captain or damage to your ship. It's nothing new but it is something that some folks would like to see gone from the game.

Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
      There have been times when I haven't needed to repair my ship after getting defeated.
      And this has happened in all queues, not just this one.
      While it doesn't happen often and is a rare occurrence, I've noticed it enough to be aware that sometimes not needing to repair your ship is a possibility.