test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Breen Ground Set Speculation

Keeping in mind that it is not unknown for things being retroactively made part of a set (the Xyfius and Ryn'kodan consoles being a recent example), it occurs to me that we have 2 items that could easily be made into a 'Cryonic Assault' (for want of a better name) ground set:

Such a set would definitely include armor - polyalloy, I suspect - with bonus cold resistance; the set bonuses are wide open for speculation. Some possible examples:
  • cooldown reduction on all cryo-based weapons (CRM 200; the Nukara rep set weapons) and modules (endothermic induction field, cold fusion flash, etc.);
  • cryonic mortar bombardment (in the vein of the polaron bombardment kit module)

Comments

• Options
    ashstorm1ashstorm1 Member Posts: 679 Arc User
    That could be interesting to have.

Devs, take a hint for the next Q's Winter Wonderland here !
  • Options
    shadowfirefly00shadowfirefly00 Member Posts: 1,026 Arc User
    ashstorm1 wrote: »
    Devs, take a hint for the next Q's Winter Wonderland here !
    Well, there is precedent for that - the core for the Absolute Zero set was added on such an occasion - but the armor and/or kit could be shuffled into a revamped Defera/Breen arc. In fact, now that I think about it, such a retake would provide opportunity to add in a few other tidbits...
  • Options
    thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User
    Breen suit please :)
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    djf021djf021 Member Posts: 1,379 Arc User
    Keeping in mind that it is not unknown for things being retroactively made part of a set (the Xyfius and Ryn'kodan consoles being a recent example), it occurs to me that we have 2 items that could easily be made into a 'Cryonic Assault' (for want of a better name) ground set:

Such a set would definitely include armor - polyalloy, I suspect - with bonus cold resistance; the set bonuses are wide open for speculation. Some possible examples:
    • cooldown reduction on all cryo-based weapons (CRM 200; the Nukara rep set weapons) and modules (endothermic induction field, cold fusion flash, etc.);
    • cryonic mortar bombardment (in the vein of the polaron bombardment kit module)

Love this idea. Actually I find it strange that a shield "favored by the Breen" (Wiki) is given as a reward from "Vorgon Conclusions".
    C4117709-1498929112732780large.jpg

Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference.
    -Captain James T. Kirk
  • Options
    fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,789 Arc User
    If they want to do something unique, they could make it a weapon-weapon-personal shield set.

The second weapon (besides the CRM 200) could be a refrigerator. As a new melee weapon. The idea is fairly simple, our characters would be seen either pushing the refrigerator towards enemies or lifting it, and then throwing and smacking it on an enemy. Not unlike what the Gorn do with those rocks.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • Options
    Maybe they could go even further and add a special Boff as a reward. Make this Boff an android, and when he is on your team and the other pieces of the set are equipped, the refrigerator becomes a sentient being and starts swallowing enemies on its own.
    thay8472 wrote: »
    Breen suit please :)

Or just this. I'd be happy with that too.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • Options
    turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    Maybe as a revisit/expansion to the Breen/Deferi arc mission "Cold Comfort" with the discovery of the Breen renegades/defectors, we could get a mission that would give the third part of such a set. Or fourth; on further thought, they could make it a weapon/shield/armor set or go further and add a Kit Module or Kit Frame to make it a four-piece ground set (or both! for an unprecendented five pieces...)
    djf021 wrote: »

Love this idea. Actually I find it strange that a shield "favored by the Breen" (Wiki) is given as a reward from "Vorgon Conclusions".

Think that's because of the part of the mission at 2375 Earth with the Breen.
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • Options
    tremere12tremere12 Member Posts: 477 Arc User
    I've been wanting to wear a heavy TRIBBLE breen suit for years. Put this stuff in the lobi and i'll buy it.
  • Options
    berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    > @tremere12 said:
    > I've been wanting to wear a heavy **** breen suit for years. Put this stuff in the lobi and i'll buy it.

I think before people go shouting about how they'd pay for something, they should look at the past items that people have said the same thing, them look at what you end up having to pay when they actually release it.

T6 Connie and MACO Uniforms come to mind...
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • Options
    ashstorm1ashstorm1 Member Posts: 679 Arc User
    Also... Not entirely related to this, but i wish the special Breen and Reman BOFFs from the Feature Episodes would finally become permanently-available rewards. I've myself been lucky enough to collect them on about every toon that mattered to me so far, but they're so awesome that i wouldn't mind being able to grab them on all my alts.
  • Options
    bergins wrote: »
    > @tremere12 said:
    > I've been wanting to wear a heavy **** breen suit for years. Put this stuff in the lobi and i'll buy it.

I think before people go shouting about how they'd pay for something, they should look at the past items that people have said the same thing, them look at what you end up having to pay when they actually release it.

I'd just buy the armor for an unlocked visual really. I like big heavy armors, especially the ones that freeze to death.
  • Options
    tyler002tyler002 Member Posts: 1,586 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    Also... Not entirely related to this, but i wish the special Breen and Reman BOFFs from the Feature Episodes would finally become permanently-available rewards. I've myself been lucky enough to collect them on about every toon that mattered to me so far, but they're so awesome that i wouldn't mind being able to grab them on all my alts.

Same, they could go in the same reclaim store as the Sompek Lightning.
    tumblr_p7auh1JPC61qfr6udo4_500.gif
  • Options
    disqord#9557 disqord Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    djf021 wrote: »

Well, the mission took place during the Breen Invasion of Earth, which the Vorgons used as a cover for infiltrating Starfleet Headquarters. You did still fight the Breen, after all.
  • Options
    tremere12 wrote: »
    I've been wanting to wear a heavy **** breen suit for years. Put this stuff in the lobi and i'll buy it.
    No. The shaky in-universe rationale for the lobi store aside (that's a whole other discussion), we're talking about an episode reward set. Besides, as noted below...

Whoever thought millions of dilithium a reasonable price for a single-character aesthetic unlock is apparently not fully in touch with reality. Were the MACO battledress added to the Z-store at the normal outfit price, you'd see lots more people turning dil into Zen to get it.
  • Options

Agreed. They have kept the Kobali Boff in in Dust to Dust. That was a good decision, to keep it available at all times. Hopefully they can do the same with the Reman and the Breen.

Not that I personally care much about these Boffs, but I just dislike rewards being available for only a short period of time.

• Options
    Playable Breen, even better.
  • Options
    Well, the mission took place during the Breen Invasion of Earth, which the Vorgons used as a cover for infiltrating Starfleet Headquarters. You did still fight the Breen, after all.
    And since you bring it up, 2375 San Francisco would have been an interesting ground battlezone for the TDI rep...
  • Options
    trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    > @tremere12 said:

I'd just buy the armor for an unlocked visual really. I like big heavy armors, especially the ones that freeze to death.

You do realize. That the Breen suit is to provide the one wearing it with the radiation from their home world so they could live. So the one being froze to death is the one wearing it. The same with their ships.

The cold is a by-product of their home planets natural radiation.

The more you know.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • Options
    trennan wrote: »
    > @tremere12 said:

You do realize. That the Breen suit is to provide the one wearing it with the radiation from their home world so they could live. So the one being froze to death is the one wearing it. The same with their ships.

The more you know.

I know. But I still want the visual.
  • Options
    trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    trennan wrote: »
    > @tremere12 said:

The more you know.

I know. But I still want the visual.

Yeah, if you colored it all white. It would definitely give off that Tie Fighter pilot vibe.
    Mm5NeXy.gif