test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Visual Slot for weapons

jupwisejupwise Member Posts: 31 Arc User
Would it be possible to maybe introduce a visuals slot for weapons?

This would allow someone to have a unified setup of beams, cannons and/or torpedo's while still enabling someone to use special beam arrays.

Another use case would be someone having a damage type on his ship (e.g. Anti-Proton) but still wants the canon Phaser effects as federation

Comments

• Options
    casualstocasualsto Member Posts: 672 Arc User
    I'd vote for no. There is a logic in keeping color, vfx, sounds and damage types locked to their originals while creating variants from reputations or lockboxes.
  • Options
    pwstolemynamepwstolemyname Member Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    I vote for yes.

Logic is for week minds that dare not grasp at the true chaos which composes our reality.

Operation Space Barbie.

Step One:
    Visual slots for weapons.

Step Two:
    Space Barbie dream house complete with adorable Klingon Ken. Grand Nagus sold separately. May contain choking hazards, not appropriate for space captains 5 years or under.
  • Options
    disqord#9557 disqord Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    I don't see why not. People could use more of what they want (Like multiple unique set weapons) without looking like a rainbow mess in space.

And if the only selling point for a weapon is that it's coloured in a fancy way, it probably wouldn't be all that popular to begin with.
  • Options
    vatrekfan78#9092 vatrekfan78 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    I suggested the same thing a while back; but, the response I received was less than friendly.
  • Options
    foxman00foxman00 Member Posts: 1,481 Arc User
    @baddmoonrizin

Nerco Alert
    pjxgwS8.jpg
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,319 Community Moderator
    Necro. /Thread
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
This discussion has been closed.