test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Undine Infiltration [Elite] Que will AFK you for 2 HOURS!!

I was just in a Undine Infiltration [Elite] Q that popped while I was Qued. It had the mini-game to "Put out fires". NO ONE COULD PUT OUT THE FIRES. So we lost the Que. WHEN I GOT OUT, I GOT AN AFK PENALITY FOR 2 HOURS ?!?!?!?!? This is a MASSIVE glitch, and they should take the Que down. This is absolutely ridiculous!! I am mad as hell.

Comments

• Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    While I'm opposed to the so-called AFK system with it's overwhelmingly false positives, I do have to say if you queued for the Elite version without even knowing how to use a fire extinguisher, you definitely needed the time-out.

Unfortunately, coming here to whine about it is not the lesson you're supposed to learn from it.
  • Options
    lopequillopequil Member Posts: 1,226 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    The bug was reported here... a year ago.

@warpangel The fire extinguishers either don't work or can't be picked up and the Breen weapon no longer extinguishes the fires. Basically, if you happen to draw the fire optional objective then the mission can't be completed. At all.

I've just tried it and we were able to extinguish two fires on the map but the extinguisher had no effect when I tried it on others. The Breen weapon does not work either.
    Q9BWcdD.png
  • Options
    hungeringhungering Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    One thing to note: the engineering kit module Sabotage destroys the fires, but I still never actually completed UIE since the change as one person and a 30 second CD ability are not enough to take out all the fires.
  • Options
    ashstorm1ashstorm1 Member Posts: 679 Arc User
    warpangel wrote: »
    While I'm opposed to the so-called AFK system with it's overwhelmingly false positives, I do have to say if you queued for the Elite version without even knowing how to use a fire extinguisher, you definitely needed the time-out.

Unfortunately, coming here to whine about it is not the lesson you're supposed to learn from it.

I can confirm the fire extinguishers are bugged in Elite mode for this queue. The fires just can't be put out. The queue will just auto-fail when the timer runs out.
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    lopequil wrote: »
    The bug was reported here... a year ago.

@warpangel The fire extinguishers either don't work or can't be picked up and the Breen weapon no longer extinguishes the fires. Basically, if you happen to draw the fire optional objective then the mission can't be completed. At all.

I've just tried it and we were able to extinguish two fires on the map but the extinguisher had no effect when I tried it on others. The Breen weapon does not work either.
    I see. Haven't played it in ages myself.

That's the difference between a useful bug report and an angry rant. Thank you.
  • Options
    hoffy1hoffy1 Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    yup, bugs have been reported,
    reports got ignored per usual,
    queue dies off due to it being bugged,
    circle of STO life

used to be a nice queue, it has been missed.
    and yeah, just in case, in elite mode 'optional' is mandatory, it is an auto-fail if it is not done [but of course there are a few exceptions to make things a little more complicated]
  • Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    In before someone foolishly suggests halting development of new content so bugs can be fixed ...
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    Here is my bug report from roughly, lol no almost exactly a year ago.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/discussion/1224119/10-25-patch-seems-to-have-broken-undine-infiltration-and-into-the-hive

As a fun fact I got penalized due to this bug as well and that even though it was a private match in which such a thing should not be happening.
    In before someone foolishly suggests halting development of new content so bugs can be fixed ...

Being “in” before players with a different opinion post does not make yours right.

Given the quality of recent PvE maps I really beg to differ here. UIE was played in private runs quiet often. The new S14 maps on the other hand won’t survive the the season they were released in.

animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    It was a real shame when this happened to this mission. Despite the wrong answer trolls this was long my favorite ground elite. Just a really cool mission. I doubt that fixing the bug would bring it back to life since it's been so long.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    There was one problem where some troll was griefing this queue where they keep one of the npcs in conversation mode preventing the mission from moving forward.
    Post edited by avoozuul on
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,326 Community Moderator
    OP, if your issue is the same as the bug report linked in this thread, please post your findings in that thread to update the devs. Otherwise, please file your bug report in the Bug Report subforum for the appropriate platform. Thank you.

3ORCpoP.png
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
This discussion has been closed.