test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Colony Tier 1 ... why add useless grinding places?

geographusgeographus Member Posts: 48 Arc User
So far our fleet has upgraded Morale and Energy to Tier 1 and thus we now got the option to grind
e.g. Luxury Provisions on the new Beach Bar and Batteries on the Wind Turbines.

What bugs me is, that the new places are on the same cooldown. Why add another place to grind
when you can't get more Provisions out of it, especially if they both use the exact same mini-game?
Also they are basically next to each other, so you don't safe much time either. The additional Grinding
Spot for Batteries is even further away than the old one.

It makes no sense to me.

IMO each new grinding place should add to the number of provisions you can grind, otherwise there
is no point to add them to the game in the first place.

Comments

• Options
    lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    Yeah it makes little sense really. I would have thought each tier of the farming structure would have either increased the amount you could get per mission or allowed twice as many runs per cool down etc.

As it stands there is not really a purpose to these extra projects other than to complete the holding fully.
    SulMatuul.png
  • Options
    starcruiser#3423 starcruiser Member Posts: 1,201 Arc User
    To summarize....

anigif_enhanced-15869-1437964474-3.gif​​
  • Options
    anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    Those projects are what increases the automatic provision gathering, so that's the real point of them. I'm just treating the rest as non-functional scenery.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • Options
    kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    In theory, the new places are "closer" to the main base if you're walking on foot. In practice, however, it's still faster to surfboard to the original spots. (And regardless of how you're traveling, the new Ore location is vastly out of the way, since you still need to run down to the beach for Luxury provisions.)
  • Options
    trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    Why add useless grind?

So the players do something other than stand around on ESD and run ISA and CCA.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    geographus wrote: »
    So far our fleet has upgraded Morale and Energy to Tier 1 and thus we now got the option to grind
    e.g. Luxury Provisions on the new Beach Bar and Batteries on the Wind Turbines.

What bugs me is, that the new places are on the same cooldown. Why add another place to grind
    when you can't get more Provisions out of it, especially if they both use the exact same mini-game?
    Also they are basically next to each other, so you don't safe much time either. The additional Grinding
    Spot for Batteries is even further away than the old one.

It makes no sense to me.

IMO each new grinding place should add to the number of provisions you can grind, otherwise there
    is no point to add them to the game in the first place.

Give it time OP. If the provisions in Tier 1 pose an obstacle to you and your community its suffice to say that you won’t be able to keep up with Dil demands around Tier 2. If a fleet can’t auto collection steps in and you drown in provisions in no time. In short you don’t have to worry about them anymore rather soon.

One a global game wide scale I agree with one thing though: It makes no sense!
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    For the same reason you're here asking a useless question about it.

Because they wanted to.
  • Options
    duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    Scenery and a sense of development. We go from collecting ore on a hillside to collecting it out of a mine. It aesthetically presents the idea that we're building this colony. Ditto the other provision types. Old locations remain because...well folks would probably complain if their preferred grinding spot was "taken away." And these don't double up on each other to ensure that single players can't accomplish the grind (easily) on their own (it takes an active fleet to proceed through this as painlessly as possible.) Dev objectives are still maintained even while scenery is being built upon.

*Shrug*

Can't please them all.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!