test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

7hr downtime with no patch notes?

2»

Comments

• elemberq333elemberq333 Member Posts: 430 Arc User
    arionisa wrote: »
    They are implementing the newest NPC cheats that only affect the few players the Devs don't like.

Cool! So the game will be challenging again then?

• buckmeister6789buckmeister6789 Member Posts: 381 Arc User
    Oh lol. Maintenance has been extended. Again. By another hour and a half too. This is becoming a tradition.
    Rodak Volls@buckmeister6789
    First Officer of Access Denied/Naw'Tem/Task Force Sierra 6
    Administration, Public Relations and Recruitment Dept.
    Accolade Hunter - Engineer Drone Lord
  • ichaerus1ichaerus1 Member Posts: 986 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    ramorro wrote: »
    Oh well, I have seen worse down times back in the CoV/CoH days.

Oh, that brings back memories. I didn't have too many issues with the "Victory" server but there was one that was always down. I want to say it was the "Freedom" server but am not 100% sure.

Yea Freedom was down a lot. I played on Champion server but when I filled all my slots up (wasn't it like 18 per server?) with 50s I moved my least used toons to Freedom. Freedom was usually the last one to come up every Thursday and usually the first one to drop on a busy weekend. Usually if you saw Freedom drop you knew the lag was coming.

I will say, CoV/CoH had a ton of servers and were really stable for the 10yrs or so I played. I do miss that game... I dust off my little Recluse and Statesman pieces on my shelf I got in the box set once in a while.

There were thirty slots per server, with ten servers. Three hundred characters, with all sorts of costume options, including the ten dollar packs and subscriber perks.
  • gmfnomadgmfnomad Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    Well let's pretend to hope the server will be back up soon as I need space under my feet again uuuuugggggg.
  • justleroyjustleroy Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    The maintenance has been going on for more than 10 hours at this point. It has gone from maintenance to "Dammit, Carl!"
    - Only a fool fights in a burning house.
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,980 Arc User
    PC STO is back up.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • reemus#2383 reemus Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited October 2017

Yea Freedom was down a lot. I played on Champion server but when I filled all my slots up (wasn't it like 18 per server?) with 50s I moved my least used toons to Freedom. Freedom was usually the last one to come up every Thursday and usually the first one to drop on a busy weekend. Usually if you saw Freedom drop you knew the lag was coming.

I will say, CoV/CoH had a ton of servers and were really stable for the 10yrs or so I played. I do miss that game... I dust off my little Recluse and Statesman pieces on my shelf I got in the box set once in a while.

I tweet NCSoft from time to time and tell them I will never forgive them for pulling the plug on Coh/CoV. Like they care. :D

Was a heart breaker for sure... I had 4 accounts and quad-boxed them (usually leveled 4 characters together..ran them on follow and auto-cast and ran my own Task Force lol. My fav were 4 crab spiders... major defense and aoe)

I also miss how involved the devs were with the players. In-game appearances all the time, active on the forums (in character), and Synapse actually ran an LRSF and the another TF with our TF group because we had the fastest times and he wanted to see where these bugs were. I have yet to have seen a game where your developers were right there playing their product. The community was also awesome....

Oh..and by the way.. Synapse came into CoV side and scaled his powers down from god mode to normal enhancements and normal play.... he got wrecked so many times by those Spartan-like NPCs lol (can't remember the names or the TF right now).
  • bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,756 Arc User
    justleroy wrote: »
    The maintenance has been going on for more than 10 hours at this point. It has gone from maintenance to "Dammit, Carl!"

84637734.jpg​​
    signature.png
    We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!
  • reemus#2383 reemus Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    ichaerus1 wrote: »
    Oh well, I have seen worse down times back in the CoV/CoH days.

Oh, that brings back memories. I didn't have too many issues with the "Victory" server but there was one that was always down. I want to say it was the "Freedom" server but am not 100% sure.

There were thirty slots per server, with ten servers. Three hundred characters, with all sorts of costume options, including the ten dollar packs and subscriber perks.

I will say that STO as far as gear has been the closest to the diversity you had in CoX. I loved the enhancement slot system and recipies. You could build anything you wanted...and no 2 toons were the same usually..even with the same power sets. Costumes were amazing... STO does lack a little there but I love having a million options for my ships. There is always the meta but I have always been one to build something unique and effective on my own. STO gives that.

Looks like the long wait is over. Been dying to try my new game recorder. OBS has been good but even at max quality it still isn't clear enough to read text from items etc.