test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

hmm,

bernatkbernatk Member Posts: 1,089 Bug Hunter
So my little jemmy tac got himself a science console.
NtepLOB.jpg
So what will happen next?
What is he scienceing?

(and yeah, I can't get enough of this bridge, it's magnificent! :D )
Tck7dQ2.jpg
Dahar Master Mary Sue                                               Fleet Admiral Bloody Mary

Comments

• Options
    marty123#3757 marty123 Member Posts: 670 Arc User
    He is obviously a Dominion spy
  • Options
    usskentuckyusskentucky Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    Yeah there’s no reason for a tac Jemmy to be Sciencing. You need to put a stop to this before he hurts himself or others.
  • Options
    jamieblanchardjamieblanchard Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    It's nice that the Jemmy is cross training in science.

However, if your crew starts turning into Borg, and he develops an obsession with black holes and insists that you call him "Reinhart", then time to light him up ... >_>
    Resident TOS, G.I. Joe, Transformers and hair metal fangirl.

And knowing is half the battle!

21 'til I die!
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    A person who knows how to use a tommy gun isn't one who understands how it works from firing pin to the rifling and the science behind what goes on to help that person understand that gravity has an effect as much as how the bullet is fired and what it takes to peirce through armour. This is all factual information that is proven by science and their mechanics as much as it's got to do with the engineering behind the weapon and the type of bullet used to pierce the armour.

A tactical officer learning how a weapon works and the mechanics behind it is one who can figure out the best way to deal with a tactical situation by learning the consequences through science and engineering. A good trait to have in a tactical officer who is one that thinks ahead and can plan to take out a subsystem without setting off secondary explosions where another tactical officer wouldn't know any better.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.