test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Double Dil...ore only?

Already at only 8k per day to refine...this will take me years.. Only been playing the game a few months... Are there any events or ways to refine more? At this rate I really don't need double the ore...

dil.png
up load pictures

Comments

• Options
    nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    I have 3 million unrefined ore. You don't get to complain.
    Tza0PEl.png
  • Options
    jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    Why would you ever farm that much on one toon?
  • Options
    jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    It has always been double Dil ore. You have better chances of winning a Powerball lottery (if you live in the US) compared to the chance of Cryptic increasing the refinement cap; even temporarily.
  • Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    Yeah, go make some alts and get them to earn & refine Dil. Why would you keep getting Dil on the same toon when you have a 121 days surplus going on as of that picture? How much time you (and others) playing STO to even get that much ore? I rarely even reach my 8k cap unless Admiralty drops that 30k on me every so often!
  • Options
    bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,756 Arc User
    Already at only 8k per day to refine...this will take me years.. Only been playing the game a few months... Are there any events or ways to refine more? At this rate I really don't need double the ore...

dil.png
    up load pictures

Oh that's barely a third of a year worth of refining.​​
    signature.png
    We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Already at only 8k per day to refine...this will take me years..

121 days is not 'years.'

Refine your 8k per day on that character and farm on alts while you do.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
    you make another toon and get dil on that one

This.
    If you only play one character, all your ore will eventually bottleneck (depending on how often you play).

A lot of people make alts to get around the 8k refinement limit. (And for more EC storage for the super rich).

-Contraband, doff and admiralty on alts. Then funnel everything to your main characters every so often.

Only problem with this method is it takes time away from playing the game freely when you use only 1 character.

I've got 2 mains and 10 alts.
    Here's what I do;

All 12 characters turn in contraband everyday. that's 24k refined/per day. I don't even bother with admiralty or doffing for the most part.
    So for 10 mins of click-work I can pull in 720k refined a month (if I don't miss any days).

If you choose to do doffing and admiralty as well (takes more time but..) you can increase the refined dramatically, and build up R&D materials that you can then later sell in bulk when you've gathered enough - which helps offset the cost of buying the next batch of Contraband.

Easy as that.
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,571 Arc User
    It's very easy to get up to one million Unrefined on a Character when leveling it up. The last four Characters I leveled up had about a million each when they went into passive mode. Remember that Delta and Temporal Recruits get skads of the stuff normally. When you leveling up eight or nine Reputations simultaneously that'll give you over 250k Dilitium right there.

Getting Admiralty leveled up in three (now four) Campaigns also will bring in decent loads. Throw in the inevitable Dilitium Weekends and you're there.

My Temporal Recruit that I started the week after AoY rolled out during the 250% Bonus XP was maxed out on Specialization, Reputation, Commendations and the like by mid-October. Of course still working on maxing out Crafting. That is the worst in this game.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns