test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

One welcome side-effect of the endeavor system: bug acknowledgement

So, the current Endeavor is about rescuing ships in the Azure nebula, and it turns out the queue is broken, only respawning ships to rescue at only one place and veeeeeeery slowly.
And that's not the first Endeavor that can't be/can barely be completed due to a bug.

Since Endeavors are global to everyone of every faction and are about various parts of the game, including some neglected ones, that means more people to realize the devs screwed up and more incentive for them to fix the related bugs.

Though at this rate, I'd suggest them to add a button to each endeavor leading to a feedback box, kinda like what was made for the Foundry.
#TASforSTO
Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1

Comments

• anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    I could have sworn they were spawning in a few different spots when I did it today, and we finished the Endeavor with a couple to spare. We didn't get enough for the second optional, though, and no 5 point ships.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    I played twice today. The first time we had ONE ship spawn. The second time we got 9. The mission also has rubberbanding. I played several other missions just now with no rubberbanding.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    I played twice today. The first time we had ONE ship spawn. The second time we got 9. The mission also has rubberbanding. I played several other missions just now with no rubberbanding.

I've been getting severe rubberbanding​ everywhere in the game for a week now
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • lopequillopequil Member Posts: 1,226 Arc User
    Apart from a filthy leech I had no problem seeing enough ships to rescue. The rubber-banding was as bad as I've seen it in a long time, though.
    Q9BWcdD.png
  • maniac20#5251 maniac20 Member Posts: 263 Arc User
    Out of 2 runs I barely completed the endeavor with 1 character and the 2nd run I was running with a fleet mate and we only had 6 spawn with 2 that we couldn't do anything with. Also to note there is a thread in the bug reports about it.
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    Cool, another Endeavor I can skip, then!
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    We had one of the spawns bug our run (no ship there but the beams were still holding something?) and the others were only dropping T1 ships so the actual optional objectives were impossible. Also a lag fest and it may be suffering from that lack of animation now present in the undone space bz? Ships just seemed to vanish once free not warp out.
    SulMatuul.png
  • blitzsthblitzsth Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    alxVoI8.png
    Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
  • velquavelqua Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    It took 2 attempts for me to complete the Endeavor. The first time, I was rubberbanding very badly. The NPCs spawned only once. The second time, the NPCs spawned everywhere else but where I stood. I feel like the spawning issue might have to do with ships sticking around area, which may prevent the NPCs from respawning. Either way, the Endeavor is definitely help bringing to light those bugs left unfixed by the Developers.
    18662390068_f716cd60e3.jpg
  • fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,782 Arc User
    I haven't played it myself yet, but since nobody is mentioning it, it seems they've finally fixed the weird NPC scaling then.

NPCs were 10 levels below the player for a long time. Making the entire queue very boring.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    I haven't played it myself yet, but since nobody is mentioning it, it seems they've finally fixed the weird NPC scaling then.

NPCs were 10 levels below the player for a long time. Making the entire queue very boring.

~nod nod~
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • malebissemalebisse Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    Today's Endeavor is bugged as well. Completed the first mission in the Solanae arc, phoned command, selected my reward, but the endeavor was not completed. Stupid, buggy systems... Fix the problems!
  • jslynjslyn Member Posts: 1,784 Arc User
    Yep. Today's did not work for me, either.
  • nimbullnimbull Member Posts: 1,564 Arc User
    Cryptic's neglect is coming back to haunt em.
    Green people don't have to be.... little.
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,302 Community Moderator
    I didn't have any trouble with it. Ran "A Step Between Stars" and completed the Endeavor.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    The dyson sphere one worked fine for me as well.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    I think the only Solonae missions that worked for that Endeavor were Sphere of Influence, Step Between Stars and Surface Tension.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    I ran 'Surface Tension' on a Character that had run that already (looks like it may have been the only one I ran in that Arc). The funny thing is I had none of the Traits or the Console on that Character, so I have no idea what I could have possibly picked as the Reward the first time around.

That Episode is very good for leveling up Ship Masteries.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • lopequillopequil Member Posts: 1,226 Arc User
    Sphere of Influence doesn't complete the endeavour.
    Q9BWcdD.png
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    lopequil wrote: »
    Sphere of Influence doesn't complete the endeavour.
    Well it did for me.
    Post edited by avoozuul on
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    It tells you the THREE Episodes in the Solanae Arc that are eligible for this Endeavor in the In-Progress Tab.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns