test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Netflix to raise US prices soon

mhall85mhall85 Member Posts: 2,852 Arc User1
And, who didn't see THIS coming...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Erb3kYiEgIA

It's only going up from here, folks. Hollywood isn't going to let you take them to the cleaners...
d87926bd02aaa4eb12e2bb0fbc1f7061.jpg

Comments

• Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    simpsons-mob-torches.jpg
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    mhall85mhall85 Member Posts: 2,852 Arc User1
    patrickngo wrote: »
    mhall85 wrote: »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Erb3kYiEgIA

It's only going up from here, folks. Hollywood isn't going to let you take them to the cleaners...

it makes sense-Netflix sank a LOT of money into Star Trek:Discovery, and the showrunners spent it like water. since they can't recoup that from the licensing deal with CBS on the U.S. market, they need to make it back somehow.

More than that, with Disney pulling out of Netflix, they will have to only turn up the content production.

And that costs money.

This is a necessary battle in these "Content Wars." Content Creators need to make their money, but consumers have the power of their wallets. Whoever wins the battle, or how, will be very interesting.
    d87926bd02aaa4eb12e2bb0fbc1f7061.jpg
  • Options

* raises paw *

I didn't, then again I just use free video sites. No different then watching a program on free to air. Just no censorship that kill's the show.

baby_pirate_dragon_by_borogove13-d77rj9c.jpg
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,664 Arc User

* raises paw *

I didn't, then again I just use free video sites. No different then watching a program on free to air. Just no censorship that kill's the show.

I sometimes gotta do it too. Have you seen how much some places charge for a box set of anime these days? Dairugger goes for like 100 dollars. o.O Or classic Dr Who...one disk costs as much as an entire season of the NuWho.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options

* raises paw *

I sometimes gotta do it too. Have you seen how much some places charge for a box set of anime these days? Dairugger goes for like 100 dollars. o.O Or classic Dr Who...one disk costs as much as an entire season of the NuWho.

Was just having some fun :) only anime I've ever watched though is Pokémon, not a fan of the art style.
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User

* raises paw *

Was just having some fun :) only anime I've ever watched though is Pokémon, not a fan of the art style.

There are a ton of different art styles used in anime. Finding a watchable anime is all about finding a story you find interesting and an art style you like or at least tolerate.
  • Options
    starkaos wrote: »

* raises paw *

There are a ton of different art styles used in anime. Finding a watchable anime is all about finding a story you find interesting and an art style you like or at least tolerate.

I've seen pictures of several different animes, they all seem to have a similar art style to me, I'm just able to look past it with Pokémon cause I like the games. I prefer either animation similar to the '90s TMNT and The Real Ghostbusters, or CGI like Star Wars: the Clone Wars / Rebels.
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    railcarrailcar Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    > @evilmark444 said:

> I've seen pictures of several different animes, they all seem to have a similar art style to me, I'm just able to look past it with Pokémon cause I like the games. I prefer either animation similar to the '90s TMNT and The Real Ghostbusters, or CGI like Star Wars: the Clone Wars / Rebels.

Even within CGI anime there is a lot of variation. Appleseed and it's related content I generally liked.