test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Narrative gap?

commanderkassycommanderkassy Member Posts: 1,005 Arc User
I wasn't able to play for a while. I came back today and I'm catching up on content. I'm at the beginning of Melting Pot, and I'm pretty confused. What is this anomaly they are talking about that they seem to think I should know about? What episode is it from? I'm wondering if I missed something, or just forgot it, but this doesn't ring any bells. Thanks for any replies.

EDIT: Also, LaForge acted like we had met before in Beyond the Nexus, but I wasn't aware of any earlier interaction with him.
♪ I'm going around not in circles but in spirographs.
It's pretty much this hard to keep just one timeline intact. ♪

Comments

• ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Not explained. But you know since we are so famous (infamous almost), having saved the Quadrants many times before, he may have met us at one of those 'celebrations'.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • marty123#3757 marty123 Member Posts: 670 Arc User
    They went back and edited ‘Diplomatic Orders’ to include the Challenger and La Forge, I found this out levelling a new toon.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Here's a video of the end of the mission in case anyone wants to see it be can't be bothered to spend 20 minutes playing the mission:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYIb7xrk75c

and yeah that mission has garbage rewards even at L60...
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    I wasn't able to play for a while. I came back today and I'm catching up on content. I'm at the beginning of Melting Pot, and I'm pretty confused. What is this anomaly they are talking about that they seem to think I should know about? What episode is it from? I'm wondering if I missed something, or just forgot it, but this doesn't ring any bells. Thanks for any replies.

EDIT: Also, LaForge acted like we had met before in Beyond the Nexus, but I wasn't aware of any earlier interaction with him.

They certainly don't expect you to know about the anomaly. Kuumaarke gives you the backstory of how they would have missed the planet if not for the anomaly being there, and probably expects that you can see the anomaly on your viewscreen when you get there.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.