test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Star Trek Beyond Connie refit and 1701-A skins for Heavy Command Cruiser?

2»

Comments

• artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    kekvin wrote: »
    Worst thing about the jj verse films is this ship. The other classes dnt look so bad. Could see something i like if they add the new parts

It's the interiors of the JJ ships that bugged me....be it the inside of the Kelvin or the Enterprise....which looks like technology went backwords, since even the insides of the NX were seemed to look more advanced and sophisticated than the JJ ships, since they all look like facotories with a few computer screen tossed in. It looked bad when they did that for the original V, looked bad in JJ Trek.

The sets they built looked perfect in both the KT and DSC. they fit exactly as they should; being evolutions of ENT and precursors to TWoK and TNG (obviously they didn't fit with TOS or TMP but no other shows or films did either).

It's the way they were lit and shot that ruined them. You see the Kelvin's bridge much better as the USS Ship in the Kobiosh Maru test simulator and without the red lighting, camera shake, and pointless Dutch angles it looks era correct.

The issue is with the sets they didn't build. The Kelvin's engineering section, the Enterprises warp core room, turbine controle, and weapons bay. Completely out of place in Star Trek and with the look of the pratical sets they'd built.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    artan42 wrote: »
    Worst thing about the jj verse films is this ship. The other classes dnt look so bad. Could see something i like if they add the new parts

It's the interiors of the JJ ships that bugged me....be it the inside of the Kelvin or the Enterprise....which looks like technology went backwords, since even the insides of the NX were seemed to look more advanced and sophisticated than the JJ ships, since they all look like facotories with a few computer screen tossed in. It looked bad when they did that for the original V, looked bad in JJ Trek.

The sets they built looked perfect in both the KT and DSC. they fit exactly as they should; being evolutions of ENT and precursors to TWoK and TNG (obviously they didn't fit with TOS or TMP but no other shows or films did either).

It's the way they were lit and shot that ruined them. You see the Kelvin's bridge much better as the USS Ship in the Kobiosh Maru test simulator and without the red lighting, camera shake, and pointless Dutch angles it looks era correct.

The issue is with the sets they didn't build. The Kelvin's engineering section, the Enterprises warp core room, turbine controle, and weapons bay. Completely out of place in Star Trek and with the look of the pratical sets they'd built.

The entire JJprise interior looked like someplace I'd go if I hit my head and got the delusion that an iPhone was something worth buying, not the interior of a Starfleet vessel. The Vengeance was much better since it didn't have everything colored white.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter

The entire JJprise interior looked like someplace I'd go if I hit my head and got the delusion that an iPhone was something worth buying, not the interior of a Starfleet vessel. The Vengeance was much better since it didn't have everything colored white.

It's exactly what they did for TMP. Everything in that film is oh so cutting edge white, chrome, and plastic. Just instead of looking like a 1970s space hospital it now looked like a 2000s iStore. Neither of them really match what Starfleet normally does with its design language which is primarily grey and blue.

I personally like the built set design of the KT Enterprise even if it is one of only two non-grey Staefleet interiors in the franchise. I prefer the built sets of the Kelvin, Franklin, and Discovery.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,667 Arc User

I'm talking big pipes going everywhere, concrete floors, even those big valve wheels. IF they used the concept art for the engine room, for example, it would have been okay....it was essentially TMP's engine room on steroids.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg