test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

PSA: If you cancel your free trial of CBS All Access, you can (apparently) get a FREE BONUS MONTH

mhall85mhall85 Member Posts: 2,852 Arc User1
I've seen this posted on the Trek Subreddit, so I figured it should be shared here.

Small caveats, though... if you signed up through an iOS or Android app, you apparently won't get this offer. It only works if you sign up (or cancel, at least) through the CBS All Access website. Also not sure if this is only for the commercial-laden tier, or if a similar offer is given for the commercial-free trial.

Just thought I'd share!

(Friendly Note: This is not an invitation for haters to say CBS All Access sux. This is also not for people outside the US, as this obviously doesn't apply to you.)
d87926bd02aaa4eb12e2bb0fbc1f7061.jpg

Comments

• Options
    hawku001xhawku001x Member Posts: 10,758 Arc User
    Nice. For Canadians, CraveTV has a one month free trial.
  • Options
    where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    Yeah, that happens with a lot of subscription services.

I was told something similar to "Audible", which deals with audio books from Amazon....cancel the service, they start throwing free audio books at you so you remember how lovely a service they are.

I am still getting solicitations for free month to check us out (again) from Netflix and Hulu, once in a while.
    But not doing Netflix until next season of "Stranger Things" and "Longmire" is up, though. LOL!

I am, also, expecting to cancel CBS All Access at the end of the month. ST:Discovery reveal is happening too slow. 6 days of nothing...for one 40 min new ST: Discovery episode a week??? Isn't enough for me to keep paying the cost of the subscription.

I will come back when all 15 episodes can be streamed...watch at the pace I set.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    I saw this option when I was canceling, but couldn't get it to work. I'm considering doing another trial with a different email tonight so I can give valid examples with my continued complaints, so I'll see if I can get it to work this time.

One thing I will say is that I couldn't even get cancelling to work using chrome, I had to use Microsoft edge to get the site to work properly, so that could have been my issue.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    Nice point, @hawku001x!

And, yeah, if this is true, it's a 100% legit way for more to watch Discovery without breaking the bank.

If you have success doing this, and if there is a few hoops to jump through... share here! I know I might even be interested in this offer, after tonight's episode.
  • Options
    starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    Also, be advised, if you sign up with the CBS app open, you may have to close it and restart it before it will acknowledge the activation.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    Cancelled my second free account last night and was offered 2 months at 50% off, rather than a single free month, took the offer cause episode 3 was better than the pilot.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    They are obviously NOT trying to make money on the subscriptions doing this sort of thing....I wonder how they are using subscriber info?

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    I cancelled my sub, and was offered the free month extension. I now have the limited-commercial tier until November 2nd.

I'd like to go commercial-free by then. If last night's episode is what we can expect, moving forward, then I probably will!
    where2r1 wrote: »
    They are obviously NOT trying to make money on the subscriptions doing this sort of thing....I wonder how they are using subscriber info?

Probably just like any other subscription service?

These are just carrots on a stick. They're hoping you'll forget to cancel... again, just like any other subscription service.
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    mhall85 wrote: »
    I cancelled my sub, and was offered the free month extension. I now have the limited-commercial tier until November 2nd.

I'd like to go commercial-free by then. If last night's episode is what we can expect, moving forward, then I probably will!

Don't bother spending extra for commercial free...unless you need to save 20 mins time for watching a show once a week. You gain nothing.....it is the exact same edit. I even had to wait for prime time to get the next week's show.

Edit: There actually IS one useful thing: Fast Forwarding.

Like, if you want to watch one particular scene over...so you can verify some dialog or check out a costume you saw. And that would be after you already watched it once and want to FF through the rest to get to that point...without re-watching the entire show.