test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

1v1v1v1v1 Competitive Queues?

It seems to me that it takes ages to get 10 people to start a 5v5 competitive queued missions, so how about introducing 1v1v1v1v1 missions (to maintain the multiples-of-five tradition) to give us a more readily available option (certainly seems easier to design than for example a competitve battlezone)? I'd keep the same idea - Competitive PvE - Except each player would be racing every other player in completing the objectives. Scaling mark rewards according to placement, and first three places might always get a random equipment reward (similar to crystalline entity queues).

Comments

• keladorkelador Member Posts: 318 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    Don't hold your breath they really don't like to touching PVP its got a very small player base I think they have done what 1 or 2 updates to PVP since the game was released 7 years ago.
  • trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    kelador wrote: »
    Don't hold your breath they really don't like to touching PVP its got a very small player base I think they have done what 1 or 2 updates to PVP since the game was released 7 years ago.

This is because the original Dev that developed and implemented the PvP system, left Cryptic and didn't leave any notes on his work. Add to this every subsequent Dev that has worked on the PvP system has left Cryptic under amicable conditions. So its not that they cant touch it. It's that they do not know how to work with the PvP system itself.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • yakodymyakodym Member Posts: 362 Arc User
    Not talking about PvP, but competitive PvE. You know, the thing that one of the reputation systems is all about? While it does contain some PvP opportunities (defending cores in Core Assault for example), the objectives are PvE based.
  • trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    yakodym wrote: »
    Not talking about PvP, but competitive PvE. You know, the thing that one of the reputation systems is all about? While it does contain some PvP opportunities (defending cores in Core Assault for example), the objectives are PvE based.

I'm aware. I've already completed said rep, even got the costume. Now, like all other reps, there's nothing I really want from them. I might get the flak but that's about it.

When I originally read this post, The first thought that came to mind was, "Isn't that all of the STFs, with the current basis being DPS focused?" Whoever does the most, wins.
    Mm5NeXy.gif