test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

R&D Packs -30% off 9/25/17 only Flash Sale all 3 platforms 10am-6pm PST

Comments

• nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    Posted it just because I didn't see it anywhere in the forums & just another method to let people be informed.
  • blinn1blinn1 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    It's too bad that PST won't arrive for a little over a month (we're currently still in PDT). ;)
  • redvengeredvenge Member Posts: 1,425 Arc User
    Ok....

There isn't an R&D Ship Promotion! going on. These are just normal boxes (no chance of getting a ship). This might be attractive if there was new projects added to the R&D system or if there was a Ship Promotion!, but otherwise I don't see a point in buying these.
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    Just a sale price... no other promos so I don't see any reason to buy unless you absolutely need R&D mats to do right this instant...
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    Wow! Now that's a sale I can't not live without! ;)
  • szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    I can barely resist. By Grabthar's Hammer, what a savings.
  • nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    szim wrote: »
    I can barely resist. By Grabthar's Hammer, what a savings.

LOL awesome reference! That's still such a good movie.
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    I'd buy that for a dollar!
  • locussolus#9948 locussolus Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    It would be really nice if there were flash sales during OTHER time frames...other than 10am-6pm PST...A lot of people at work during that time that miss these sales...
  • lopequillopequil Member Posts: 1,226 Arc User
    It would be really nice if there were flash sales during OTHER time frames...other than 10am-6pm PST...A lot of people at work during that time that miss these sales...

A moot point when the sale is on one of if not the most worthless item in the store.

Straw poll time... who actually buys R&D boxes when there isn't the chance for a rare ship?
    Q9BWcdD.png
  • nccmarknccmark Member Posts: 1,083 Arc User
    The only good thing I can imagine with this sale....it probably means a promo pack sale at 20% off is around the corner.

They did this a few weeks ago with ship packs....30% off all ship packs (no T5U upgrade tokens), then 20% off all ships (not just packs) (including the new carriers) (get T5U tokens) a short time later.

Seems like a new maneuver -----
    higher discount % first,
    better overall discount value later.
  • blinn1blinn1 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    other than 10am-6pm PST

Which, until November 5th, is 11am-7pm PDT. :)

• corwinsilvercorwinsilver Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    It's really annoying that people that work all day can't take advantage of these kinds of sales. What could possibly be the reason for this timeframe?
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    With the new fangled programming they can set the on/off to pre-selected times.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns