test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Is it supposed to be like this??

Being auto- de-cloaked every time a message pop-up occurs. It is more of an annoyance than anything as I have to wait 15 seconds to re-cloak...but in some cases when I am not ready for a message from my 1st officer I get de-claoked just to read it..and he is on my own ship!

Secondly, The Dyson Destroyer Tactical Mode. A 1 minute CD after a death? This is a mode not an ability or attack.

Comments

• Options
    reemus#2383 reemus Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    Also, I have noticed that my hourly rep points only give me the 200 points about half the time.... Usually when I only need about 200-400 to advance to next tier it does not award my points when I claim...I have to wait for the full daily to get into the next tier. Is there a limit on rep point per day?
  • Options
    tyler002tyler002 Member Posts: 1,586 Arc User
    The auto-decloak thing seems to be arbitrarily applied. Sometimes message boxes force you out of cloak, sometimes they don't. Same with mission actions, like scanning things.
    tumblr_p7auh1JPC61qfr6udo4_500.gif
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    Being auto- de-cloaked every time a message pop-up occurs. It is more of an annoyance than anything as I have to wait 15 seconds to re-cloak...but in some cases when I am not ready for a message from my 1st officer I get de-claoked just to read it..and he is on my own ship!

Secondly, The Dyson Destroyer Tactical Mode. A 1 minute CD after a death? This is a mode not an ability or attack.

That auto-decloak unfortunately has always been in STO, if you plan to advance your storyline it would be best to keep outside 10km of any hostile in space, go through the popup mission dialogue and then re-cloak and keep going.

A one minute CD after death is hardly worth complaining about, at least it isn't a 5 minute or 10 minute CD because then you would have a point that it's very much disruptive to gameplay. Some things in your power tray have longer cooldowns and in the fight that time just flies past and you activate it 3 minutes from the last time you activated it. With all respect, it isn't a problem.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    arionisaarionisa Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    Yes, it's been around forever, but it still makes no sense. In the various series and movies, cloaked ships could do pretty much anything without de-cloaking other than fire weapons. Even within the game I remember NPCs that can "send" and "receive" dialogue while remaining cloaked, and yet the players cloak automatically drops if responding to that same dialogue.
    LTS and loving it.
    Ariotex.png
  • Options
    odinforever20000odinforever20000 Member Posts: 1,849 Arc User

Yea..(Also welcome Fellow DSD captain)..Yea that is what its currently doing..But I rarely notice as Im never in Tac mode..

The_Science_Channel_Signature_Gen_2_-_Jacobs_xSmall.png

Rouge Sto Wiki Editor.

• Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    honeslty, I rarely bother with cloak in story missions, because you don't need it. :p
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    It's working as intended.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • Options
    camdy#9806 camdy Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    tyler002 wrote: »
    The auto-decloak thing seems to be arbitrarily applied. Sometimes message boxes force you out of cloak, sometimes they don't. Same with mission actions, like scanning things.
    yeah i noticed the same thing in my defiant T5U