test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

REQUEST: No more characer-bound stuff for Lifetime Subbers

captainkorakcaptainkorak Member Posts: 37 Arc User
Seriously, you want to sell some more subscriptions? Get rid of the RIDICULOUS character-bound items for lifetime subscribers.

I mean in real life I can have a friend build something and then give it to me, why should a game be any different? Fine, for non-subscribers that's one thing, but every time I see "character to character" on an item I grit my teeth. We paid a lot of money for this game, if I want to use one toon to grind rep marks or rep gear or ANY ITEM AT ALL then why shouldn't I be allowed to transfer them over if I've paid for a lifetime subscription. This needs to be, and it needs to be badly. I'm sure many will agree.

Comments

• Options
    redspecter23redspecter23 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    I don't see what having a lifetime sub has to do with the suggestion. Items are bound for game balance reasons (or at least they should be). Removing balance restrictions for a certain percentage of the population based on a $300 purchase would not be a good idea.

With that being said, I wouldn't say the idea of removing some binding restrictions is out of the question. It just shouldn't have anything to do with lifetime subs.
  • Options
    I disagree, I think that lifetime subs already have a lot of benefits that you can't get any other way. Removing at least SOME (like you said, maybe not all) of the character-bound restrictions as an extra benefit would be a really nice "thank you" to the folks who've dished out for it.

I do also agree though that some items need to lose it even for free and regular gold accounts. Too many things are bound that way, need to loosen them all up a bit. At least let characters transfer fleet marks or fleet credits between each other, and maybe rep gear.
  • Options
    Again, in real life two people can share things, the fact that characters can't share things is insane. Account-bound I get, but character bound? They're all your characters and your items. I fail to see how balance would have anything to do with it, I mean most of us have one main and alts that grind for him/her anyway.

I was actually thinking it'd be cool if they made some kind of system where you could make your main be the actual "Fleet Admiral" and the other toons on your account underlings. Underlings could share stuff with the main, but not vice versa and not with other "underling" toons. That a little more fair? If every player had that ability (so no limiting it to lifetime subbers, gold, or TRIBBLE-day veterans) then it's totally fair and totally balanced since everyone can do it and it at least removes SOME of the annoyance of having items on alts you don't care about that you could use on your main.

• Options
    trygvar13trygvar13 Member Posts: 697 Arc User
    But quite frankly when was the last time we got something? The last thing I can remember was the T6 destroyer... 3 years ago.
    Dahar Master Qor'aS
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    I too don't see the necessity for character bound items in a lot of cases, but feeling entitled to better treatment because of a purchase I won't support.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    arionisaarionisa Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    No, just, no. LTS already gives more than enough benefits to justify the cost. Besides that, items are either bound or not bound, period. They would have to make new versions of everything, available only to LTS members, to have an item that binds for non LTS but not for LTS. Lots of stuff for the Devs to spend time on other than creating LTS only copies of everything.
    LTS and loving it.
    Ariotex.png
  • Options
    killer1986chriskiller1986chris Member Posts: 382 Arc User
    While I do like the idea I can see too many bugs coming as a part of it which simply is not something I care to have happen and outweighs the good.