test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Infinity lockboxes reward : 5 green R&D catalyst ?? For 1 euro (key price)?

fcedfced Member Posts: 385 Arc User
Hello,
I am very angry, i opened some boxes those days, and a lot of them rewarded me with :
2x Salvaged tech (For 1 euro, thanks Cryptic wtf??)
5x green Catalyst for R&D, not even the blue one, but the Green one, and that TRIBBLE is written nowhere in the infinity lockbox content list :
https://sto.gamepedia.com/Infinity_Lock_Box

Please Cryptic fix your lockboxes or return us our Master keys, we have a list of the content of the box, we shouldn't have anything which is not on the list, and certainly not green catalyst which are nothing (at least i prefer a Very Rare R&D box) !!!
We pay for master keys, and we pay a lot of money, and it is not to have a insignificant thing like green catalyst x5 !!! It is a shame

I will not buy master keys if it is to have TRIBBLE stuff which is not even listed here in the lockboxes content :
https://sto.gamepedia.com/Infinity_Lock_Box
PS4 / PS3 - Star Trek online (Trekkie) - Neverwinter - Mass Effect 1/2/3 Fan, I like Andromeda - Main language : Français - Secondary language : English - Third language : Forget you won't like it...

Comments

• Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    Cryptic couldn't care less what people write in the wiki. You need to refer to the official blogs, the wiki is fan made and fan maintained. And those blogs don't disclose it's contents in such details far as I know.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,395 Arc User
    *Obligatory "safest and most rewarding way to use keys is to sell them on the exchange so you can get what you want to pay for" reply*
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    I Opened 250 boxes before the last patch, and i never got salvaged technology, or catalyst...
    I kept 90 Keys in my vault, and since the last patch, when i open a box (infinity or Son'a) i get sometime 5 green catalysts... They have changed something without telling us...
    I am ok to get some very rare R&D pack, that is good i need them, but truly is 5x crafting skills or a 2x salvaged techno worth one Master key which cost 1 Euro ? or 1 dollar ? (1 Euro = 1.19745 U.S. dollars) ??????

The wiki get those informations from here :
    INFINITY LOCKBOX (NO CRAFTING SKILLS INSIDE)
    https://www.arcgames.com/fr/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10046693-star-trek-online:-infinity-lock-box

Since the beginning of that game i opened more than 1500/2000 Boxes, and i never got Catalyst or even salvaged technology in any lockbox i opened before the last patch (opened : Cardassian, Kelvin, Herald, Tal'shiar, Infinity, ...), and it is not only me, i asked to friends from my armada too - +2500 Players - they never got 5x green r&d catalyst from 1 lockboxes - we get usually a R&D very rare purple pack...

More than this, why would want Salvaged technology ? Salvaged Technology is only used to craft tech upgrade from R&D and it cost a lot of dilithium to upgrade anything, if i want tech upgrade, i will open Kelvin lockboxes to have Universal Tech Upgrade, they are the best and they don't cost dilithium to upgrade ..

My point is they have changed something in lockboxes with the last patch (STO 4.01)

PS4 / PS3 - Star Trek online (Trekkie) - Neverwinter - Mass Effect 1/2/3 Fan, I like Andromeda - Main language : Français - Secondary language : English - Third language : Forget you won't like it...
  • Options
    killer1986chriskiller1986chris Member Posts: 382 Arc User
    You're opening lockboxes for Lobi, anything else is a bonus.
  • Options
    fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,804 Arc User
    I knew this seemed familiar to me...

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/discussion/1208518/of-lockboxes-and-unacceptable-conduct

OP in that thread contains a source that is official.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • Options
    Oh I have torches for sale btw. If you buy keys, you might get ten of them from a lock box ;)
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • Options
    tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    hmmm lock boxes shouldnt have R&D mats in em... maybe they screwed up the database or something. at worse you get dil claims or various xp boosts junk like that.
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,519 Arc User
    I'll repeat the obligatory: Sell the lockboxes for EC, buy exactly what you want.

Unless it's lobi that you want, in which case those sweet green mats were just a bonus.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,571 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    Lockboxes have awarded the R&D Packs you can can buy from the C-Store but I don't believe I have ever seen just free standing Catalysts.

Edit: The reason I haven't seen it as they drop directly into the R&D Inventory.
    Post edited by ltminns on
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    tacticalrooktacticalrook Member Posts: 810 Arc User
    Did you happen to eat the last lock box in the slot, causing the R&D pack to drop in its place, then eat that?
    /channel_join grind
  • Options
    chiyoumikuchiyoumiku Member Posts: 1,028 Arc User
    I RARELY get Salvaged tech out of those boxes. An Item used to craft exterimental tech upgrades that fetches high prices on the Exchange the OP is complaining. Shocker.
    Sekhmet_Banner.jpg
    Defending The Galaxy By Breaking One Starfleet Regulation After The Next.
  • Options
    dolfanar#1514 dolfanar Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    Ive jad the same experience since the last patch on console. Infinity giving horrific rewards as described. Never going to buy another master key ahain (have bought over a thousand) this whale is going on an sto diet...
  • Options
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    They can change anything at anytime for any reason. Read your ELUA. You have no leg to stand on to demand anything.

We have the right, to spread the info to our friends : "Don't open any box, because you will get nothing interesting from the boxes", and we have the right to stop buying keys...

About the Boxes, it happened to me to open some boxes for lobby crystals because i needed some for the Lobby crystal discount last week, but usually it is for dilithium vouchers (10-14), consoles, Universal tech upgrades which don't cost dilithium (you get 10-14 of them). That is why i get those boxes, and 99% of peoples which open lockboxes open them for the same reason, and for the little chance to get a ship;

But, if they get too much craps like 2xSalvaged technology or 5x green catalyst (not even the blue ones), peoples will stop opening the boxes, and they will stop playing the game...

Can you imagine how much players we have lost during the past 6 months ? Are you only aware of the time it take now to launch a PVE ??? There is plenty other good games which cost 69 Dollars, and which have everything included for that price (no keys, no ship to buy, nothing, like Elite Dangerous, Destiny II, and how much others)... We lose players, and that type of marketing plan will not make them return, that is not helping, we have a proverb, if i translate if should be ...
    When you milk a cow too much, you kill the golden eggs chicken...

A simple example which have nothing to do with Keys, and lockboxes content... Can you imagine how much french speaking or Spanish Star Trek fan there is all over the world ? probably more than US players, and certainly much more than german players (German is one country and the game is translated in german but not in French or Spanish), because French is one of the most spoken language, and we have a lot of friends which tried the game for one or two week, and left not because they don't like the game, but because they didn't understood anything to the missions...
    I am ok i can handle english, but 90% of my friends can't...

I am afraid, because i like that game and i want continue to play it, but i want more mission, and more friends to play PVE, i am bored of waiting 30 minute to start a PVE which is not The Breach or Undine assault or Crystalline... Of course developing and managing a game cost money,, I am a lifetime user, and i get ships from the store, but that is too much, i will not pay for 2x salvaged technology, or 5xgreen catalyst..

If Cryptic and Arcgames continue like that to take us as fools, they will loose 99% of their players...
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    ltminns wrote: »
    Lockboxes have awarded the R&D Packs you can can buy from the C-Store but I don't believe I have ever seen just free standing Catalysts.

Me neither, until last update, i never got that 5 green catalyst alone, and during the same round of box open (I opened 400 infinity, Kelvin, Sona Box, and others... since last week), i got a plenty of R&D boxes (Very rare), i am happy with them, because i am crafting stuff for my fleet, but those Very Rare R&D boxes contain the catalyst, so i don't understand, may be they have messed with the database as said a player in the topic

And about the Salvaged technology, those things are only useful to craft tech upgrades which are the same we get in lockboxes (didn't got a lot in Infinity lockbox - i get them from older boxes), but the tech upgrade you craft in R&D with Salvaged technology need a lot of dilithium to upgrade your stuff from MKII to Epic MKXIV... So who want to pay for that???

If i need tech upgrade i will open some Kelvin boxes, or Cardassian, i have a lot of them, if i want R&D boxes i will open Herald boxes or Tal Shiar...
    I don't understand why i have got those useless stuff...
  • Options
    jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    Per the EULA, Cryptic has the right to change things in the game without player community approval.

As a player, you reserve the right not to purchase Master Keys to open lockboxes if that is your desire.

• Options
    jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    Dear: Cryptic Dev

Please make the lockbox always give me something worth more than 1 key I am tired of being SLAP in the FACE.

PS I have not thought this through even one little bit.

Opening lockboxes should reward 2 master keys. :D:D:D
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    Edit: I was wrong, see my post further down. +25 Skill Catalysts and Salvaged Technology do and have been dropping from Lockboxes.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    tvirxtvirx Member Posts: 92 Arc User
    lol
  • Options
    anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    There have been a few scr*w up this week. Thursdays restart with no patch downloaded about 500 MB. I would venture to guess that was the incomplete Galaxy Interior, that they had to have an Emergency Patch today to clean up.

There was originally not going to be a patch on Thursday, but they changed their minds. You might have missed the announcement on the news page because it had the wrong date for the patch.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    I was wrong on two counts.

Yes, I did miss the Thursday Patch Notes as the Tweet they sent out said only Chat would be offline. Reviewing the Archives in GNN shows nothing for the 14th either. However, reviewing the new 9/14 patch notes in the News Blog shows that one thing they did was to change the Infinity on the 14th to include the Privateer Lockbox.

After reviewing the Lockbox contents on the STOWiki, it seems I was wrong as +25 Skill Catalysts have been available in Lockboxes since the Xindi-Terrestrial as well as Salvaged Technology. The problem is that they both go directly into the R&D Inventory and not the regular Inventory so you may miss it. When you buy that kind of stuff from the Exchange it goes into your regular Inventory, probably so you can confirm what you bought.

And by the way, they normally wouldn't add the Privateer Lockbox into the Infinity until the S'ona Lockbox was retired. So this could mean one of two possible things. Either they are now speeding up the process on adding 'older' Lockboxes OR they are about to retire the S'ona.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    I was wrong on two counts.

Yes, I did miss the Thursday Patch Notes as the Tweet they sent out said only Chat would be offline. Reviewing the Archives in GNN shows nothing for the 14th either. However, reviewing the new 9/14 patch notes in the News Blog shows that one thing they did was to change the Infinity on the 14th to include the Privateer Lockbox.

After reviewing the Lockbox contents on the STOWiki, it seems I was wrong as +25 Skill Catalysts have been available in Lockboxes since the Xindi-Terrestrial as well as Salvaged Technology. The problem is that they both go directly into the R&D Inventory and not the regular Inventory so you may miss it. When you buy that kind of stuff from the Exchange it goes into your regular Inventory, probably so you can confirm what you bought.

And by the way, they normally wouldn't add the Privateer Lockbox into the Infinity until the S'ona Lockbox was retired. So this could mean one of two possible things. Either they are now speeding up the process on adding 'older' Lockboxes OR they are about to retire the S'ona.

Retire the Son'a?

To me it seems that Son'a don't want to retire. They keep trying to make everyone believe they haven't reached the right age for that yet so... :p

• Options
    Lol
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    They can change anything at anytime for any reason. Read your ELUA. You have no leg to stand on to demand anything.

The EULA is a guideline, the ToS is what you should be looking at under Rule 24: Fees. This is taken directly from the Terms of Service:

24. Fees

24.1 We may charge fees to access and acquire certain game items or participate in game activities through the Service and may allow the purchase of in game “points” that may be applied to the purchase of in game items or activities (“Zen”). After the purchase you will directly have the right to use Zen and be able to it in the way as is stipulated.

24.2 ANY APPLICABLE ZEN, FEES AND OTHER CHARGES ARE PAYABLE IN ADVANCE AND NON REFUNDABLE. ZEN HAVE NO MONETARY VALUE AND CANNOT BE REDEEMED FOR CASH. ZEN AND THE RIGHT TO USE APPLICABLE ZEN ARE NON-TRANSFERABLE, IN WHOLE OR PART. THE RIGHT TO USE ZEN IS AN INTEGRAL PART OF THE LICENSE TO USE THE SERVICE AND GAME.

24.3 You explicitly acknowledge and agree that the a right to use (license) Zen starts from the moment fees have been paid and that you are able from that moment to use Zen for the intended purpose. You explicitly acknowledge and agree that you lose the right to withdraw from the purchase of Zen.

24.4 We may, from time to time, modify, amend, or supplement our fees, billing methods and terms applicable to Zen or to any purchases, and post those changes in these Terms, in separate Terms of Sale or in other terms or agreements posted on the Website or Service or otherwise provided to you by us. Such modifications, amendments, supplements or Terms of Sale shall be effective immediately upon posting on the Website or Service and shall be incorporated by reference into these Terms. If any change is unacceptable to you, you may terminate your account at any time.

24.5 If you claim a chargeback for any reason, we have the right to investigate and dispute such chargeback. If we believe that your chargeback requirement is spurious, unreasonable, or invalid, we may take the dispute to court. If your chargeback is deemed invalid in court, you agree to pay for all fees and costs resulting from the disputed chargeback, including but not limited to legal fees and expenses, damages, monies lost due to non-operation, and chargeback fees, or if applicable mandatory law dictates otherwise, to the maximum amount permitted.

24.6 You may pay for any applicable fees and charges or for Zen by major credit card, PayPal® or other such methods authorized by us.

24.7 We are not liable for “hacking” or lost of your virtual goods from your account, however, we may, in our sole discretion, reimburse virtual goods or Zen upon proof that such loss was not due to your inappropriate use. We may limit the quantity of any item or refuse to provide you with any virtual good. Verification of certain information applicable to a transaction may be required prior to our acceptance of your payment. Price and availability of virtual goods are subject to change with no notice. We have no liability with respect to virtual goods or Zen that is gifted to you or provided as an incentive.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.