test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The gazillionth thread about the New PvE UI and how bugged it is. Falling on Cryptics Deaf Ears

124»

Comments

• Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    warpangel wrote: »
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    Now i don't want to argue about it too strongly because we are on the same boat here. But i firmly believe that that's the way to go and that the community can do much more in that regard. It worked on much bigger fries than Cryptic in less time and i believe once the community gets over feeling like we owe Cryptic something for talking to us (looking at you reddit), we can achieve something. Perhaps not what we want, but surely we can at least put an end to the "stonewalling" that is happening now!

We can achieve nothing. Boycotts don't work. Occasionally a Cryptic Dev will come out and say they're not lazy, but they are: actions (or non-actions, as the case may be) speak louder than words.

Especially the unqueueing is an egregious faux-pas. Never ever unque me; like I mean, ever. If I'm already waiting 15 minutes, last thing I want to is to check the chat screen, and see Cryptic has already unqueue-ed me altogether.
    Wouldn't the lazy thing to do have been to leave the old queue system in and not do anything?

Ha! :) Yes, that would have been even lazier. :P Seriously, though, I'm a firm believer in "Don't fix it if it ain't broken!" Because, with Cryptic, there's no guarantee you'll get something working back, any time soon. I'm surprised about their taking such a long time with fixing the UI, though (if, at this point, they have any plans to fix it at all). The UI is like a central node for the game; and, apart from the 'minor' issues I usually experience with it, the list of things broken with it, pertaining to pre-made teams queue-ing together, is much longer.
    I never did get why they even wanted to change it at all. They could've just added the extra list filters on the old UI, kept the underlying system that worked and nobody would've complained.

I don't understand it either. Old UI was working well enough for me.
    3lsZz0w.jpg