test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Help with DOFFing Colonization Chain

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
This discussion was created from comments split from: Torpedo and survivability.

Comments

• Options
    milky1986milky1986 Member Posts: 1 New User
    hello

first off this isnt to do with this post, im new, just joined but says a cant post for a while,

this was the top one a could post on, need help pls, or links to other posts a can see answers, a hate to ask cause its showing my noobness. im doing the chains in beta, Colonization ones, its chains of 7 a believe. having a problem, they rnt showng up? well they are sometimes, like a would finish 2/7 then 3/7 isnt there and isnt there for days n days if it even shows up, is there something a need to do to make them come up? is there missions there a need to do to make the chain one come up. any help would be great, theres only one chain iv just completed and a dont know how they showed up but others didnt. sorry to jump on this post but a need to know, its frustrating as hell. checked google etc and not getting answers to help me.

please help. thanks
  • Options
    brian334brian334 Member Posts: 2,214 Arc User
    PM sent
  • Options
    jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    Yeah, it can take awhile before you are able to make your own thread. I had to make over 90 posts in existing threads and wait around 30 days before I was able to make my own thread.

Anyway, the colonization missions appear randomly. After completing a colonization chain mission and you fly to one of the zones, the next mission may or may not be there since there is a random chance of it appearing. Additionally, there could be a cooldown time after completing a chain mission before the next mission even has a chance of appearing. Everyone goes through the processes, just check periodically and you will eventually see them.
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,353 Community Moderator
    edited September 2017
    Generally, I just do every available mission within the cluster at the time. To earn all of the Accolades for a given cluster, you'll need to complete 70 missions. Usually by the time you've done that you'll have made it through the assignment chain for the cluster as well.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    arionisaarionisa Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    Having a number of toons parked in the B'Tran cluster farming for technicians right now my best advice is to make sure you are set to show all missions instead of only showing missions with met requirements. Almost every mission requires certain consumables and if you are set to only show missions with met requirements you will never see those missions unless you happen to have all the right consumables in at least the required quantities. I haven't really paid attention in a while but I believe at least two of the chain require colonists, I know at least one of them does, so be sure and do the Colonist mission (under operations) any time it appears, the one that gives you colonists, not the one that requires them although if you are full, go ahead and run the one that requires five colonists to clear passenger space for more. Actually, as long as you keep at least eight on hand, you'll be all right as my senile brain remembers one mission needing five and the other needing three.

Rather than constantly traveling back to B'Tran and hoping the next mission is available, I park my toon there and just leave it while I play one or more of my other toons, every now and then (about once an hour) I'll switch toons, see what missions are available, and then switch back.
    LTS and loving it.
    Ariotex.png
  • Options
    brian334brian334 Member Posts: 2,214 Arc User
    Something often overlooked is that each of the Colonization Chain Assignments belongs to a specific department, such as Engineering or Security. Check the Wiki, (Google STO Colonization Chain Assignments to go directly to the STO Wiki page,) to be sure you are looking in the correct tab of your DOff Assignments page. Sometimes the next link of the chain is not in the Zone Assignments tab.