What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[PC] New Featured Episode: "Beyond the Nexus"

13»

Comments

• Options
    smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,664 Arc User
    Got my rifle upgrade, works fine to me. Love the impact visual it has, too.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options
    pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,177 Arc User
    vorwoda wrote: »
    pottsey5g wrote: »
    "Trilithium-Laced Weaponry

Speed Tweaks (2 piece)

This 2 piece bonus grants you Firing Cycle Haste for Energy Weapons and a Flight Speed increase."
    Is that ship flight speed, torpedo/mine flight speed or both? Pretty sure its ship speed only but I can live in hope.

I'm betting it's torpedo flight speed, NOT ship speed. Why would Trilithium-Laced Weaponry speed up your ship? Unless it's recoil, and your ship goes fast in reverse (or forward when firing aft weapons. ;)

"Aft torpedo, FIRE!"

Whoosh! Boom! "AAAAaaaaaaaaHhhhhhhh!" (as firing ship is hurled forward at Ludicrous Speed TM)
    Well I gave up the Trilithium Tricobalt Torpedo is as broken as all Tricobalt weapons. Hits for zero damage, broken cooldowns, does more damage to me then the enemy.
  • Options
    paddy#3322 paddy Member Posts: 203 Arc User
    Liked the episode and for me I didn't mind the brevity. Rewards are 'meh' unless you're using a phaser build but the rifle is a nice touch.
    RIP (2022) : Officer Wilbert Mota, Corporal Charles Galloway, Detective Jason Rivera, Officer Fernando
    Arroyos, Officer John Painter, K9 Jedi, K9 Maya, Deputy Constable Neil Adams, Officer Jorge
    David Alvarado, Sergeant Joshua Cordell, Trooper Martin Mack, Trooper Branden Sisca,
    Lieutenant William Lebo
  • Options
    spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,264 Arc User
    paddy#3322 wrote: »
    Liked the episode and for me I didn't mind the brevity. Rewards are 'meh' unless you're using a phaser build but the rifle is a nice touch.
    I wonder how many people are even using phaser or disruptor builds as the devs seem to go out of their way to make those as useless as possible.
  • Options
    kf4tvikf4tvi Member Posts: 164 Arc User
    corelogik wrote: »
    Decent episode, finally got my phaser rifle I wanted, now we need a hand phaser to go with it that doesn't have the glowy bits bolted on,...

Have you tried these?

https://sto.gamepedia.com/Federation_Type_1_Phaser_(Wide)

https://sto.gamepedia.com/Federation_Type_2_Phaser_(Stun)

Rifle, kinda glowy, but sounds cool.
    https://sto.gamepedia.com/Federation_Type_3_Phaser_Rifle_(Nadion_Burst)
  • Options
    avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,197 Arc User
    Aren't those TOS based though?
  • Options
    avoozuul wrote: »
    Aren't those TOS based though?

I think they are, sorry, thought it was just about the glowy bits and phaser type. I also saw these, but the version of it that I have has the blue shield stuff unlike the picture, so maybe they changed it?
    https://sto.gamepedia.com/Phaser_Stun_Pistol
    There are more at the bottom of the page that may help, like the agony or compression?
  • Options
    hanover2hanover2 Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    9/26 rewards are not available upon completion of the mission as of 2 minutes ago. Am I misunderstanding something?
  • Options
    Decent episode, finally got my phaser rifle I wanted, now we need a hand phaser to go with it that doesn't have the glowy bits bolted on,...

What about like the one pictured as my avatar now?
  • Options
    tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    hanover2 wrote: »
    9/26 rewards are not available upon completion of the mission as of 2 minutes ago. Am I misunderstanding something?

Probably need to wait till after 10am pac time.
  • Options
    smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,664 Arc User
    kf4tvi wrote: »

What about like the one pictured as my avatar now?

I think more like the TNG one. If you look at the new rifle, the front bit is actually, pretty much, a hand phaser stuck on, even has the hand grip on it.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options
    daderganonumbersdaderganonumbers Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited September 2017
  • Options
    daderganonumbersdaderganonumbers Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    (retracted)
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    ambassadorkael#6946

Was this Episode meant to be put in earlier Arcs (Federation: Klingon War, for example) as a Level 18+? Also was it meant that the Mission special rewards were not freely upgradable to Mk XII like all Episode since the start of the Iconian War Arc?

Thanks in advance for getting this clarified.

EDIT: Patch Notes confirm answers for the above.
    Post edited by ltminns on
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns