test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Ferengi Energy Whip - What's it's Classification?

Does anyone know what the classification is --> Ferengi Energy Whip - Rifle? Assault? Pistol? Melee?

I wish Cryptic was more clear about their weapon types, especially with weird ones like the whip.

StarTrekIronMan.jpg

Comments

• Options
    redvengeredvenge Member Posts: 1,425 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    stark2k wrote: »
    Does anyone know what the classification is --> Ferengi Energy Whip - Rifle? Assault? Pistol? Melee?

I wish Cryptic was more clear about their weapon types, especially with weird ones like the whip.
    It's not melee.

You could just test it. Goto a ground hub area. Turn on one of the "training" Traits. Observe the tooltip and see if it increases.

This is how I found out the Sompek Pulsewave Assault is treated as a rifle. Also, the Romulan Plasma Flamethrower treats it's primary fire as a rifle and it's secondary fire as an assault (so you need BOTH traits to get that 5% bonus).

Also, the Lukari Wrist weapon is none of the above.
  • Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    It's classified as awesome. :D
  • Options
    burstorionburstorion Member Posts: 1,750 Arc User
    Pistol.... and yeah, the flamer is a weird one but considering I carry the Cochrane as a secondary so its all good
  • Options
    taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
    "Space Barbie"
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    redvenge wrote: »
    stark2k wrote: »

It's not melee.

You could just test it. Goto a ground hub area. Turn on one of the "training" Traits. Observe the tooltip and see if it increases.

This is how I found out the Sompek Pulsewave Assault is treated as a rifle. Also, the Romulan Plasma Flamethrower treats it's primary fire as a rifle and it's secondary fire as an assault (so you need BOTH traits to get that 5% bonus).

Also, the Lukari Wrist weapon is none of the above.
    Yeah, Cryptic's type designations are worthy of it's name.

Funny they spoonfeed puzzle solutions to us, but explanations for simple terms have to be found by trial-and-error.