test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[PC] Announcing the Tzenkethi Red Alert!

2»

Comments

• Options
    aspartan1aspartan1 Member Posts: 1,054 Arc User
    Sweet.
    I'm looking forward to this Red Alert.
    I like the Elachi and Mirror Red alerts a lot.
    Wish they'd start doing a weekly or bi-weekly rotation of Red Alerts with different alien groups.
    Maybe something like this:

Week:
    Week-1: Mirror/Terran Empire
    Week-2: Elachi
    Week-3: Voth
    Week-4: Dominion
    Week-5: Tzenkethi
    Week-6: Orion Pirates
    Week-7: Gorn Separatists
    Week-8: Herald
    Week-9: Undine
    Week-10: Cardassian True Way
    Week-11: Breen
    Week-12: Na'Khul

Then start over again for a three-month cycle.
    Just a suggestion.
    Since Cryptic already has all the ships for those powers I would imagine creating a Red-Alert map would not be too difficult for each of them provided the game-engine and servers can handle it (which I imagine they should).

It is nice to dream.... I share pretty much the same dream, except in my dream they are always available but the weekly feature is an added bonus where the RA drops a special item or mark for a store turn-in or something like that....
    If you are looking for an excellent PvE fleet consider: Omega Combat Division today.
    Former member of the Cryptic Family & Friends Testing Team. Sadly, one day, it simply vanished - without a word or trace...
    Obscurea Chaotica Fleet (KDF), Commander
    ingame: @.Spartan
    Romulan_Republic_logo.png
    Former Alpha & Beta Tester
    Original Cryptic Forum Name: Spartan (member #124)
    The Glorious, Kirk’s Protegè
  • Options
    nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    I too think the Tzenkethi would be ideal candidates for a Ground Battlezone map. They're a bit different so they could offer different ground strategies like they do in space. I wonder what the hold-up is.
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,320 Arc User
    angrytarg wrote: »
    Sorry to oink so negatively, but that sounds too complicated for a "red alert". The queues already were unnecessary, the Red Alerts were supposed to be quick encounters without much hassle, more or less a simple "kill five groups" mission. The Na'Kuhl alert already felt a bit clunky, this reads as if we have to do something time-gated again which would be better suited for a "large" PvE queue, not a "Red Alert".​​

Speaking of which, what happened to the Na'kuhl red alert?
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    What I stated earlier in this Thread:

'The Temporal Maurauders (Na'kuhl) Red Alert set the precedent for PVE Queue Red Alerts. When they, without any announcement, converted the Borg and Tholian to Queues, they pulled the Na'kuhl at the same time. Again, without any announcement.'
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    shadowfirefly00shadowfirefly00 Member Posts: 1,026 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    The Temporal Maurauders (Na'kuhl) Red Alert set the precedent for PVE Queue Red Alerts. When they, without any announcement, converted the Borg and Tholian to Queues, they pulled the Na'kuhl at the same time. Again, without any announcement.
    At risk of flagellating a deceased equine, I would point out that such lack of notification is bad form at best, a habit developers should avoid like the plague. I am certain that whoever thought it a good idea would think differently were the tables turned... but I digress.

A playthrough is now in the wild; it amuses me how similar it has turned out to my own speculations.
  • Options
    darakossdarakoss Member Posts: 850 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    The Temporal Maurauders (Na'kuhl) Red Alert set the precedent for PVE Queue Red Alerts. When they, without any announcement, converted the Borg and Tholian to Queues, they pulled the Na'kuhl at the same time. Again, without any announcement.
    At risk of flagellating a deceased equine, I would point out that such lack of notification is bad form at best, a habit developers should avoid like the plague. I am certain that whoever thought it a good idea would think differently were the tables turned... but I digress.

A playthrough is now in the wild; it amuses me how similar it has turned out to my own speculations.

Saw the playthrough. Looks rather meh. All you need is BFAW and a good spacebar. Oh wait.....
    i-dont-always-funny-meme.jpg
    original join date 2010

Member: Team Trekyards. Visit Trekyards today!
  • Options
    shadowfirefly00shadowfirefly00 Member Posts: 1,026 Arc User
    darakoss wrote: »
    Saw the playthrough. Looks rather meh. All you need is BFAW and a good spacebar. Oh wait.....
    Indeed, the current execution is pretty brain-dead. What I'd thought it would be like, I must admit, also needs some spice; to remedy that, consider the following additions thereto (with a tip of the hat to the X-Wing/TIE Fighter games):

• the missiles are generically identified ('Cruise Missile?') until you hold focus on one in engagement range for 5 seconds (at which point the ID changes to 'Protomatter Missile' or 'Decoy Vehicle' as appropriate). Note: because science vessels have more advanced sensor suites than other ships; their identification time is instead 2.5 seconds;
    • the decoys act as more potent versions of aceton assimilators.