test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Demand for a T6 Emissary Star Cruiser

dragon5004dragon5004 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
I've said this before in a previous forum, but I'm going to say this again. The Emissary Star Cruiser used to be a very popular Federation starship for Starfleet players, but it seems to have been forgotten as many other Federation ships have been introduced and even gotten seperate T6 counterparts. I personally have been holding off on getting a Fleet Star Cruiser because I want a T6 one instead (and a discount on the Fleet Ship Modules needed for the fleet version). I'd like to see if anyone else feels the same way.

Demand for a T6 Emissary Star Cruiser 92 votes

Yes! I want a T6 Emissary!
51%
f8explorer#7814garaks31protoneousmustrumridcully0angarus1random909lordsteve1risian4jcsteeledexxis7seaofsorrowsangrytargkyle223catkianazerosunfranckstylermaxwellthay8472relicthiefsennahcheribpsiameese 47 votes
Nah, I wouldn't mind if they don't bring the Emissary back.
48%
ikonn#1068coldnapalmrangerryudracounguisa3001meimeitoopottsey5gquesteriuskodachikunomthomps016seriousdavespacehermitpatrickngodragnridrfeiqacrashdragonsalazarrazeioneonkiralynlianthelia 45 votes

Comments

• angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    I used to hate the design years ago when I started playing, but it grew on me and I'd love to see a T6 with a Type-6 or Type-7 hull material.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • gannadenegannadene Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    Eh. Kind of has that post-Voyager problem of all the Fed ships turning into the same exact spearhead/bullet design. There's quite a few ships that need to be brought up to T6, though. I'd rather have several others first, personally.
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    Yes, please... I want a genuine space whale! A Tier 6 version could be so awesome...
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    While I still really like the ship and it's kitbashes I wouldn't get a T6 version. The ody and it's various types pretty much took it's place and I'm fine with that.
  • risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    It's still a popular ship. Not just for levelling, I tend to see them in endgame content such as ISA quite often as well.

I'm not sure if I would buy a T6 version, it depends on the lay out as well. It would be nice if they could make it heavy sci oriented, so that we would have another Sci-Cruiser type of ship.
  • mez83mez83 Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    I wouldn't be opposed, but I'm all about my avenger battle cruiser.
  • theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,985 Arc User
    It would be perfect as another Federation star cruiser, something like a workhorse ship within Starfleet
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
      I can't think of a reason not to do it.
      Tza0PEl.png
    • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,309 Arc User
      nikephorus wrote: »

Aside from the fact that the star cruiser is a hideous hog and that any remodeling would be a massive waste of time, effort and money.
      This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
    • nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
      questerius wrote: »

Aside from the fact that the star cruiser is a hideous hog and that any remodeling would be a massive waste of time, effort and money.

I could probably make similar statement about whatever ship your currently flying.
      Tza0PEl.png
    • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,309 Arc User

I could probably make similar statement about whatever ship your currently flying.

Except that the star cruiser is the hog which makes every other hog feel nimble.
      This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
    • firstaid#5667 firstaid Member Posts: 67 Arc User
      If it means a new science cruiser, then yes! :D
    • nixie50nixie50 Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User
      a T6 Ambassador would be more popular
      u7acy6aymfw7.gif
      We Need BERETS in the tailor
    • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
      When ppl start a thread with 'demand' in the topic, my vote will be immediately 'No!'
      3lsZz0w.jpg
    • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
      > @meimeitoo said:
      > When ppl start a thread with 'demand' in the topic, my vote will be immediately 'No!'

I'm quite sure it was demand as in "supply and demand", not "I demand".

@questerius Now I want it even more xD
      lFC4bt2.gif
      ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
      "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
      "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
      "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
    • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
      So the T5 Star Crusier costs 80,000 Dilitium. I also noted that the Orange Environmental Suit is 80,000 Dilitium, and the Yellow and Steel trimmed Environmental Suits are 350,000 Dilitium. A ship can't be that good if it costs the same or considerably less than an Uncommon or Rare Environmental Suit, now can it?

Why would you want one? :)
      'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
      Judge Dan Haywood
      'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
      l don't know.
      l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
      That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
      Lt. Philip J. Minns
    • protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,982 Arc User
      Yes, a T6 Emissary is exactly what this game needs... more ships to play the engaging team content in. Give it a "must have" trait and a unique console that does something amazing only when used in combination with 2 other C-store ship consoles because everybody loves spending zen. I'm sure a T6 Emissary will revitalize the game, player base, queues, and fleets be seen idling above ESD looking pretty.

/sarcasm
    • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
      It's a ship best left forgotten.
      When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
    • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
      edited September 2017
      the feds have too many ships as is, i wouldn't mind if Cryptic put more focus on Klingon and Romulan ships.
      coldnapalm wrote: »
      Demands for any new feddie bear ship will get a no vote from me until the KDF gets a t6 Vor'cha.

Indeed! Also add Romulan ships to that list. The KDF and RRW could do with more ships in their fleet.
      The Vor'cha is a beast of a ship and it should have a T6 version most certainly, it's as rabid as an angry targ :tongue:, especially when it's setup right.
      T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
      Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
    • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
      Boff-wise the Odysseys have filled that role, so don't really need a re-do of the Star Cruiser.
    • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
      edited September 2017
      I voted yes because I want to see everyone get the ship they want. I have absolutely no interest in this ship and wouldn't buy it myself. I will say however..
      coldnapalm wrote: »
      Demands for any new feddie bear ship will get a no vote from me until the KDF gets a t6 Vor'cha.

I 100% agree with this. The T6 Vor'cha should be next without question and the T6 Nova should come for Feds before a Star Cruiser.
      Insert witty signature line here.
    • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
      angrytarg wrote: »
      > @meimeitoo said:
      > When ppl start a thread with 'demand' in the topic, my vote will be immediately 'No!'

I'm quite sure it was demand as in "supply and demand", not "I demand".

@questerius Now I want it even more xD

LOL. Okay, guess I misread. :blush:
      3lsZz0w.jpg
    • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,661 Arc User
      Which one is that one? o.o
      dvZq2Aj.jpg
    • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User
      Yes please - I do like the visuals on the 'Star Cruisers' .... maybe a Typhoon Star Cruiser? :O

@Artan42 Did my comment above ( ^^ ) ... appeal to your senses? and may I have my daily supply of marmite rations?
      2gdi5w4mrudm.png
      Typhoon Class please!
    • taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
      Which one is that one? o.o

The Flat one. Pre Intel ships.

Kinda reminds me of "Flight of the Navigator" for some odd reason.. I dunno.

[img][/img]xxmZlBY.jpg
      [img][/img]XzVOqxH.jpg

[img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
    • disqord#9557 disqord Member Posts: 567 Arc User
      edited September 2017
      I don't enjoy the basic looks of the Emissary class, the kitbashes are pretty freaking great, especially when the nacelles are raised above the engineering section.

The original Emissary Star Cruiser was my first endgame level ship, and it served me very well. It's a little bit upsetting to see the ship has gotten no other variants, while something such as its counterpart, the Sovereign, has gotten an absolutely mental number of 'different' variants in the C-Store. (That's an exaggeration, but the Assault Cruiser still has a few more than average variants )

I would very much enjoy the Emissary getting a T6 upgrade.
    • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
      The Flat one. Pre Intel ships.

xxmZlBY.jpg

Ahh yes the Emissary class, i remember it well thanks to the picture above and this was before F2P, i used to have a Character called Darius J. Sevrin, man in his mid 40's, he made it to Vice Admiral and flew around in his beloved Kitbashed Emissary class ship, he affectionately called his ship "Pointy" because of it's arrow head shaped saucer section. He retired from service a few years back along with the ship he loved.

Back then the Assault cruiser i was also using, but then again it was a rainbow cruiser, i enjoyed flying both of them when they were near the top end before the lockbox invasion and the first alien ship made it into player hands, the bug ship in 2011.
      T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
      Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.