test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Some help (with characters) needed

Now I got this diplomatic conference in my current WIP mission and I could use the help of this fine community in creating a couple of backround (alien) characters for that conference. Generic "member of species *insert species name here*" is ok, though the mission is quite serious in tone so I'd prefer that if you choose help you won't give any obvious "joke" characters.

Also if you choose help me I'd appreciate if you gave a short description what the person/species is like.

Thanks in advance for anyone who chooses to help.

Comments

• starfarerthetastarfarertheta Member Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    @spiritborn
    It turned out the species I had in mind during the Roundtable show wasn't technologically advanced enough to engage in interstellar diplomacy. I therefore came up with an entirely new species for your use:

eFc9H7v.png

Name: Uv'aur
    Species: Uarx
    Role: Ambassador
    Temperment: Generally silent, but observant.

Species description:
    The Uarx are reclusive preferring to distance themselves from wider galactic happenings. Their star system is one of the largest on record: a trinary star system hosting nine M-class planets and an even greater number of gas giants. However, recent events (including the war) have prompted them to begin to reach out to their stellar neighbors, including the Federation, Romulan Republic, and Klingon Empire. They were once considered for membership but they declined much to the dissapointment of Captain Shon.

Sliders:
    https://i.imgur.com/Vx5pnd5.png
    https://i.imgur.com/2sQ7kzT.png
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,248 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    @spiritborn
    It turned out the species I had in mind during the Roundtable show wasn't technologically advanced enough to engage in interstellar diplomacy. I therefore came up with an entirely new species for your use:

*snip image*

Name: Uv'aur
    Species: Uarx
    Role: Ambassador
    Temperment: Generally silent, but observant.

Species description:
    The Uarx are reclusive preferring to distance themselves from wider galactic happenings. Their star system is one of the largest on record: a trinary star system hosting nine M-class planets and an even greater number of gas giants. However, recent events (including the war) have prompted them to begin to reach out to their stellar neighbors, including the Federation, Romulan Republic, and Klingon Empire. They were once considered for membership but they declined much to the dissapointment of Captain Shon.
    That looks nice thanks, just one minor question how does this person/species feel about telepaths, as the main species for the mission are known to be powerful telepaths, though they also value privacy and non-consentual mind reading is consider about the worst possible thing to do.

EDIT:also how long lived this species is so would 59 old or young for that speices?
    The Uarx would find telepaths more difficult to trust than others. Although Uv'aur has tried to prepare for encounters with telepaths so he wouldn't be as bothered as the rest of his people would be. He'd still be uncomfortable, but would try not to show it.

For their age, an Uarx (the X is silent) live to be about 150 on average, so 59 would be leaning on the younger side of things.
    edited September 2017
    PuUQk8X.jpg
    this is how my try to replicate the sliders worked out, the other alien is the Teldralian king and helmeted soldier is a member of the Teldralian Royal Guard.

(I'm not 100% satisfied with the king's outfit but peices I'd want aren't in the foundry atm).

EDIT:ignore the map btw it's just something I use to test NPCs for this project.
    the color on the pattern of the coat is a bit darker then that of your pic is but I think it looks better that way, so if you don't have objections I'll keep it that way.
    edited September 2017
    Oh yeah, the costume editor in the pic shows things as being brighter than they should be. The suit should definitely be black(ish) in color. :)
    Oh yeah, the costume editor in the pic shows things as being brighter than they should be. The suit should definitely be black(ish) in color. :)

that explains why the sliders had darker colors then ;) I wonder if I made the skin too dark or if that's just a result of not being in the floodlights of the character/costume editor that make skin seem darker. also I got the wrong set of horns.
    edited September 2017
    47rF8M9.jpg
    now with fixed horns and in a map that's part of the actual mission and not just a test map.

EDIT:ignore the corpse at the corner it shouldn't be there (yet).