test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Skill boost doffs

Hate to ask it here, but I posed the question of 4 different channels, but nobody could be bothered to answer. Guess everyone's running Sompek. :)

So, those doffs that have a 25% chance at +2 to skills when activating ensign abilities, are they any good? +2 seems very low. Granted, they allegedly stack 10 times; but do the effects last long enough to stack that high? And is +20 *skill* even that high to begin with?

Thanks.
3lsZz0w.jpg

Comments

• Options
    tunebreakertunebreaker Member Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    They are not god-like, but good enough. Especially those that activate at Ensign powers (cause you'll have most of ensign level powers). I personally have 1 slotted.

+2 skills is not much, granted, but it helps, especially since it gives +2 to *everything* besides Readiness. For example, it means +1% cat1 all dmg, +2% Power Transfer Rate, +0.8% weapon CrtD, +0.08% weapon CrtH, +0.2 Armor Pen and so on, per stack.

With all the action going on during battles, I haven't really had time to keep my eye on that super-tiny icon, but no, I would believe you won't reach 10 stacks normally. Something like 5 should be doable though.
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    They are not god-like, but good enough. Especially those that activate at Ensign powers (cause you'll have most of ensign level powers). I personally have 1 slotted.

+2 skills is not much, granted, but it helps, especially since it gives +2 to *everything* besides Readiness. For example, it means +1% cat1 all dmg, +2% Power Transfer Rate, +0.8% weapon CrtD, +0.08% weapon CrtH, +0.2 Armor Pen and so on, per stack.

With all the action going on during battles, I haven't really had time to keep my eye on that super-tiny icon, but no, I would believe you won't reach 10 stacks normally. Something like 5 should be doable though.

Thank you very much again. :)
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    P.S. I saw they exist for Lt. and Lt. Cmdr abilities too. A combination of 2 could be interesting. :)
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    tunebreakertunebreaker Member Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    P.S. I saw they exist for Lt. and Lt. Cmdr abilities too. A combination of 2 could be interesting. :)

You should be even able equip both that give stacks at ensign powers. One VR is Fabrication Engineer, the other Research Lab Scientist. Not sure I want to unequip any of my other doffs to make room though...