What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Tzenkethi Battlezone

2»

Comments

• Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    Honestly, it's a fun little Zone if you're just looking for some mindless, life-on-easy-street pew-pewing (and maybe some XP for your Mastery). If you're in it for the rewards, best to look elsewhere.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    aspartan1aspartan1 Member Posts: 1,054 Arc User
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    Honestly, it's a fun little Zone if you're just looking for some mindless, life-on-easy-street pew-pewing (and maybe some XP for your Mastery). If you're in it for the rewards, best to look elsewhere.

That is essentially it.... Great to test DPS builds and to gain mastery but otherwise unless you have 20 or so friends with you it is nearly always a monumental waste of time...
    If you are looking for an excellent PvE fleet consider: Omega Combat Division today.
    Former member of the Cryptic Family & Friends Testing Team. Sadly, one day, it simply vanished - without a word or trace...
    Obscurea Chaotica Fleet (KDF), Commander
    ingame: @.Spartan
    Romulan_Republic_logo.png
    Former Alpha & Beta Tester
    Original Cryptic Forum Name: Spartan (member #124)
    The Glorious, Kirk’s Protegè
  • Options
    oblo42oblo42 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    ...But it seems easy enough to fix, no? Not giving up hope just yet!
    "Super Nintendo, Sega Genesis, when I was dead broke, man I couldn't picture this." - Notorious B.I.G.
  • Options
    postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    Battlezone fixes coming to an incorrect blogpost and/or lockbox soon.
  • Options
    lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    The fact that it's out there in the TRIBBLE-end of the backside of the wrong end of the Alpha Quadrant doesn't help.

No body in their right mind ever goes out that way, even with the transwarp option.

The zone itself looks beautiful though i'll admit. And the actual missions are quite nice. I like the asteroid football one best and it works really nicely with a good group.
    But just like the queues, getting a group is nigh on impossible these days. I don't even see call-outs in chat channels ever.

Such a massive waste of resources.
    SulMatuul.png
  • Options
    kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    oblo42 wrote: »
    ...But it seems easy enough to fix, no? Not giving up hope just yet!

it seems easy but they did try patching it 2 or 3 times in the patch notes after release.... obviously it aint easy or they were just in a hurry to abandon it for more ..... something....
  • Options
    asuran14asuran14 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    It would be nice if they added a bit of a defender reward so that those players that do defend/camp zones/points that were captured could feel like they actually are getting something out of doing this, even if this were a small dil/mark reward when defending a contested zone/point would be nice. I have found more often than not one issue I see if that even when we get a notice of a zone/point going contested, that most of the players in the zone feel it is not worth it to recap the zone/point compared to capping a zone that will give them a reward for doing so.

Hell one thing I think that would be interesting in a zone like the Tzenkethi battle-zone with how the contesting zone mechanic works, being that it goes both quickly an sometimes unnoticed. Having the rewards that you gain from capping points in the zone slightly lower than most other battle-zones, but that the zone had a capping combo feature in that when you cap a point in the zone if you cap/recap a point with a set period of time it will increase the reward gained from that point. The increase could be at a rate of .25-.50 times for each zone you cap/recap within the combo period, not sure where I would put the cap on the combo reward buff though.
  • Options
    oblo42oblo42 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    That's actually an interesting idea... Some incentive for defending points can only help.
    "Super Nintendo, Sega Genesis, when I was dead broke, man I couldn't picture this." - Notorious B.I.G.
  • Options
    slifox#0768 slifox Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    I've only seen it finished...once. Today in fact.
  • Options
    lordsteve1 wrote: »
    The fact that it's out there in the ****-end of the backside of the wrong end of the Alpha Quadrant doesn't help.

No body in their right mind ever goes out that way, even with the transwarp option.

The zone itself looks beautiful though i'll admit. And the actual missions are quite nice. I like the asteroid football one best and it works really nicely with a good group.
    But just like the queues, getting a group is nigh on impossible these days. I don't even see call-outs in chat channels ever.

Such a massive waste of resources.

Every so often I pop out the idea of adapting the asteroid push into a shuttle based pvevp, along the lines of rocket league but with custom shuttle gear like grapples to move the rock and mess with the opposition.

But so far it seems to have fallen on blind eyes.

Either that or they've decided that three maps is all they'll ever do as wasted potential is a good thing.
  • Options
    roebotsixtyfiveroebotsixtyfive Member Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    lopequil wrote: »
    The problem seems to stem from zones being recaptured too quickly and, as @postagepaid said, it's been like this since it was introduced to the game. I've only seen it completed twice, and one of those times was when the daily endeavour was to destroy Tzenkethi ships, so it was packed full.

Well, not just from this, but it sure is a major factor.

All points take 5 mins to cap, plus travel and cleanup time. So let's say about 8-10 minutes each.
    All points recapture after 15 minutes as the allied ships have no hope of killing Tzenkethi ships thanks to their unique shields. I also get the feeling that unless they are engaged as soon as they appear, the Tzenkethi instantly recapture allied zones.

Points sometimes fail as well, like Asteroid even if you never let the Tzen get one through (but also put very few through), and reset, beginning the 5 minutes time-gate again.

So as a result, it takes an impossibly long time, and at least 9 people working in perfect teamwork soloing each point, to even get the Dread phase to start.

A couple of fixes such as lowering player capture time, increasing enemy recapture time, and just making the battlezone smaller (this one also applies to all the Space Battlezones) would make the Lukari BZ a valid way of getting Lukari marks and Rep Currency Items (Protomatter Container for Lukari Rep).

Sadly, at the moment, it's an almost impossible mess. Which is a shame, as it had some fun concepts that were ruined by having the BZ damn near impossible to complete.

sto_forum_sig_gif_by_roebot56-d9as2al.gif
    If you can't solve it logically, solve it like a moron.

51 + 1 Foundry Character Slots is NOT enough. Some of us love our characters. If I want to buy more character slots, why can't I? I couldn't experience the entire Delta Recruitment event without deleting a character.

The Iconians themselves can't time travel because their memories revert, but there is nothing to say an Iconian couldn't write everything she needed to do on a PADD, pin it to herself, travel back, read the PADD, do the tasks and return. Or just get one of her Non-Herald underlings to go back in time for her.

Want a Star Trek themed starship command fan-made Board Game that isn't fiendishly complicated but not so easy it's a joke? Download mine for free here. https://roebot56.deviantart.com/art/BOARD-GAME-R56-s-Starship-Command-STAR-TREK-Edn-682732468 A Stargate version of the game is available from a link in the description.

Oh yeah, I do Foundry missions for both KDFs and Feds. Just search KSTF (Short for Kinas Special Task Force, where Kinas is the name of the Admiral you will be serving under). The earlier ones are less story based and more combat based, while the later ones have a much heavier story element, but keep the large battles.
  • Options
    jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    I have never visited this BZ. Maybe I should just go and experience how bad it is for myself.
  • Options
    IF they scaled the timers based on number of people in the zone that might help.

Then again it might cause more problems if someone joins, tips the timer into the shorter bracket and the points instantly get capped because they were overdue.