test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[AEI] The Three Star Tale Part 2: Now Available to Play

It took me a little longer to get this done (thanks to rl commitments), but I finally managed to get it. Part 2 of The Three Star Tale--which was introduced during last year's Alliance Exploration Initiative competition--is up and has apparently made it past the review stage!

Jbuydyv.jpg

ID: ST-HPGUY3BMQ

Description:
Starbase Magellan has discovered something within the stone that Princess Alleria of Elara IV has in her posession; something that could either lead to one of the greatest discoveries in history or the destruction of all the peace-loving races in the galaxy. Before that can be determined, a rescue mission for Alleria's missing father must be launched.

This mission is a sequel to [AEI] The Three Star Tale Part 1 and is part of the Alliance Exploration Initiative. It contains a heavy amount of dialogue and story with occasional combat. It is recommended that you play [AEI] The Three Star Tale Part 1 first to get the full story.

The Archer System is located in the Nerendra Sector of the Beta Quadrant.

Minimum Level Requirement: 57
Number of players: 1

Please note that there is a pathing issue on one map that will cause bridge officers and NPC mobs to disappear and respawn in odd places. However, it is possible to play through the map. I will also be posting about this particular issue in the Foundry Bug topic.

Also, if you haven't had the chance to or it's been a while, play Part 1!
7WyPo5h.jpg
Kkerp5u.jpg?1

"No matter where you go...there you are."

Comments

• duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    Hey, just starting it up. Noticed some weirdness on Magellan map 2, items spawning in and out as you move around (ex. end of the hallway to the right). This is caused by being outside a transporter room prop (not sure if it was spawned in yet but that might not matter.) A custom built transporter pad (perhaps just copied from our stock Magellan interior) would clear this up. :)

Edit:
    Progression problem: I could not "Get to the plaza." There was no waypoint marked for this objective and none of the nearby candidates tripped it. I reloaded the map and restarted the mission but no dice, I couldn't complete it. Double check that reach objective to make sure everything's in order (make sure it has its waypoint, wasn't displaced in an update). If all's good then this is just a glitch on my end that persisted for long as I still had the mission still queued. Will try again once things check out. :)

Edit 2:
    Also, one last recommendation: shifting the [AEI] tag to the end of the mission title might be advisable. In the top 3 system, it appears that Three Star Tale has quite the runtime. :tongue:
    DIbxx4vWsAMC8f9.jpg

Edit 3:
    Also, :+1: to getting battle mages in STO (with plot, reminded me of earlier final fantasy games in a good way.) :)
    Post edited by duncanidaho11 on
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • djxprimedjxprime Member Posts: 522 Arc User
    Hey, just starting it up. Noticed some weirdness on Magellan map 2, items spawning in and out as you move around (ex. end of the hallway to the right). This is caused by being outside a transporter room prop (not sure if it was spawned in yet but that might not matter.) A custom built transporter pad (perhaps just copied from our stock Magellan interior) would clear this up. :)

I was noticing that as well. I honestly thought it was an issue similar to some of the pre-made maps that started after Season 12 (there's a Borg Interior map that had that problem). It didn't occur to me that the transporter room could do that when it was hidden. I'm going to work on that one. I hope to have it corrected in a couple of days.
    Edit:
    Progression problem: I could not "Get to the plaza." There was no waypoint marked for this objective and none of the nearby candidates tripped it. I reloaded the map and restarted the mission but no dice, I couldn't complete it. Double check that reach objective to make sure everything's in order (make sure it has its waypoint, wasn't displaced in an update). If all's good then this is just a glitch on my end that persisted for long as I still had the mission still queued. Will try again once things check out. :)

I think that was the first I heard about that happening. The waypoint was set to invisible; I'm going to change that to visible, just to be on the safe side.
    Edit 2:
    Also, one last recommendation: shifting the [AEI] tag to the end of the mission title might be advisable. In the top 3 system, it appears that Three Star Tale has quite the runtime. :tongue:
    DIbxx4vWsAMC8f9.jpg

Yikes! I see what you mean. I can imaging what Part 2's title would look like in the top 3. :D
    Edit 3:
    Also, :+1: to getting battle mages in STO (with plot, reminded me of earlier final fantasy games in a good way.) :)

Thanks. I wanted to have a Star Trek explanation for something like that, like in the Original Series with characters like Landru, Korob, and Sylvia.
    Kkerp5u.jpg?1

"No matter where you go...there you are."