test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Some thoughts about the balance changes.

2»

Comments

• Options
    tremere12tremere12 Member Posts: 477 Arc User
    patrickngo wrote: »
    tremere12 wrote: »
    I forgot to mention that Feedback Pulse needs to be restored to its original setting also, or at least be a little better than it already is.

I never really used it much myself, but I guess now it's kind of useless. This ability (for me) was never a problem in PVP, and most certainly not in PVE.

I will repeat that failing to resist physical on entropy together with the constant immunity stacking was the real thing that was killing PVP (space pvp at least). Everything else was not that bad. Fixing this part was the best thing from the balance changes, and it had no impact on PVE. Every other change is hit and miss for me - though mostly hit.

And yes, I agree the whining and ragequitting is so silly. You can still pull off monster-dps on mindles NPC's or whatever nowadays, so I don't see why all the butthurt.

Any other suggestions I'm open to hear.

a lot of the butthurt comes from a sector of the gaming populace that exists in every game-this type substitutes winning in an MMO for winning in real life-their egoes are wrapped up in it, they're willing to spend forty hours a week playing an online game and able to, because they literally don't have anything better to do.

this personality type, tends to also enjoy 'stomping n00bz' with OP and exploit builds, while declaring PvP to be a waste of time-they do it, don't think they don't, but they don't do it anywhere, or under any conditions where their opposition might actually be able to fight back, and after something like the balance pass, they're the first ones to scream, because they've just lost the ability to get zero-effort kills on other players-but they won't admit that's the target they're upset about the changes in.

this is especially apparent when the 'nerf' is to something that's generally pretty useless in PvE, but open to brutal exploitation against other players. (Ionic Turbulence and the stacking disables is a great example of this, but not the only one.)

in essence, a lot of the protest comes from people who get off on **** over other players, but refuse to admit it in public...

Nail'd it.