test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What's that ability/skill?

tmghost7729#8985 tmghost7729 Member Posts: 455 Arc User
Have been wondering this for quite a while now. Space - ship seems to have green (neon kind of green) stripes circling/engulfing it. See it on occasion in a queue/red alert on other folk's ships.

What is it?

Comments

• tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,635 Arc User
    Against Borg that usually means they've been hit with Nanite Shield Drain, which drains shields until cleared.
  • tmghost7729#8985 tmghost7729 Member Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    No, not that. I know what that looks like.

It's a neon light green stripes in a whirl/tornado-like structure swirling around the ship - it is an effect of a skill or ability, just can't fathom which one. And appears in any content, not just Borg.

I'm thinking it must be either Eng or Sci ability as I always play (apart from grinding on other toons) my main Tac toon and I don't have the ability.
  • jbmaverickjbmaverick Member Posts: 935 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    I suppose there's a few possibilities, most effects with a green light like that tend to be hull heals. Might be helpful to see a screenshot of the effect if you can get one. Based on the description it sounds like maybe the Iconian Resistance reputation trait Energy Refrequencer which gives you a hull heal in proportion to your outgoing damage.

Edit:
    Did it look like the green swirls in this video?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nBzxRVgWKE
    If so then it does seem to be Energy Refrequencer.

The universe has a wonderful sense of humor. The trick is learning how to take a joke.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Distributing shields while using the Iconian Shield also causes a Green pulsing effect around the ship, could be that or refrequencer like in the video above.

Screen shot really would help.
    Insert witty signature line here.
    edited August 2017
    Yes! That's it in the video. Thank you @jbmaverick! Thanks to all for their replies!

Figures, I have the set but barely use it due to just using other ones, lol. Will try it on.

Edit: Btw, what is that red/yellow targeting reticle @0:45, was always wondering that too and know it applies to the whole team (lemme guess, another Iconian set piece ability? :) )?
  • kf4tvikf4tvi Member Posts: 164 Arc User
    jbmaverick wrote: »
    I suppose there's a few possibilities, most effects with a green light like that tend to be hull heals. Might be helpful to see a screenshot of the effect if you can get one. Based on the description it sounds like maybe the Iconian Resistance reputation trait Energy Refrequencer which gives you a hull heal in proportion to your outgoing damage.

Edit:

Curious, what are the smiley face and hand icons in your tray used for?
  • ffttfftt Member Posts: 715 Arc User
    kf4tvi wrote: »

Edit:

There are some ship emotes that can display emoticons above your ship. Rock-Paper-Scissors is my favorite - although I hardly use any of them. When Cryptic retired some of the non-year specific event tokens they made a buyback store where you could turn them in and some of the store items were those emotes. I never checked but those emotes may also be in the phoenix.
  • alcaatrazalcaatraz Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    Regenerative Integrity Field console from the Kobali also has the visuals (when active) that ER has.
    --- @alcaatraz || I make tanks and do maths stuffs ---
    "I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul."
  • ffttfftt Member Posts: 715 Arc User
    Edit: ... (lemme guess, another Iconian set piece ability? :) )?

The Energy Refrequencer is a tier two trait gained through the Iconian Rep, not a set piece ability. I use it on some of my characters too, but none are running Iconian gear.
  • jbmaverickjbmaverick Member Posts: 935 Arc User
    Yes! That's it in the video. Thank you @jbmaverick! Thanks to all for their replies!

Figures, I have the set but barely use it due to just using other ones, lol. Will try it on.

Edit: Btw, what is that red/yellow targeting reticle @0:45, was always wondering that too and know it applies to the whole team (lemme guess, another Iconian set piece ability? :) )?

I watched through the video a bit to see if I could figure it out. I had at first thought it was the ship trait Predictive Algorithms but then I checked it in game and that trait causes a blue crosshair, not the red and orange one. While I was trying to figure it out in game in one of the battlezones I had that specific buff applied to me and someone else nearby who I wasn't teamed with, but I wasn't fast enough to find it in my buffs list. That means it's probably a bridge officer ability that debuffs an enemy and anyone that hits it receives the buff, maybe someone more familiar with newer bridge officer abilities will have an idea, I suspect it's Tactical. I'll keep looking around a bit to see if I can't find it myself.

The universe has a wonderful sense of humor. The trick is learning how to take a joke.
  • kf4tvikf4tvi Member Posts: 164 Arc User
    fftt wrote: »
    kf4tvi wrote: »

Edit:

There are some ship emotes that can display emoticons above your ship. Rock-Paper-Scissors is my favorite - although I hardly use any of them. When Cryptic retired some of the non-year specific event tokens they made a buyback store where you could turn them in and some of the store items were those emotes. I never checked but those emotes may also be in the phoenix.

Thank you.
    edited August 2017
    > @fftt said:
    > tmghost7729#8985 wrote: »
    >
    > Edit: ... (lemme guess, another Iconian set piece ability? :) )?
    >
    >
    > The Energy Refrequencer is a tier two trait gained through the Iconian Rep, not a set piece ability. I use it on some of my characters too, but none are running Iconian gear.

Figures, duuuh, my bad. :) He says it's the trait. Note to self: read carefully/don't assume.
    edited August 2017
    > @jbmaverick said:
    >
    > I watched through the video a bit to see if I could figure it out. I had at first thought it was the ship trait Predictive Algorithms but then I checked it in game and that trait causes a blue crosshair, not the red and orange one. While I was trying to figure it out in game in one of the battlezones I had that specific buff applied to me and someone else nearby who I wasn't teamed with, but I wasn't fast enough to find it in my buffs list. That means it's probably a bridge officer ability that debuffs an enemy and anyone that hits it receives the buff, maybe someone more familiar with newer bridge officer abilities will have an idea, I suspect it's Tactical. I'll keep looking around a bit to see if I can't find it myself.

Yes, I recall that Predictive Algorithms shows a purplish/blue one when trying it out. I have tried pretty much every Tac Boff ability but never came across this one. Please let me know if you find out (am traveling this week with very little time/ability to login to game :( ). Thanks.
    > @alcaatraz said:
    > Regenerative Integrity Field console from the Kobali also has the visuals (when active) that ER has.

Ok, good to know. Thanks.