test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Great Idea for a new playable faction

hey guys i have a couple of ideas for new playable factions that if worked on properly would be amazing Option A Dominion but either the option of working with the founders ect or start a civil war as like a free jem hadar just an idea and my second one what about the borg Cooperative where you work to take down the collective and use assimilated ships ect

Comments

• Options
    seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    Don't we already have enough underdeveloped half- and subfactions already? A playable race as part of fed/kdf/rom I could see but new factions seem kinda pointless now.
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    Don't we already have enough underdeveloped half- and subfactions already? A playable race as part of fed/kdf/rom I could see but new factions seem kinda pointless now.

The potential of an expansion in 2018 and the Dominion being involved are a possiblity, obviously we will need to wait for some form of annoucement on it later in the year or early next year.

Would that mean Cryptic consider the Romulan faction as complete?
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    seriousxenoseriousxeno Member Posts: 473 Arc User
    Playable Dominion ain't happening, like ever.

ALL of their ships (except the battlecruiser) are stuck being either lobi,lockbox or promotional ships. They would have nothing canon to fly, except said battlecruiser.

Can you imagine the outrage new players would unleash if they find out they have to gamble their money away for what was once considered a common cannon-fodder ship? (yes, I mean the bug ship).

That's like making a KDF character, but finding out you can't fly the B'rel, D7 or Negh'var without gambling.

Stuff like that also keeps the Cardassians from ever being a faction btw, plain and simple. Their stuff is stuck in boxes too.
    latest?cb=20090525051807&path-prefix=en
    "Let them eat static!"