test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Whats the Point of Making a Temporal Agent now?

2»

Comments

• Options
    lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User
    soulforger wrote: »
    Other than the tutorial and the first six missions, there really is no new content.

Don't like it then don't use it? There are reasons other people would do
  • Options
    jrdobbsjr#3264 jrdobbsjr Member Posts: 431 Arc User
    What is funny is that the temporal event ran for about a month longer than it was supposed to. I made a second Temporal Agent before they finally patched the event out

But as far as I am concerned, AoY is a must play for any TOS fan. Wish I never had to leave the 23rd century. What would be nice is KDF and Romulan AoY questlines as well
  • Options
    kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    But as far as I am concerned, AoY is a must play for any TOS fan. Wish I never had to leave the 23rd century. What would be nice is KDF and Romulan AoY questlines as well

^this plus unlock caitians for TOS
  • Options
    mephizton2092mephizton2092 Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    This is aToS fan faction, the agent was a timed event and cannot be made again.
    Lot's of people are Tos fans, and they got their faction. They cannot be an agent annymore.
    Just like delta recruit(s), no new character is a delta recruit.

And still prefered a ToS Caitan
    "Reports of our depression are vastly exaggerated."
    "Anyaway, we don't often see a sense of humor in Section 31."
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,318 Arc User
    The TOS Klingon and Gorn unlocks.

I'm planning a klingon char next. Might be interesting to go TOS for that.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    People probably make them to play the TOS missions, which really are cryptic' best work. Also if they like the TOS style visuals and sounds.

My AoY TOSling is still in the 23rd century, as I just can't let go of those wonderful vintage maps.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    The equipment and Manuals that are available in the 23rd Century Vendors have, with a recent patch, been changed to Can Trade/Sell but Bind to Account on Equip.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    dolfanar#1514 dolfanar Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    > My AoY TOSling is still in the 23rd century, as I just can't let go of those wonderful vintage maps.

I really do hope we get a season down the road which puts up back in the 23rd. There was a lot of charm in those maps a visuals...
  • Options
    feiqafeiqa Member Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    Not just the maps. But the missions had that feel of high adventure the original series evoked.
    Doing more missions back then would have and still would be grand.

Originally Posted by pwlaughingtrendy
    Network engineers are not ship designers.
    Nor should they be. Their ships would look weird.
  • Options
    kianazerokianazero Member Posts: 247 Arc User
    feiqa wrote: »
    Not just the maps. But the missions had that feel of high adventure the original series evoked.

It'd also be neat to revisit some things from the TOS era. like the Gangster Planet (the mission reward could be a 1911a1 or a Tommy Gun!) or find out what happened to the black/white and white/black zealots.
  • Options
    kianazero wrote: »

It'd also be neat to revisit some things from the TOS era. like the Gangster Planet (the mission reward could be a 1911a1 or a Tommy Gun!) or find out what happened to the black/white and white/black zealots.

They had such a great look I keep hoping that if they don't make the race they at least unlock the skins so we can make them with alien gen.
    Of course I would love to see alien gen in ToS. . . .

• Options
    xyquarzexyquarze Member Posts: 2,114 Arc User
    Well, what's the point in playing a TOS toon when having a new character? Good question. What is the point in having a standard Fed toon? You want a new Fed character, you have two options to choose from, which IMO don't really matter that much in the end. But you can do what you like here. It's a bit like "when I make a new toon, what's the point in making a Rigelian one?". You can do so, if you wish. You can do differently, if you so wish. No harm done.

Although, come to think of it, what is the point in making a Rigelian?
    My mother was an epohh and my father smelled of tulaberries
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    The equipment and Manuals that are available in the 23rd Century Vendors have, with a recent patch, been changed to Can Trade/Sell but Bind to Account on Equip.

Where can you get those training manuals, while we're at it? And are the the same as you can get at K-13? Might as well pick up a few then, if they're interesting. :)
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    azrael605 wrote: »
    > @feiqa said:
    > kianazero wrote: »
    >
    > feiqa wrote: »
    >
    > Not just the maps. But the missions had that feel of high adventure the original series evoked.
    > Doing more missions back then would have and still would be grand.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > It'd also be neat to revisit some things from the TOS era. like the Gangster Planet (the mission reward could be a 1911a1 or a Tommy Gun!) or find out what happened to the black/white and white/black zealots.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > They had such a great look I keep hoping that if they don't make the race they at least unlock the skins so we can make them with alien gen.
    > Of course I would love to see alien gen in ToS. . . .

Those 2 were the last of their species, their planet was dead.

Last two that Enterprise could detect since the home world was devastated. But they mentioned there were colonies.

• Options
    'Some people see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.'
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    meimeitoo wrote: »

Where can you get those training manuals, while we're at it? And are the the same as you can get at K-13? Might as well pick up a few then, if they're interesting. :)

on 23c ESD, and they're low tier gear, all white
  • Options
    jamieblanchardjamieblanchard Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    > My AoY TOSling is still in the 23rd century, as I just can't let go of those wonderful vintage maps.

I really do hope we get a season down the road which puts up back in the 23rd. There was a lot of charm in those maps a visuals...

Oh yes! I loved the whole TOS feel of those missions, and I daresay, that was the most fun I ever had doing STO. And I totally hear you regarding the Gangster Planet - I based some of my KDF Gorn toon's story on that. Would love to revisit the WW2 planet as well.
    Resident TOS, G.I. Joe, Transformers and hair metal fangirl.

And knowing is half the battle!

21 'til I die!
  • Options

Oh yes! I loved the whole TOS feel of those missions, and I daresay, that was the most fun I ever had doing STO. And I totally hear you regarding the Gangster Planet - I based some of my KDF Gorn toon's story on that. Would love to revisit the WW2 planet as well.

You want to visit Ekos?
    But Sigma Iota II would be fun, if only to get the hats.

• Options
    wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Member Posts: 1,728 Arc User
    I made a similar thread back when the Delta recruits came and went. And they were supposed to be our Temporal agents. Really, though, i think the characters are only there as a gimmick and a means to fudge the numbers, making the game look more successful than it is.

"Hey, look how many new captains there are!"
    "Hey, look how many people logged in this year!"

They're just gimmicks and not really worth anything beyond the initial unlocks.
  • Options
    But those Unlocks are d*mned sweet. ;)
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    xyquarzexyquarze Member Posts: 2,114 Arc User
    And I also happen to like my new toons. It does give you a reason to start a new approach. Maybe you didn't need it, but others may.
    My mother was an epohh and my father smelled of tulaberries
  • Options
    jamieblanchardjamieblanchard Member Posts: 556 Arc User

You want to visit Ekos?
    But Sigma Iota II would be fun, if only to get the hats.

Those hats would be neat - would be the crowning touch for Big Louie!

But those Unlocks are d*mned sweet. ;)

That they are! Plenty of reason to do it IMO.

Resident TOS, G.I. Joe, Transformers and hair metal fangirl.

And knowing is half the battle!

21 'til I die!
  • Options
    chiyoumikuchiyoumiku Member Posts: 1,028 Arc User
    I created my TOS Toon long after this ended. The reason why was because I had real life fall on top of me literally. And since it was my mom who turned me onto TOS in the first place, I felt it was in her best memory to play as a TOS Captain. But that's just me. But hey everyone is entitled to do what they please in the game if they want to make a TOS Toon and see the story than bravo good for them and if you don't well that's fine too.

I do admit though I lovemy T4/5 Ranger Class packing a huge punch as good as my T6 Vesta does. Fleet/Rep gear ftw~
    Sekhmet_Banner.jpg
    Defending The Galaxy By Breaking One Starfleet Regulation After The Next.
  • Options
    thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User
    Awesome missions ... then the fed missions again :'( followed by ten reps O.o
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!