test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Nine Ninja Nerf (seen patch notes thread is closed already)

2»

Comments

• Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    foxman00 wrote: »
    Why do alot of players always seem to think their is some grand conspiracy of cryptic being personally against them, or always being sneaky to on purpose cause players to pay money, then apparently immediatley "nerf" what they brought?

Or some grand conspiracy to change things always behind the players backs?

Still cant understand it :)

Grand Conspiracy? No.

Somewhat questionable business model at times? Yes.

If you think that Cryptic doesn't engage in the practice of selling power creep and then nerfing it to sell more power creep then I admire your optimism. They just white wash the tactic by calling it a 'balance pass' like that fools anyone.

^^ 100% This!

And sadly, it fools many people, who are lauding Cryptic for 'finally doing something about the power creep.' Meanwhile not understanding that said power creep was purposely fed by Cryptic itself, just to sell you moar stuff. And, indeed, it's not some grand conspiracy; just, like you say, a somewhat questionable business model.
    As for Scratch The Paint, I haven't really played with it, but the core problem here...

I see what you did there, and LOL-ed. :P
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    Keep your eyes peeled for the Damage Immunity Lockout icon in your status... no other immunity will trigger as long as that icon is up there.

Damage Immunity Lockout lasts 15s after anything that gives you immunity...Scratch the Paint will not activate if you are locked out of immunity.

The one with the red padlock on it.
    SLfLAMu.jpg
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin