test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

New player looking for a Klingon fleet.

Hello there,

My name is Drew. I am 49 and retired due to stroke. My reflexes aren't all that good, and I have a difficult time managing multitudes of buttons. But if I stick to the basics, I'm ok.

My son and I got the game, originally, to level together as Fed, but he has not wanted to play since we got through the tutorial. I rolled a Klingon Tactical captain to level on my own, and he is levl 15 so far.

A lot of the systems still confuse me, but I'm slowly getting the hang of it.

What I'm looking for in a fleet are friendly and helpful, and support several play styles, from PvE to PvP, leveling and "raid" style things (like against random borg or other factions, with maybe a little RP thrown in.

If this fits your fleet, please leave me a message here. I am currently dismissing all in-game add requests, since I don't know who I'm responding to. So please do not blind invite me in game.

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    fcedfced Member Posts: 385 Arc User
    Hello,
    On which platform are you ? PS4/XBOX/PC ?
    If on PS4, one of our Armada fleet will be glad to welcome you...
    PS4 / PS3 - Star Trek online (Trekkie) - Neverwinter - Mass Effect 1/2/3 Fan, I like Andromeda - Main language : Français - Secondary language : English - Third language : Forget you won't like it...
  • Options
    metaphasic#1490 metaphasic Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    fced wrote: »
    Hello,
    On which platform are you ? PS4/XBOX/PC ?
    If on PS4, one of our Armada fleet will be glad to welcome you...

I guess I should've stated; PC
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    Ok, Our fleet is on PC too but, I am not sure they are Multi language as us on PS4...
    Mostly French I should think, but I am sure they can link you to a good fleet, they are very very old (since the beginning of STO) they have a forum too : Fleet CDF, forum : www.stofr.com
    I think the best advice I could give you, is to ask some fleets to invite you to visit their holding, so you can have an idea of the fleet level, and most importantly how much players are connected when you or your son are connected...
    And the 2nd best advice would be : Try to have a voice chat with the fleet leaders to see if they fit your personality...
    At the beginning on STO PS4, we got a lot of problems with one toxic fleet admin and another too chew, he created the fleet to make players put money/stuff ,etc in the fleet bank, and then he started to stole money, stuff to sell it and buy things for him.
    A fleet is a partnership between you players, and some admins who do their possible to make things better for players...
    It take us long time to reach a balance, so take your time, visit fleets, talk with fleet admins, see if you can found players which fit you and your son style, and everything will be OK;..
    PS4 / PS3 - Star Trek online (Trekkie) - Neverwinter - Mass Effect 1/2/3 Fan, I like Andromeda - Main language : Français - Secondary language : English - Third language : Forget you won't like it...
  • Options
    winters83winters83 Member Posts: 486 Media Corps
    Hello there,

My name is Drew. I am 49 and retired due to stroke. My reflexes aren't all that good, and I have a difficult time managing multitudes of buttons. But if I stick to the basics, I'm ok.

My son and I got the game, originally, to level together as Fed, but he has not wanted to play since we got through the tutorial. I rolled a Klingon Tactical captain to level on my own, and he is levl 15 so far.

A lot of the systems still confuse me, but I'm slowly getting the hang of it.

What I'm looking for in a fleet are friendly and helpful, and support several play styles, from PvE to PvP, leveling and "raid" style things (like against random borg or other factions, with maybe a little RP thrown in.

If this fits your fleet, please leave me a message here. I am currently dismissing all in-game add requests, since I don't know who I'm responding to. So please do not blind invite me in game.

Thanks.

Hey Drew,

I would like to recommend the Priority One Armada for your to join. Our KDF fleet is the House of Martok. We are a mature, casual and very friendly group of fleets. I have linked our main recruitment thread below for you to take a look at. I have also linked our website below too. If you have any questions that you would like answered then please let me know and I will do my best to answer them for you. I would also like to recommend my YouTube channel. I recently just finished a lets play series covering the entire game, all story mission and systems. You may find it very useful. Anyway, I look forward to hearing back from you.

Link to Priority One Armada recruitment thread: Click Here

Link to Priority One Armada website: Click Here

Link to WintersGaming YouTube Channel: Click Here

-Winters
    Twitter: @P1Winters83 YouTube: WintersGaming
    =/\= ========================================== =/\=
    Fleet Admiral Winters - Priority One Armada
    U.S.S. Wolverine - NCC 831216
    =/\= ========================================== =/\=
    Armada Leader // Executive Producer // Host // Priority One Podcast
  • Options
    fliporicanfliporican Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    The the 10th Imperial Honor Guard is currently looking for new recruits. It is a casual Fleet, whose Brother FED Fleet is the 10th MACO Cavalry Regimental Fleet [ www.10thmacocavalryregiment.gamerlaunch.com ]. If you are interested please email in-game your KDF Faction’s CharacterName@handle to Serina@FlipORican. When invited to join and you accept, you are free to learn more about the fleet and see if this is the right fleet for you. You are not obligated to remain a member if you decide the fleet isn't for you, but we encourage you to give the fleet a chance before making a final decision. Feel free to contact me in-game if you have any question: Sabio@FlipORican.
    image.php?name=Sabio&ship=Renaissance&fleet=10th+MACO+Cavalry+Regiment&txtcol=EDE979&fac=fed&spezies=Human&klasse=Starfleet+Tactical+Officer&rank=vadm&image=01
  • Options
    If you haven't made your choice yet, i think you have two serious fleet here, House of Martok and 10th Imperial Honor Guard look serious...
    it is up to you to make your choice, your fleet fellow members will be your future friends for a long time (STO is a long shot game), and being with mature and serious (helping each others, players which contribute to fleet projects, kind, ...) players is the more important thing in a fleet ...