test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Delta Quadrant Story Arc

knightnbluknightnblu Member Posts: 104 Arc User
I like the new streamlined story arc in the Delta quadrant. However, I find it to be a bit clunky in the mission transitions. For example, you complete the first act on Kobali Prime and...nothing. You have to go to the mission tab in order to select the next mission. Also, Rai Sahen's missions should have been kept in the main arc as her interactions were crucial to the development of the Vaudwar as a people. While some of the exploration missions could have gone, several should have been kept in order to flesh out quadrant a little.

My fear is that this signals a trend in light story telling with no real meat in the game. Star Trek is a rich franchise with a very deep potential for compelling stories and if Roddenberry has proven anything, it is that stories sell. There remains massive and untapped potential for the game and although it has been nearly a decade since STO was born, you haven't even begun to scratch the surface of the stories that you can tell. Please don't underestimate the importance of this aspect of the game.