test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

WIP: special gift for the community for TNG anniversary!

stobot#7771 stobot Member Posts: 62 Arc User
This is awesome!!!
Hi everybody. As you probably know, next month is the 30th anniversary of TNG. To celebrate I am working on some special TNG inspired costumes to share as a gift for the community. These are still a work in progress and I'm not ready to share the actual costume files yet, but I wanted to share a preview of how they look and welcome any constructive feedback, as I will be making tweaks over the next month before I finally release the files.

I have made both a 'classic' TNG (younger) version as well as a 2410-era (older) version of each character. Certain character's 2410 version is only hypothetical, since some of the characters are dead (Tasha), status unknown (Wesley), or possibly even no longer in Starfleet (Worf).

Anyway, here is the link to the preview:

http://imgur.com/a/myelb

Like I said any constructive feedback is welcome and I look forward to sharing these files next month for the anniversary =)

PS: to clarify, I will be releasing the actual costume files that you can use in game on your own characters/boffs, not just pictures =P

https://redd.it/6tov39

Comments

• Options
    feiqafeiqa Member Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    Young Picard looks a tad too young.
    Why not use the Denise Crosby facial files for Tasha?
    A narrower face would be more appropriate for young Data. And can the older Data have the central grey stripe? (Skunk stripe as seen in the All Good Things.)

Originally Posted by pwlaughingtrendy
    Network engineers are not ship designers.
    Nor should they be. Their ships would look weird.
  • Options
    stobot#7771 stobot Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    feiqa wrote: »
    Young Picard looks a tad too young.
    Why not use the Denise Crosby facial files for Tasha?
    A narrower face would be more appropriate for young Data. And can the older Data have the central grey stripe? (Skunk stripe as seen in the All Good Things.)

This is fan made by a player, not the devs. Outside of demo-record, you cannot use the celeb face files in game. These are all made by creatively using the in game tailor. My friend in fleet is actually the ones who is making these, so that is how I know this.
  • Options
    Ahh. Sorry I thought you were a dev asking for some feedback. So scrub feedback on Tasha. Also hair stripe is not doable to my knowledge. But the narrower young face for Data is still a suggestion.

• Options
    nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    Given your limited number of assets to use I applaud you on your work. Some seem a bit off but some seem well spot on. They all resemble the TNG cast though & are recognizable mostly at first or second glance.
  • Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    A narrower face would be more appropriate for young Data.

He's an android, he doesn't change.

• Options
    A narrower face would be more appropriate for young Data.

He's an android, he doesn't change.

Actually when Brent Spiner began putting on weight they tossed in a bit where he was designed to age a bit. He was skinny in first season.