test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

C-Store / Lobi store you would update

feiqafeiqa Member Posts: 2,410 Arc User
What would up update or change in the two stores based on the changes in the game?
For me I would make the Melee pack from the C-store upgradeable. I mean you can upgrade a dropped batleth to XIV epic but not the one you paid for?
In the lobi store I would set some of the older weapons sets to not be exclusive. Like the Chroniton dual beam bank. It is over shadowed by later releases so let us buy/mount more. If only to keep our shots all looking the same.

Originally Posted by pwlaughingtrendy
Network engineers are not ship designers.
Nor should they be. Their ships would look weird.

Comments

• risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    Add more playable species to the C-store. Move all things like uniforms, special boffs and special weapons from the lobi to the C-store.

Services such as extra Boff slots, Doff slots load outs and ship slots should see a price reduction. Or slightly increase their price but make them account wide. Costume unlocks already are account-wide, the same should happen to the other services with the exception of the retrain tokens. Those affect gameplay and are more than a convenience thing.

Oh, and related to the Boff thing: finally change the Aenar trait. Make it such that it can be disabled, it's almost useless and even annoying in most cases.
  • postinggumpostinggum Member Posts: 1,117 Arc User
    For lobi store stuff that the player base has moved on from do at least one of:
    Serious discounting
    Upgrade items directly or in someway release special stat boosting upgrades, similar for old lockbox weapons like phased or polarized that are now down a mod
    Add items to sets, so captains get choice of weapons that carry an effect - how difficult is it to do the dbb version of a canon etc? Similar applies to rep specials

I'd love to see the data on whats selling in the cstore and lobi store.
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    Eh. GPL Store needs an update first.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • gothkid1972gothkid1972 Member Posts: 112 Arc User
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    Eh. GPL Store needs an update first.

Agreed...got so much GPL now, its insane. Quark would follow me around like a puppy if he knew...hey...thats not a bad idea, a Quark/Brunt pet that follows you around for 1 million GPL!!!!!!!!!!!
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,572 Arc User
    Older Lobi Space Set Weapons and Consoles should by Very Rare like the new ones and not Rare. They did that with Lobi Ground Weapons before releasing Item Upgrades. In fact, for the equivalent of either 4,000 Zen or 200 million EC PER PIECE for a single Character unlock, they should be Mk XIII UR like the unlocked Reputation Projects.

In addition to the above a slight price reduction would be welcomed as well. They also should be Bind on Equip so they can be posted on the Exchange.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • hillard1959hillard1959 Member Posts: 197 Arc User
    For the C-Store? The one update I'd be interested in atm is the ability to sort ships by faction. Say, you only want to see Federation ships. There should be a checkbox for that.
  • feiqafeiqa Member Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    For the C-Store? The one update I'd be interested in atm is the ability to sort ships by faction. Say, you only want to see Federation ships. There should be a checkbox for that.

ooh I like that one.

Originally Posted by pwlaughingtrendy
    Network engineers are not ship designers.
    Nor should they be. Their ships would look weird.
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User

Better yes, give us a much needed 'Usable' check box, so, as a Rom, for instance, I will only see ships I can actually use, and not every Klink and Fed ship out there.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 6,007 Arc User

Would make sorting through things easier
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
      I would move all the cosmetic stuff like costumes, pets, disco balls etc to a new GPL store. These have zero effect on how good anyone is at the game but are still bought for fun.

Then fill the C-store with ships and playable races that are common to ST. Much the same as it already is really.

Finally the Lobi store should remain similar to how it is with only the really rare stuff in it, the alien ships and weaponry etc. This stuff is powerful and desirable and should stay there so it helps prop up the game's economy.Whilst STO is not exactly p2w people are quite filling to pay-2-get ahead, so cater for that with rare gear.
      SulMatuul.png
    • lopequillopequil Member Posts: 1,226 Arc User
      Make all lobi ground and ship items very rare rather than rare by default.

Make armour unlock visuals again; making people buy the armour and the costume is just greedy.

Also, consider treating lobi costumes the same way as c-store ones in the tailor and let us preview them with the option to buy. I've bought more than one lobi costume only to find it doesn't work on my character. No one should have to test this sort of thing on tribble before purchasing.
      Q9BWcdD.png
    • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,572 Arc User
      Ground is already Very Rare, the last two Space Sets were Very Rare, everything before in that category is Rare, hence my comments previously.

The Jem'Hadar Outfit really burned me. It used to be you got the three pieces from Episodes all max Mk XI. The Assault Gun was Rare, the Shield and Armor Very Rare. You could then spend 150 Lobi in the Lobi Store and you got three VR pieces Mk XII and the Costume Unlock.

Item Upgrading came out and they left it to you to get them to XII (and Gun to VR). Only the Outfit unlock was left in the Lobi Store and they RAISED the price of that to 200 Lobi.
      'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
      Judge Dan Haywood
      'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
      l don't know.
      l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
      That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
      Lt. Philip J. Minns
    • memnoch#6978 memnoch Member Posts: 197 Arc User
      The Excalibur. That's mackenzi Calhoun's ship. It needs to be special. And mean.